Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Hmmmm. The dehydration thing rings true...might try and take my meds with a glass of water and leave some beside my bed for first thing in the morning.

@Hersheys, I think I might need to make a more conscious effort to fall asleep in the "right" position - make sure my neck is supported etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

After taking sleepers I always position myself so that my head is fully supported. It's usually on my arm so I always wake up with a dead arm, but that comes back to life faster than a sore neck. Would you try a different pillow? I found the memory foam ones harder and less forgiving when it comes to head position.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 want to disappear

Feeling a bit low today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

It is just me or does this page remind anyone else of a H@rvey Norman Ad ? lol all this pillow talk

Actually I've an idea , get your thinking caps on and come up with a pillow ad. might seem stupid but it be a laugh :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Kaching wrote: »
    Actually I've an idea , get your thinking caps on and come up with a pillow ad. might seem stupid but it be a laugh :L

k, got my pillow ad

Lots of hot sexy girls in their underwear hitting me with pillows, and I'm loving it (and somehow I'm really strong and muscular and ripped)

Then voice narrator goes brandname pillows, soft and fluffy on the outside, strong and manly on the inside

and bam, we've got our ad

Haha nice one ,

any competition?

Haha nice one ,

any competition?

"Does your medication mean you sleep a little TOO well????
    Now, we have the solution... A mechanical mattress that will turn you regularly through the night.
    But wait, there's more

Order today and get a FREE air raid siren to wake you in the morning!"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Freakin ups and downs. All over the shop this morning, hoping that my tablets will give me the drowsy effect so i can sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭shy_boy

after reading up on the net i have realised i suffer from this horrible disease it has taken over my life and has stoped me on many occasions of achieving anything in life. I have under achieved big time and i really need to get this sorted i have no problem learning new skills or working but i am so negative about social situations can i relistically over come this.

I would love to hear from any one who is also suffering from this but being what it is and how long it took me to get the courage to post this i dont expect many replys

But if you ar out there and want to reply i can garentee you you wont be judged by me:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭shy_boy

how do you go about finding a cbt group in yr area? i am feeling very anxious and i dont no why but i am use to this at this stage and ill probly get more anxious in another while about posting this here emmmm its a vicous circle

Have hit a bit of a funk :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

neemish wrote: »
    "Does your medication mean you sleep a little TOO well????
    Now, we have the solution... A mechanical mattress that will turn you regularly through the night.
    But wait, there's more

Order today and get a FREE air raid siren to wake you in the morning!"

The lack of pillow in this pillow ad is not cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

I am feeling so sad.

I'm crap at my job, having responsibilities taken away from me, my last job was the same. I am far from loved ones, can't find a job near them, and even if I did, am likely to fúck this one up to. I didn't pick up the techniques in my job quickly enough, so they had to amend my role (read: make it easier), menial things only. Basically, I was wasting time for them, not saving it as I was supposed to do. I feel a total fúcking failure and dunce. How can I even go into a new job, knowing this? I don't know where to turn. I would do a Masters, but can't afford to go full-time, and the part-time ones I am interested in require you to have a job in the field of the Masters, which I don't. In addition, my confidence is severely knocked now. A Masters would teach me theory, but what's the point if I don't have dexterity? I have been in a state of anxiety of two months now, and it's eating away at me. Pile on housemate problems and a lack of friends here, and you have a very depressed person.

Can't stop crying.

titan18 wrote: »
    The lack of pillow in this pillow ad is not cool.

Cat fight !!:P

Cat fight !!:P

Neemish sharpens her claws as she tries to think of a retort through a haze of tiredness!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Hi guys. I've been thinking of yoga as an option. There's a place that does it just round the corner from where I live. Main problem is it involves people so I'd be terrified to do it. On the plus side, it may be relaxing etc and would get me out for an hour a week meeting new people.
    Do any of ye do it? Is it worth a try?

