Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banking 365

• 08-11-2006 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

My sister has been offered a position with Bank of Ireland as a Customer Service Rep with Banking 365 in their call centre.
    Anybody here work in a similar role or know anyone who works there?
    Whats it like?
    I think in a role like this there could be periods of time which are very quiet and boring...
    The pay isn't great i think but she's only starting off so may be as well off to accept it for the experience.
    Any info appereciated!!! thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

What are your sisters qualifications ? Whether she will be happy there or not is tough when you don't say what her background is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

she has an arts degree from college. Hasn't worked in any full time job yet as she only finished in june.

i'd imagine there would be a lot of shift work in this job

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Would she not do something relevant to the subjects that she did for her degree? Or did she just do an arts degree for the sake of going to college.

Any call centre is brain melting work, and depending on the place it can be tough to get promoted into a decent position - some call centres have high turnover and fast promotions, others tend to attract stalwarts who would stay in the same position for 20 years, but eat up most of the promotion opportunities anyway.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Bank call centres generally don't tend to be as bad as others. There may be quiet times, but banking is one sector that normally gets a fair bit of use. I would imagine there will be shifts considering the nature of that business

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Worked there a couple of years ago during the summer. It's an ok place, bank of ireland look after you and do on. So if you sister is incapable of getting anything else then I guess its better then nothing.

Wait, I worked on the crowd that coverred the phone if you rang a branch. Either case the above still stands. Does she know what she wants to do? Did she get a 2.1 or above? Even a 2.2 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

she's got a 2:2

I personally don't think that she would like the job. In a way its just a case of getting something on the CV that would help show a bit of experience when applying for other positions.

I'd say her plan would be to do a post grad but in what area i don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

aster99 wrote:
    she's got a 2:2

I personally don't think that she would like the job. In a way its just a case of getting something on the CV that would help show a bit of experience when applying for other positions.

I'd say her plan would be to do a post grad but in what area i don't know

If she wants to get work experience and is looking at banks perhaps try the IFSC. Citigroup do their back office operations there which doesnt require anything particuarly taxing. Merryl lynch also do the same sort of work in sandyford I think.

They should pay decent, its a even bigger name on the CV (at least in terms of banks) and its slightly above call center type work.

Advertisement