Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

shazza_90 wrote: »
    well i was up 0.5lb which wasn't much as i no but stll after me putting in such a tough and good week with food and exercise. unfortunately i have fallen off the wagon since this mornings weigh in, literally my aunt called out so we had a scone, crunchie ice cream, chocolate and pringles, omg im destraught, they were so nice but think i was so dwn about being up this morning that i just gave up. well im now trying to recover and plan for the rest of the week. i assume all my daily and weekly points are gone on this binge but sure all i can do is improve from here now and hope for the best!!!

you never know might not be as bad as you think, just get back on track do some extra exercise and you could be down that 0.5 and more it is possible draw a line under this morning and move forward! I know its so disheartening seeing a gain when your good, but there has to be a reason, show your tracker to your leader:) or up the water intake it's not TOTM

so scone was 5 plus 2 for butter and jam, 5 for the ice cream, 6 for the pringles and say another 5 for the chocolate depending on how much you had so that works out as about 23 give or take portion sizes!

have a healthy low PP lunch and dinner fill up on fruit add in some salad get some protein in there so you will feel full longer and you can still do it! better than giving up and being up 4 pounds next week! plus I bet you any thing getting back on track you will feel so much better for it and feel good in your self as well. keep us posted :D

so scone was 5 plus 2 for butter and jam, 5 for the ice cream, 6 for the pringles and say another 5 for the chocolate depending on how much you had so that works out as about 23 give or take portion sizes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 gem2011

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Its really nice! its 12pp for the whole thing....but could have half of it with a salad for 6pp! and recipe says hot or cold :D

(think yday might have said it was 10pp....i put in the wrong cheese when pointing it on ww online...i'd put in soft cheese instead of hard cheese when using the ww recipe pointer)

but 12pp for a seriously DELISH Quiche... compared to the ww quiche which is the size of a coaster for like 9pp or something!!!

Hi Lainey, I was just wondering which wraps you used for the quiche? I want to try this tomorrow but the ww wraps look a bit small. Would it be worth using a bigger wrap and adding the extra points? Thanks......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

donnamc5 wrote: »
    Bikram again tonight. Dreading it at this stage. This is what I'm telling myself- there's only 8 more lessons and then I never have to do it ever again for the whole rest of my life, so no giving up. Then I can switch to something I actually enjoy like the cross trainer or rowing, or pulling my teeth out which I think I'd prefer right now.

If by some miracle of nature I am converted in this next 8 lessons then fair enough but considering my current theory that it was invented by someone trying extract information in the Guantanamo bay region then I am highly dubious of this happening.

Would you consider Antigravity Yoga instead of the Bikram if you hate it so much? http://www.antigravityyogaireland.com/ I'm not sure if there are classes near you. I tried it before and it was good. If you like yoga then you'd probably like it. I'm not a mad yoga fan though! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Would you consider Antigravity Yoga instead of the Bikram if you hate it so much? http://www.antigravityyogaireland.com/ I'm not sure if there are classes near you. I tried it before and it was good. If you like yoga then you'd probably like it. I'm not a mad yoga fan though! :p

Thanks for the advice. To be honest, I think after these sessions are finished I fancy going back to a more traditional cardio workout. On the bright side, I never thought anything would make me actually look forward to working out but after this experience everything else will seem like a doddle lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

donnamc5 wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice. To be honest, I think after these sessions are finished I fancy going back to a more traditional cardio workout. On the bright side, I never thought anything would make me actually look forward to working out but after this experience everything else will seem like a doddle lol

I know what you mean, I did Pilates once - never again :( It was torture!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

gem2011 wrote: »
    Hi Lainey, I was just wondering which wraps you used for the quiche? I want to try this tomorrow but the ww wraps look a bit small. Would it be worth using a bigger wrap and adding the extra points? Thanks......

I used tesco light choices, they're 5pp i think, and it still came to 12pp!

the ww wraps i think are rubbish quality! always ripping!

I'll be putting pics up in the min on the blog of it!

its was seriously DELISH and LOOKED good!

dice and chop everything as finely as possible. i think someone else on here made it other day and said the wrap didnt take the weight of it, I think she'd mushrooms added to it. So i diced everything as finely as possible today and turned out great :D

I greased the tin with a few sprays of fry light

Tortilla Quiche Blog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 gem2011

I used tesco light choices, they're 5pp i think, and it still came to 12pp!

the ww wraps i think are rubbish quality! always ripping!

