Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Restoring a laptop

• 28-07-2015 8:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭ Mack Proud Slowpoke

Hi lads. I want too reset a laptop too factory settings, how easy or hard is this? It's a windows 7 laptop is it just a matter of clicking a button somewhere on it? If anyone could post a guide on how too do it if be grateful. I've already backed all folders I will want again too a drive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Hi lads. I want too reset a laptop too factory settings, how easy or hard is this? It's a windows 7 laptop is it just a matter of clicking a button somewhere on it? If anyone could post a guide on how too do it if be grateful. I've already backed all folders I will want again too a drive.

If depends of the laptop I think. Some manifacturers supply a recovery disc or actual windows discs. On others you may have to create recovery media from a specific partition on the laptop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭ Mack Proud Slowpoke

It's not like the latest phones where as you just click a certain button and it wipes it's self and restarts from fresh?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    It's not like the latest phones where as you just click a certain button and it wipes it's self and restarts from fresh?

Not really. If it was that straightforward there would be a lot of people with lost data. What laptop have you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭ Mack Proud Slowpoke

Toshiba Satellitte running windows 7

This should work for Toshibas

Warning: All data on the hard drive will be erased. Back up any important data before proceeding. Make sure the computer is connected to a power supply and do not switch it off or restart during the process.
    1) Hold down the power button for ten seconds to switch off your machine Please note: Holding down the power button on the machine forces it to switch off. Any unsaved data will be lost.
    2) Press and hold the zero key and at the same time, tap the power button once to switch on your notebook 3) When the machine starts beeping, release the zero key
    4) When prompted by the warning screen, select Yes to continue with the system recovery
    5) Select Recovery of Factory Default Software and click Next
    6) Select Recover to out-of-box state and Click Next again
    7) Click Next to Start the recovery

• Advertisement
Advertisement