Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Unladen weight Kia Sorento

Options
  • 28-07-2015 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi, just wondering could anyone help me. I have a 2006 Kia Sorento 2.5L diesel EX model. Its manual transmission. Its also a commercial body.

I think I am being overcharged on the toll as I'm being charged a price for a "Goods vehicle that has an unladen weight that exceeds 2,000kgs but does not exceed 10,000kgs".

Now I have checked out online and I'm getting figures of between 1,965kg-1990kg for it. The automatic version seems to be over the 2,000kgs. Nearly all the sites are from the USA, Australia or Asia, so can't get a definite answer for European model.

Would anyone be able to help? Want to do my homework first before I have to do battle :D

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Should be on the vin plate under bonnet or ina door ope.

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

should also be on you log book or last doe print out page

• Registered Users Posts: 10 em31

thanks, had look at VIN and inside door, not there. Will look for it on log book when I find it! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

for some reason most commercials derived from a passenger vehicle end up in this category. I had a sorento in the same category and almost ended up in court over unpaid tolls trying to fight it.

its a hole in the system but I never succeeded in getting it sorted. unladen weight was just under 2 tonne iirc (1960kg or similar)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 em31

Found log book, its 2,050kgs! Think its mad that a little commercial jeep is charged more than a bus or coach. :( Anyway, just have to get on with it. Thanks all for your input. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

Crazy, i,d say if you had it re weighed with very little fuel, no spare tyre, jack ect it would be under also make sure you are not in it when they weigh it

Advertisement