I'll be putting pics up in the min on the blog of it!

its was seriously DELISH and LOOKED good!

dice and chop everything as finely as possible. i think someone else on here made it other day and said the wrap didnt take the weight of it, I think she'd mushrooms added to it. So i diced everything as finely as possible today and turned out great :D

I greased the tin with a few sprays of fry light

Thanks Lainy, i'll have a look a your pics too :). It sounds yummy, can't wait to try it :pac:. Never thought i'd be excited at the prospect of making a healthy home made quiche!! :D

gem2011 wrote: »
    Thanks Lainy, i'll have a look a your pics too :). It sounds yummy, can't wait to try it :pac:. Never thought i'd be excited at the prospect of making a healthy home made quiche!! :D

there up now :D as i said i was so happy with it, before the oven cooled down i made a 2nd one for tomorrows lunch , and while that was doing in oven for 40 mins I hoped on treadmill for half an hour!

Fecking hell i get alot done in my day once i put my mind to it. I've also done 3 practice theory tests....failed every one of them....but its all practice LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 shazza_90

Baby75 wrote: »
    you never know might not be as bad as you think, just get back on track do some extra exercise and you could be down that 0.5 and more it is possible draw a line under this morning and move forward! I know its so disheartening seeing a gain when your good, but there has to be a reason, show your tracker to your leader:) or up the water intake it's not TOTM

have a healthy low PP lunch and dinner fill up on fruit add in some salad get some protein in there so you will feel full longer and you can still do it! better than giving up and being up 4 pounds next week! plus I bet you any thing getting back on track you will feel so much better for it and feel good in your self as well. keep us posted :D

thanks for the vote of confidence, ur so good,well pointed it all and it works out as my dailies and 20 of my weeklies but with no dinner so mite just ave small salad for 0points for dinner. I feel so sick after it that i dont even want to think of food really. It defo wasnt totm. Ya i said it to my leader this morning as i really wanted a loss this week with being so good and all she could think of was maybe im eating too much fruit, i dnt think i am as i have reduced it lately, well just going to have to wait until next week, and hope for the best, at least i dnt have any occassions this wkend so shouldnt need to dig into my wklies anymore, fingers crossed!maybe last wks exercise will catch up on me this wk, dont think im going to be that excessive though with the exercise as i have now come to the conclusion that it could be building muscle, all that spinning and aerobics. Sorry for the long rant but ive officially drawn the line and moving onwards and downwards!thanks for the support!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 RedBride

Hi, I wonder if someone can help me point my dinner from earlier please? I had a cajun chicken wrap with salad and wedges. I'm guesstimating as follows

Wrap - book says 3 pps, I'm thinking more like 5pps?
    Chicken - 4pps
    Cajun seasoning - no idea, it was like dry seasoning rather than a sauce - 2pps?
    Tbsp coleslow - can only imagine it's full fat so 3pps
    Cous cous - very small amount in the salad - 3pps
    Some sort of clear salad dressing used sparingly - 1pps
    And then the wedges, there was only 10/12 of them but they were defo deep fried :eek: Any ideas? Just as well I only had a glass of water with it!

This was all in a restaurant naturally, there's no way I'd be making something so point laden at home!

I'm off to print the recipe for the tortilla quiche for tomorrow's dinner :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 SAexpat

Is it just me or do snackajax (sour cream and chive) taste like CARDBOARD!!
    Had a pitta for lunch with tomato lettuce and cheese and added a few as my daughter was having ordinary crisps in hers and I was being good LOL!
    They are tasteless!!! My daughter tried one and said they remind her of polystyrene..
    I now have a bag of them to add to the bag of velvet crunch that are not much better.... any suggestions for nice and tasty crisps please!!

what is nice is the Lidl wheat crisp bread. I think it was Lady Lainy who asked about cracker bread. They are a decent size and work out to 1pp per biscuit (10pp per 100 gram) 2 or 3 of them with low fat soft cheese (aldi or Lidl) a drop of sweet chilli sauce and even a little bit of gherkin -lovely tasty low point snack

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Hi,
    I have always had morning WIs (pre-brekkie, in leggins and a tee) but I've had to swap to an evening class from today on (post lunch and coffees -in jeans and a proper top). I'm kinda thinking in terms of weight between the clothes and the time difference, I'll probably take about a two to three pound hit would that be about average so I dont have heart failure when I step on the scales?

I weighed in in an early morning class last week and went back to my usual evening class this week, was up 3lbs, but wasnt really up if you know what I mean?! You weigh 2-3lbs lighter in the morning! So don't have a heart attack when you step on the scales!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cailindana

SAexpat wrote: »
    Is it just me or do snackajax (sour cream and chive) taste like CARDBOARD!!
    Had a pitta for lunch with tomato lettuce and cheese and added a few as my daughter was having ordinary crisps in hers and I was being good LOL!
    They are tasteless!!! My daughter tried one and said they remind her of polystyrene..
    I now have a bag of them to add to the bag of velvet crunch that are not much better.... any suggestions for nice and tasty crisps please!!

what is nice is the Lidl wheat crisp bread. I think it was Lady Lainy who asked about cracker bread. They are a decent size and work out to 1pp per biscuit (10pp per 100 gram) 2 or 3 of them with low fat soft cheese (aldi or Lidl) a drop of sweet chilli sauce and even a little bit of gherkin -lovely tasty low point snack
    tayto snax are my fave!! only 2pp a packet and it feels like your eating 'proper' crisps!!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Down 3lbs :D

Makes the effort during the week worth it, hopefully can keep it up this week too. Going to do the shopping tommorow and stock up on point friendly food and do some cooking for the week.

Can anyone recommend a pizza thats low in points?.. Maybe they don't exist :o

Cous Cous was success! It was LOVELY! I did the whole sachet....cos i was only having chicken and salad for dinner

Cous Cous 10pp
    Chicken Breast 4pp
    Salad 0pp

Dinner 14pp :D

I did drown it in dressing....but i'm not point dressing! Might be a huge crime...but with 49 weeklies + 20 Activity points...i think I can afford a bit of salad dressing! If a nice dressing is what it takes for me to eat a MASSIVE plate of 0pp salad....its worth it!

Now for something sweet!

Banoffee Hot Chocolate from Options :) 16g dry is 2pp! YUUUUUUM

So glad I tried cous cous!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

evening all.....feeling very bleh today.....could only do 20 mins on the treadmill and I feel all bloated and yuck so I think TOTM is on the way......which doesn't bode well for weigh in......and I have been sooooo good this week will cry if I am up!!!!:(:(:(

on the plus side I am gonna put couscous and tortillas on the shopping list as the quiche thing sound yummy and you all have given so many recipes for couscous me gonna give it a go......I figure if I start planning for next week now, even if the scales are rubbish tomorrow I will have my bits planned and wont fall off the wagon!!!!

flamelily wrote: »
    evening all.....feeling very bleh today.....could only do 20 mins on the treadmill and I feel all bloated and yuck so I think TOTM is on the way......which doesn't bode well for weigh in......and I have been sooooo good this week will cry if I am up!!!!:(:(:(

on the plus side I am gonna put couscous and tortillas on the shopping list as the quiche thing sound yummy and you all have given so many recipes for couscous me gonna give it a go......I figure if I start planning for next week now, even if the scales are rubbish tomorrow I will have my bits planned and wont fall off the wagon!!!!

i'm freaking stuffed...kinda uncomfortable....had NO idead cous cous could be so filling.....definately going to pack in a few packets when im camping in a few weeks! just add boiling water! i think we can russle up some boiling water

pics of quiche on my blog. link below!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

Hi all, down 4lbs this week, delighted because it wasn't a good week at all, had a christening, bbq, meal out and wasn't even tracking towards the end of the week. Think it may catch up with me next week though so going to get majorly back on track this week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

shazza_90 wrote: »
    thanks for the vote of confidence, ur so good,well pointed it all and it works out as my dailies and 20 of my weeklies but with no dinner so mite just ave small salad for 0points for dinner. I feel so sick after it that i dont even want to think of food really. It defo wasnt totm. Ya i said it to my leader this morning as i really wanted a loss this week with being so good and all she could think of was maybe im eating too much fruit, i dnt think i am as i have reduced it lately, well just going to have to wait until next week, and hope for the best, at least i dnt have any occassions this wkend so shouldnt need to dig into my wklies anymore, fingers crossed!maybe last wks exercise will catch up on me this wk, dont think im going to be that excessive though with the exercise as i have now come to the conclusion that it could be building muscle, all that spinning and aerobics. Sorry for the long rant but ive officially drawn the line and moving onwards and downwards!thanks for the support!
    I found that with exercise as well I lost 0.5 for two weeks running when I was walking every day regardles of how good food wise I was, I bet it will show this week for you, are you drinking enough water, I have a lovely pumpkin soup recipe if you want it it's yummy and so filling
    i'm freaking stuff
    ed...kinda uncomfortable....had NO idead cous cous could be so
    filling.....definately going to pack in a few packets when im camping in a few weeks! just add boiling water! i think we can russle up some boiling water