I didn't like yoga because the class I went to there was a woman who always farted and she always seemed to be beside me. There was also an element of "forced relaxation" that I didn't embrace too well (too much time for thinking) but most people enjoy yoga and get some benefit from it! I prefer more physical activities but yoga would be a good place to start - just make sure you don't eat too many beans before a class ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

phi3 wrote: »
    Hi guys. I've been thinking of yoga as an option. There's a place that does it just round the corner from where I live. Main problem is it involves people so I'd be terrified to do it. On the plus side, it may be relaxing etc and would get me out for an hour a week meeting new people.
    Do any of ye do it? Is it worth a try?

I think so, if you are familiar with mindfulness it's an added bonus as ye will be able to understand how to get the most from each movement / breath. Try some on youtube if ye don't want to go to a class (I haven't worked up courage to go to a class). I haven't done any the last 3 weeks coz of college finals and I can feel my body is in bits. I was doing it every day with youtube for about 2 weeks before that and my body just started stretching out (shoulders, neck and lower back, legs felt longer, spine was not in bits). Also I was more stable.

As you may gather, I recommend.

Started with a new therapist last week. So far so good, I like her which is a bonus, and I'm comfortable talking to her. But today she asked me to do some homework (which is okay!) of "what do I want out of therapy" and "what are my no-no topics". Obviously I'm the best equipped person to deal with the what I don't want to talk about, but any ideas of what I can write down as to what I want? I'm drawing a blank... and I don't want to sound stupid!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

Been in a bit of a state, not sleeping and so on. Spent the day panicing. Managed to get a quick appointment with doctor. Got somethng that will hopefully calme me down. Fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭scrimshanker

Xanax kicked in... Little bit drowsy but much, much calmer. I feel like myself for the first time in a very long time. I think I'll have to follow this up properly, I hadn't realised just how off I'd been until this kicked in and I actually relaxed. It's kind of a sudden requirement to be able to calm down so the doctor was okay with prescribing, but wants me to engage in some counselling or CBT. I hadn't liked counselling before but I'll give it another go. I wouldn't be so dead set against medication either if I needed it to be able to engage with counselling/CBT. I know my problems are so small compared to so many of you here, there isn't even any reason for me to be so depressed/anxious/stressed, but I find posting here now and then helps a little. Hope you don't all mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 want to disappear

Decided to do an aerobics class thought it would help me with the social anxiety. (I would be with people but not have to make conversation).

The teacher stopped the class half way and singled me out to give me easier exercises while the rest of the class just watched. I could feel the tears starting (I'm painfully shy, and being singled out like that was just a bit to much). I just had to walk out :(

Another day, another f**king suicide. Obviously I'm upset about the death of a colleague but the worst thing was the reaction of another. She knows I've depression and suicide ideation and she uttered the line "see how bad you feel that XXX killed herself? That's how you would make people feel if you did it"

GAH!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Hersheys wrote: »
    Another day, another f**king suicide. Obviously I'm upset about the death of a colleague but the worst thing was the reaction of another. She knows I've depression and suicide ideation and she uttered the line "see how bad you feel that XXX killed herself? That's how you would make people feel if you did it"

GAH!!!!!

That's awful. It's really hard when people say things like that. But the bottom line is that they just don't understand. People seem to think that it's a choice to be depressed or to be suicidal. Even people who think they understand tend to say things like "I know how you feel but if you just try to be optimistic you'll be fine" And ya do feel like slapping them around the head. If you could just decide to be happy and optimistic, depression wouldn't exist at all. It's not a life choice. It's bloody hard.

Ignorance when it comes to mental health issues is unreal... But what doesn't kill us makes us stronger!!

its like when you were younger and scraped your knee , and someone says you'll be better before you're married ...wtf?

Ah in my house it was "better before you're twice married" - I guess it's the single parent thing in Dublin ;)

Ok. So that whole person killing herself has kinda sunk in now that I'm all alone in bed. I ain't a happy camper.

• Advertisement

Bad day today. Awful urges to cut even though things should be (are) positive for me! I haven't got to the phase of "what should I do when I want to cut" with the therapist yet. I'm just really edgy, I could take something for it but I need to be alert. Gah!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement