Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gamer Pub Quiz

Options
  • 09-12-2012 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭

Had an idea to test your wits.

Pose a question, the person who answers it, asks the next question.

Keep it game related, include some classic moments or ones you loved.

Maybe this will go somewhere , maybe not.

I will start;

Question: Name the game featuring my game Favourite quote;

"Timmy, Timmy, Timmy, Timmmmaaaay, Timmmaaaaaaaay!"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

South Park ?

Edit : If I'm not right - then you need to come up with better questions as per degrassinoel below

TIMMEH_70c64f_989568.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

No idea,Grand Theft Auto?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

this is a good idea, but that question is incredibly vague.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

True it was a bit niche.
    It's Giants Citizen Kabuto. If you've played the game you know its the famous scene when Timmy is being sacrificed to the Kabuto

Any comments to refine the game would be welcome as i think it has merit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,302 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Name a Game that Jason Statham has voiced?

edit: i still got it right so my question stands :p

• Advertisement

Red faction 2 :) sadly i knew that.. was tempted to say dungeon siege, but he was just in that crap film version of a crap game..

Command and Conquer question for the oldies..

finish the quote: "From God to Kane to _____" ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,801 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Seth :)

Name the first FPS game with recharging health.

Hint, it was on the Gameboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,302 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Seth :)

Name the first FPS game with recharging health.

Hint, it was on the Gameboy.

had to look that up as it was too obscure and I never heard of the game

Jesus I've no clue, esp given the fact it was on GameBoy - I can't even think of an FPS on gameboy

Also, for the sake of the game, I'll refrain from using google, everyone should do the same. Anyone can google an answer.
    Also, try make the questions general trivia, not some fact from random game you played that noone knows (not referring to the above - the above is an excellent question - just for future questions)

EDIT : Hahahaha :P Just checked the answer there ! Noone is getting that unless they are some anorak (which I guess most pub quiz players can be at times - useless trivia)
    It looked like that maze game off the early Siemens phones :D , you may have killed this thread :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,801 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well it seems that one was too difficult :) I'll pick an easier one and give the answer:

Answer:
    Midi Maze/Faceball 2000 on a variety of platforms including the gameboy.

What was the first Final Fantasy game released in Europe, including spin-offs bearing the FF name?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Final Fantasy IV I think.

Same series, which was the first game to show a character bleeding?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Final Fantasy IV I think.

Same series, which was the first game to show a character bleeding?

FFIV was never released in Europe until the PS1 anthology or GBA games well into 2000's. First main series game in Europe was FFVII but there were two games before it, although only one contained Final Fantasy in the title, the other had it's name changed from the US one :P Keep trying.

As for your question, FFVII.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭ChubbyHubby

Final Fantasy Tactics?

derped - yeah, my bad

Final Fantasy Tactics?

Never even got a European release until the PSP version.

A clue. One was for the SNES, the other was for the Gameboy. However because of the name change only one has Final Fantasy in the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

was it called mystic quest?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

can we keep this for people who arnt older then 24 :L other wise il have to end up cheating and going google on yo asses :D

in resident evil (first one for ps1) in the mansion
    when you entered the big dining room which was the first double door to the left staircase at the start of the game, what was the object hanging out of the chandleer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

In what order did you have to speak to the Deku scrubs inside the Deku Tree to reach Gohma?

Newaglish wrote: »
    was it called mystic quest?

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest was released over in Europe on the SNES but the name was changed to Mystic Quest. So that leaves the Gameboy games, there's two Gameboy Final Fantasy spin off franchises but only one was released in Europe. But which one? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

It's that Final Fantasy Adventure one, isn't it? That went on to be the Mana series?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Ah lads, I think this is a good idea but it's going to have to be alot more mainstream to get off the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

It's not Legend....it's the other one.... nurlo...... it wont come to me....

here you go - one for the under-24 mainstream market!

What is the name of nintendo's princess saving italian plumber?

complete the console name : Play________

what 3 letter word starting with G describes a kind of projectile weapon loved by Master chief?

Happy now? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Banjo wrote: »
    It's not Legend....it's the other one.... nurlo...... it wont come to me....

here you go - one for the under-24 mainstream market!

What is the name of nintendo's princess saving italian plumber?

Happy now? :D

Luigi :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

djkeogh wrote: »
    Ah lads, I think this is a good idea but it's going to have to be alot more mainstream to get off the ground

Yeah I agree with the above so I'll add a nice and easy(!) question.

Without googling how many Call of Duty games are there?
    Including expansions, spinoffs and console/handheld/phone versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Too many.

Gabe_Trollface.jpg

I know, I know...it's a trick question right ?

3 !!

Call of Duty
    Call of Duty 2
    Call of Duty 4 :Modern Warfare

The rest don't count :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Too many.

Very close to the truth!
    SeantheMan wrote: »
    I know, I know...it's a trick question right ?

3 !!

Call of Duty
    Call of Duty 2
    Call of Duty 4 :Modern Warfare

The rest don't count :P

Would have been the correct answer if I asked how many good Call of Duty games there were :)

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    It's that Final Fantasy Adventure one, isn't it? That went on to be the Mana series?

Bingo!
    djkeogh wrote: »

It's not my fault people aren't as awesome as me :P I thought my second one would be a bit more well known considering it's a popular franchise.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well it seems that one was too difficult :) I'll pick an easier one and give the answer:

Answer:
    Midi Maze/Faceball 2000 on a variety of platforms including the gameboy.

What was the first Final Fantasy game released in Europe, including spin-offs bearing the FF name?

I thought FFIV was marketed as FF with FFVI being FFII. Also thought FFXIII was the first to show a character bleeding. Looks like I was wrong both counts.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

I thought FFIV was marketed as FF with FFVI being FFII. Also thought FFXIII was the first to show a character bleeding. Looks like I was wrong both counts.

Nope, FFVII was the very first main series FF we got in Europe. I guess you don't remember how much square treated Europe like crap.

As for FFXIII, I might he wrong with FFVII, But I remember some blood when you take out Sephiroth right at the end. Even still if it wasn't FFVII, FFVIII had Squall bleed in the intro when he got his scar.

Advertisement