I love cous cous so do my kids so I only get a taste so filling as well, what tent are you staying in we went for the yurt they have cooking facilaties there and supply tea etc for when you arrive wish we were going sooner now lol to long to wait till the end of august

Sorry for typos on my phone

pics of quiche on my blog. link below!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Down 3lbs :D

Makes the effort during the week worth it, hopefully can keep it up this week too. Going to do the shopping tommorow and stock up on point friendly food and do some cooking for the week.

Can anyone recommend a pizza thats low in points?.. Maybe they don't exist :o

I know we don't like to endorse WW products, but their pepperoni pizza is lovely, I think. It is 13PP but you would need a side salad or something to be properly full up. It is quite spicy but very nice. They also do a chicken one for 12PP which I didnt think was great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

had wi this evening and was down 2.5lbs :D wasn't expecting that at all cos i have a cold since last week and haven't been able to exercise :eek: so im delighted with that. hoping to get back to exercise tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Havent been on in a few days but the losses are lookin good. I WI in the morning have had an okayish week not brilliant but should be okay was a bit stressed as My little one was being checked for Aspergers

...yay she does not have it, just some traits which can run in the family where Aspergers is present my son has it...am so happy for her as I see the struggle my older boy faces on a daily basis and to know she will not have to face them is brilliant........ though she is a a bit rigid and rule bound we are not to let her develop traits and she will be fine....sorry for the long off topic rant but am so happy for her.......:)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mollie57

aspie mum wrote: »
    Havent been on in a few days but the losses are lookin good. I WI in the morning have had an okayish week not brilliant but should be okay was a bit stressed as My little one was being checked for Aspergers

...yay she does not have it, just some traits which can run in the family where Aspergers is present my son has it...am so happy for her as I see the struggle my older boy faces on a daily basis and to know she will not have to face them is brilliant........ though she is a a bit rigid and rule bound we are not to let her develop traits and she will be fine....sorry for the long off topic rant but am so happy for her.......:)

Great news!!!! Did wonder about your name as my son now 25 has Aspergers too. Always knew he had a problem but diagnosis for it didnt exist when he was little so he was almost 18 before diagnosis - had been checked for almost everything else! Please feel free to pm if you want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tattoo86

Down 3lbs tonight, delighted as i walked 4-5 miles every day with the dog, hope to join the gym tomorrow as the walking is getting a bit monotonous.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 meabhaline

Tmeos wrote: »
    Hi all, down 4lbs this week, delighted because it wasn't a good week at all, had a christening, bbq, meal out and wasn't even tracking towards the end of the week. Think it may catch up with me next week though so going to get majorly back on track this week

well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

tattoo86 wrote: »
    Down 3lbs tonight, delighted as i walked 4-5 miles every day with the dog, hope to join the gym tomorrow as the walking is getting a bit monotonous.

Ya walking can be monotonous but if you vary your routes it's grand. I have about 5 different routes I take depending on time available and whether I'm working that day or not.

Monife how did the wedding dress shopping go hun?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

First WI tonight and I'm down 2.5lbs. Yay!

This sounds silly but I was secretly dissapointed. I kept telling myself all week that I'd be well chuffed with 2 but secretly hoping I was going to WI and she was going to say "your down 10 pounds nearly there!"......after my first week back.... Ha! Its a marathon not a race.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 gronja

Is it just me or are the activity points quite low on this new programme? Seems like a lot of effort for little gain. I suppose it encourages you to make sure that you stick to your daily/weekly propoints allowance and not just do more exercise so that you can eat more. Would like to hear your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tattoo86

I live right across from a forest that has a lot of trails but i have walked every bit of it the last 2 months, want to go to the gym as i like the rowing machines and they burn a lot of calories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

aspie mum wrote: »

Thats great news about your little girl,our first lad who is 4 has down syndrome and we just had another little lad, the relief when he got a clean bill of health was amazing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement