Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASOS

• 05-08-2010 9:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

How is everyone finding ASOS these days?

I've been using the site for the last few years but out of the orders I've bought in the last while I've ended up returning more than I've kept. I've found the items not to be as they appear on the site and of pretty crap quality. How has everyone else been finding them?:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

I go through phases of using ASOS, ive browsed a bit lately but nothing has interested me enough to buy it since early june.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

As a rule I tend not to buy Asos brand items because I've heard loads of complaints about the quality. So the rare time I do buy there its a brand I know and because the delivery is quite fast and very reasonable!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Have been very disappointed in the past by the quality - havent seen anything on there I like in the last few months although I only tend to check out the site at sale times.

I study the videos very carefully and can usually determine if something is going to make me look like a fatty hobbit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Majestic 12

As others have said their own brand stuff is very hit and miss so I don't bother with it anymore.

I do like some of the brands that they do but to be honest sometimes I think that there's too much choice on ASOS and I just give up unless I'm looking for something specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

i bought a few of their own brand string tops a few months ago, the quality is crap, they are see through, needless to say i wont be wearing them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Hi all,

Just wondering does anyone know who the delivery company is for asos in ireland? I ordered an express delivery,paid extra and all ,and it was meant to arrive on May 2nd. There is still no sign of it. I have been emailing asos every day and they have just been fobbing me off with automated responses and non committal replies of when they will get back to me.

What shall I do?I contacted An Post and they said they no longer deal with Asos

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

panda100 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wondering does anyone know who the delivery company is for asos in ireland? I ordered an express delivery,paid extra and all ,and it was meant to arrive on May 2nd. There is still no sign of it. I have been emailing asos every day and they have just been fobbing me off with automated responses and non committal replies of when they will get back to me.

DHL do their deliveries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Hi all,

You can track online once you go into your asos account. I used express delivery also and it took the same amount of time if I used standard post even after the bank holiday. They have gone down a bit alright, still addicted to their site tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

Thats a pity anpost have stopped delivering for them as it's DPD who deliver for them in North Dublin and the delivery drivers are right monkeys :mad:

No word from asos today again! I rang DHL and they said I needed a 10 numbered tracking numbered. I gave them my asos tracking number but that wasn't it.

Just on the asos website now. It says that my order was shipped on 29th April.It then says dpd two day service.Delivery status is 'awaiting receipt of parcel'.

I'm not sure what to do now?Shall I just cancel my order and get my money back? I wanted the outfit for an event tommorrow.Its too late now,so I think i just want my monies back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

DPD do the Asos deliveries.

I find DPD terribly unreliable anyway so I don't know if Asos are 100% to blame.

I used Asos all the time for my online shopping and I had a really bad experience with them. Ordered something, waited the usual length of time for it to be delivered and no sign. Went off with the tracking numbers etc. and it turned out DPD didn't bother attempting delivery (they do this quite often with our address) and instead contacted Asos looking for a contact number for me, Asos instead decided to insist on DPD returning the whole order and restocking it. All of this was carried out without me even being contacted once. I only found out through DPD, Asos didn't even have the courtesy to contact me and when I contacted them they basically said tough luck. I then made a complaint about it and they blocked my account without even responding to me. Great customer service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭anamara86

No word from asos today again! I rang DHL and they said I needed a 10 numbered tracking numbered. I gave them my asos tracking number but that wasn't it.

Just on the asos website now. It says that my order was shipped on 29th April.It then says dpd two day service.Delivery status is 'awaiting receipt of parcel'.

I'm not sure what to do now?Shall I just cancel my order and get my money back? I wanted the outfit for an event tommorrow.Its too late now,so I think i just want my monies back.

Same thing happened me, I was waiting so long for my stufff to arrive, I ended up just canceling the order. To be fair to ASOS, I was refunded my money nearly straight away.

DPD do the Asos deliveries.

I find DPD terribly unreliable anyway so I don't know if Asos are 100% to blame.

I used Asos all the time for my online shopping and I had a really bad experience with them. Ordered something, waited the usual length of time for it to be delivered and no sign. Went off with the tracking numbers etc. and it turned out DPD didn't bother attempting delivery (they do this quite often with our address) and instead contacted Asos looking for a contact number for me, Asos instead decided to insist on DPD returning the whole order and restocking it. All of this was carried out without me even being contacted once. I only found out through DPD, Asos didn't even have the courtesy to contact me and when I contacted them they basically said tough luck. I then made a complaint about it and they blocked my account without even responding to me. Great customer service.

Eeeek!!Am really worried now after reading this. I was expecting €160 worth of stuff!

