Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycle clothing

• 24-04-2015 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at getting some gear for the summer cycling, and since I'm new to it, can someone recommend me a good baselayer? I've no idea what to look for

Also, is it true that you should get jerseys that are a size bigger than you would normally get? So if I'm usually large, I'd need an XL cycle jersey?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

go by the sizing chart provided by the manufacturers. It varies from
    Company to company. I have M L and XL clothing although the XL clothing is a littleon the large size but the L in sane was too small but I'm generally a large and the biggest majority of my jerseys and Bib shorts are size L.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

I tend to be warmer than most but my summer base layer is bib shorts.

Regarding the sizing of jerseys, continental brands will tend to be smaller than local brands, so if you wear a L Tshirt you will likely need XL jersey. Most manufacturers have a size guide, so you'll need the measuring tape to check...

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭dermabrasion

I'm looking at getting some gear for the summer cycling, and since I'm new to it, can someone recommend me a good baselayer? I've no idea what to look for

Also, is it true that you should get jerseys that are a size bigger than you would normally get? So if I'm usually large, I'd need an XL cycle jersey?

Summer base-layers tend to be mesh which 'wicks' sweat off your skin. Not sure how many days in Ireland these really matter, but I found Craft fairly good for base layers. they fit generally to size.
    There are huge choices for other gear. Having a press full of random crap i picked up over the years at sportives and so on, I now buy (infrequently) Castelli: Because in my heap of random crap, it is the gear that holds its colour, form and durability. It is as good as the super-expensive stuff, but there are definitely cheaper alternatives. Castelli fits at least one size smaller.

Advertisement