Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Friendlies Thread

• 07-03-2012 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭

With all the requests for friendly going on in the megathread, thought it might be a good idea to set this up. Post here if you are looking for someone to play a game with outside of the franchise fixtures. This might also be handy for potential new members to play some of the old heads :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Noodles121

Any chance of getting some PS3 friendles/league. I know most of the people here are Xbox users, but I can't really justify buying an Xbox just to play online....

Anyone interested?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Noodles121 wrote: »
    Any chance of getting some PS3 friendles/league. I know most of the people here are Xbox users, but I can't really justify buying an Xbox just to play online....

Anyone interested?

I'll sticky a PS3 league request at the top...

Thanks Helimachopter. we could have a playoff between the winner of the Xbox league and the PS3 league. A console Super Bowl if you will. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I beat you enough as it is.. on any console!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Lads, where's the cheapest place to get Madden 12 for the PS3? If I can get it for 15 quid I'll set it up, win it too to be ultimate champion!!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Anyone for a friendly in a few minutes?

Lukebray wrote: »
    Anyone for a friendly in a few minutes?

Yep. Just playing an offline game. Add me: Ben SFC

SantryRed wrote: »
    Yep. Just playing an offline game. Add me: Ben SFC

My brother just snuck in from school and is now playing mass effect :/ i'll add you later anyway

Anyone want a game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

On Ps3? I'll be online after work at about 17:00ish Irish time

PSN: Vitamin_Kill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Anyone up for a game in the next 10 minutes ? Ive time for a game?

you can pick up madden 11 for a tenner on amazon.

PSN: i_give_up_really

oh, and helimachoptor... I think we both know that's not true..

oh, and helimachoptor... I think we both know that's not true..

I dont think you've beaten me this year..

dude, i hammered you with your own team

or was that last year...

or was that last year...

Last year...

I'll be round for XBL friendlies this evening..probably not until after 10 though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

anyone free now? My JumboPair offensive needs works

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

anyone on for a game starting in the next 20min or so, send me a game invite (Sundalic)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Cheers for the game Mike. Very odd looking at the stats after that and at how few times I ran the ball, not at all how I play during league games. Nice to be a able to air it out like that and not just when I'm trying to come from behind and short on time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Curse my lack of discipline

Packers back in inside their red zone, four points down and needing a TD to win. Fourth quarter, inside the two minute warning, pressure on

Ravens go all out blitz for the crushing sack and left nobody over the middle to cover :rolleyes:
    Burned :o

You have a good play there over the middle exposing the linebackers, the TE just beats them to the ball. Ray Lewis had a right rough time out there in coverage.

However when you went up against a CB it didn't work, Jimmy Smith with two picks

Yep, good game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Raoul

Anyone on for a game right now?

Raoul wrote: »
    Anyone on for a game right now?

I'll be on for a game at about 11 if you're interested?

Also, on a separate note, tried adding Ben SFC for a friendly today, you're friends list is full apparently

Eamonn87 is my gamertag. 11 might be too late. Add me as soon as you can get on and I will see :)

Just a reminder people should join the boards community, simply called boards and we should play the games from there. That way all win and loss ratios will be recorded.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Just a reminder people should join the boards community, simply called boards and we should play the games from there. That way all win and loss ratios will be recorded.

What's the password for that, Raoul? I think I tried to join it before and it asked me for a password.

Good question. I didn't set it up.

Try bfl2012 or just boards or boardsie.

No idea what else it could be :(

IS this adding the boards gamertag as a friend thing?

Good question. I didn't set it up.

Try bfl2012 or just boards or boardsie.

No idea what else it could be :(

None of those worked :( Somebody must know, apparently there are 14 members...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Here you go, form the Madden megathread
    Hope you don't mind (as the new guy round here) but I've set up a XBox360 Community (unrelated to the online Franchise) for the Boards.ie folks. Join in! (Even though I want to hurt my Xbox after a FIVE pick outing)

Community Name : Boards ie (that's a space where a dot would usually be)
    Abbreviation : BIE
    Password : 33668312

Advertisement