Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

game development courses

• 20-10-2011 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

hi all

After drifting through life the last couple of years I have finally decided exactly what it is I want to do. I want to go into the gaming industry/ software developmet. Over the last couple of weeks I have been looking at courses starting in the 2012/2013 academic year. I can do a full time course but it would be better for me to do a part time course as i can continue to work to pay for all the things I need in life.

There are courses in most of the colleges and universities in the country, i'm just not sure which one is the right one, I am in Dublin by the way. Is one better then the other or are they all pretty much the same .

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

PC Pro has someone in it this month, talking about the game industry, David Braben I think, and they they prefer people from a regular computer science degree thats heavy in maths. They didn't rate game development courses that highly in general. The exception being one in Scotland somewhere. Couldn't find it the online edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dclewis

BostonB wrote: »
    PC Pro has someone in it this month, talking about the game industry, David Braben I think, and they they prefer people from a regular computer science degree thats heavy in maths. They didn't rate game development courses that highly in general. The exception being one in Scotland somewhere. Couldn't find it the online edition.

Thanks for the reply. Most of the courses that I was looking at were computer science degrees. Griffith college Dublin and national college Ireland do both full time and part time ones. And there reasonably priced to.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

Advertisement