Il ring DPD tommorow but I am not hopeful about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

DPD are the worst probably because they are the cheapest they now have the contract. Bought a few things in the sale and 2deliveries were expected I wasn't at home so they gave it into the neighbours but didn't leave a note to say they did, luckily I have a good neighbour and they dropped it in to me.

It was grand when anpost were delivering as at least they would leave a delivery attempt docket and i could collect it from the sorting office. I wish the drivers wouldn't bother the neighbours with my stuff as I'm always buying stuff online.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

As a rule I tend not to buy Asos brand items because I've heard loads of complaints about the quality. So the rare time I do buy there its a brand I know and because the delivery is quite fast and very reasonable!

I've stopped buying Asos own brand items as the quality is rubbish! Have always sent Asos own brand items back!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

If you have a twitter account send a tweet to them on that, they'll soon respond! They don't want all over twitter that their customer service is crap! I have done this before with asos when they've fobbed me off and within 48hrs my order was resent!

Just tried to write something up on their facebook and it doesn't seem to be appearing on their wall. I am enraged now as they are ignoring all my emails and now I cant writ on their facebook. I might join twitter so I can complain and get my money back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

That sounds like what they did to me. Their lack of customer service goes so far as them blocking my account, I mean I can't even sign into my account anymore because they just didn't want to deal with my complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I ordered from ASOS over the weekend. DPD delivered the package but I wasn't in. They rang me but I missed the call. I rang them and organised to collect it. They're open 7-7 so plenty of time to collect it. I bought an ASOS dress and even though the ASOS branded stuff isn't great what I got is very good quality. Obviously, from what has been posted here, when it goes wrong it can go badly wrong. It doesn't always go wrong though.

I ordered from ASOS over the weekend. DPD delivered the package but I wasn't in. They rang me but I missed the call. I rang them and organised to collect it. They're open 7-7 so plenty of time to collect it. I bought an ASOS dress and even though the ASOS branded stuff isn't great what I got is very good quality. Obviously, from what has been posted here, when it goes wrong it can go badly wrong. It doesn't always go wrong though.

Did DPD leave a delivery note for you when you weren't in?

My comment must have gone up on their facebook because I just go a reply from asos asking for my order number to try and resolve the issue. Yay,hopefully I will get my items now.They have refunded my €5 for the swift delivery,so thats one positive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Yeah, they did.

ASOS are using An post again for their deliverys in Ireland,yay!

Got an email today to say An Post would be delivering my order and I can track my package on the Anpost app!

They must have been getting a lot of complaints about the other delivery provider. Now I can get my deliverys direct to my Dublin address instead of having them sent to my parents in Limerick, yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

DPD deliver for ASOS when it's the express delivery. I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I am a bit worried now. Placed my first order with Asos. Hope the quality will be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭Shelga

Miaireland wrote: »
    I am a bit worried now. Placed my first order with Asos. Hope the quality will be ok.

I've always found the quality of the Asos own brand stuff grand tbh. If I do send something back it's because it doesn't suit me. Just recently I bought a lovely red Asos skirt and have had no problems! I wouldn't worry. :)

DPD deliver for ASOS when it's the express delivery. I think.

Oh thats good to know. I ordered my shoes normal delivery on Saturday 2nd. With the jubilee, and two days off in UK I wasn't expecting my order until next week at least, but they arrived promptly on Friday :)

I brought own brand ASOS shoes, and the quality is very good imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Is it free to return items if you dont want them? How long until you get refunded roughly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

I had to.pay for postage when I returned, not fun :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭ Karter Dazzling Beaver

Have to say I find their quality fine. I bought a few dresses recently and a lot of maternity stuff and it's all as good as you'd find in regular high street shops! I've been shopping with ASOS for about 9 years now and find them brill! Their shoe sizes used to be hit and miss but they seem to have sorted that out now with their own brand stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 ElleElleB

I've ordered from asos before but when I do I don't buy asos own brand stuff. The only asos brand item I ever bought was a dress that turned out to be awful. I take a size 10 and never ever a 12 if anything I sometimes take an 8 and the dress wouldn't even zip up it was super tight and it was also really short. The fabric was bad too and really thin, it felt worse than something I'd buy in Pennys but it cost about €50. Of course I returned it but I had to pay about €7 postage to do so which was annoying because a lot of other sites have free returns. I think asos is a big enough website that they should be able to offer free returns to their customers. I thought maybe I just got a bad buy but maybe it just goes to show that asos own brand stuff isn't great.

However I've been lucky to get some nice River Island and Lipsy stuff on asos on sale that was fantastic. I know River Island and Lipsy's quality so I felt happy buying them. So I tend to stick to other brands on asos rather than their own brand items.

Advertisement