Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Queen Margaret University of Edinburgh

• 02-10-2009 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

hi,

Thinking of applying to Queen Margaret University of Edinburgh next year to study dietetics, does anyone have and experience of the college? O r college life in Edinburgh in general?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

College life in edinburgh is brilliant.

Most students live in marchmont or bruntsfield. There is a huge number of students in edinburgh and loads to do.

The university you are talking about, Queen margaret university would not have the best reputation academically.

The university of edinburgh on the other hand ( Nothing to do with queen margaret Uni) was recently ranked as the 20th best uni in the world by the times newspaper. see www.ed.ac.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Sallywest

Yea I've heard thank, problem is the course im looking to do is only in Queen Margaret, Im going to visit the campus over halloween so I'l see then,

Thanks for post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 wittsend90

I went to view Queen Margaret Uni campus last year. It's fab, brand new! The staff were so helpful and there seemed to be a great atmosphere about the place. I wouldn't really worry about reputations of the place to be honest, and I am pretty sure that the Uni offers a good standard of a degree just as good as you get in Ireland if not better!

It's biggest drawback is that it is way out of Edinburgh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 rodstewy

Hey sorry cant answer your quesiton, kind of in the same boat as yourself, thinking of applying too - as far as I know I'm eligible if I get a 2.1 in my biochem degree but what i want to ask you is work experiance required before you apply?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Applied for two courses at Queen Margarets , was just wondering, what is the story with fees? I heard something about Scotland being fee-free, or defered or something?

Advertisement