Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

You should never eat a batter burger found in a car, in fact never eat a found batter burger, actually best off to just not eat batter burgers.:D

I on the other hand always say, better to have found a batter burger and partaken of its heavenly pleasures, than to have eaten ketchup sandwiches.

(OwaynOTT 2012)

Rousseau says it far better than I

'Man is born free, and everywhere he is eating batter burgers. One man thinks himself above the batter burger, but he remains a slave to healthy eating.'

(Rousseau 1762)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I on the other hand always say, better to have found a batter burger and partaken of its heavenly pleasures, than to have eaten ketchup sandwiches.

(OwaynOTT 2012)

Rousseau says it far better than I

'Man is born free, and everywhere he is eating batter burgers. One man thinks himself above the batter burger, but he remains a slave to healthy eating.'

(Rousseau 1762)

It took me many years to get over my crippling bater burger addiction, I'm just trying to help people not make the same mistake I did.

It took me many years to get over my crippling bater burger addiction, I'm just trying to help people not make the same mistake I did.

BBA?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

This ones for Pyongy.
    It comes with the letter of success and that's fairly rare to get(took me a while to find one a couple of years back)

$(KGrHqR,!pIE8VbQtv7QBPWWYyG(d!~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqN,!jUE9IG(gYRHBPWWYycG(g~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!r!E88gTmfgRBPWWYzyP(Q~~60_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170831154471&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:IE:1123

• Registered Users Posts: 34,426 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You posted that at 19:48 and still no reply from Pyong?

Better call an ambulance?

Arnie's shirt finally made it out to the house. It really is huge. Goes well with the gold wallpaper. (Yes yes, I know, I have gold wallpaper :pac:)

SDC10966.jpg

DSC_0660-1.jpg

SDC10962.jpg

This is pretty cool, signed by Eddie Furlong. Also have Joe Morton's (Myles Dyson) and Earl Boen's (Dr. Silberman) autograph cards in the frame. Have to do something proper with them. Also have a few other sigs to find a place for.

SDC10960.jpg

• Advertisement

I'd say that shirt cost you mad money dude.
    I've picked up a few bits of movie memorabilia and old posters over the years and prices can be crazy, as in cost of a new car/house/girlfriend crazy. It's not something I think I'd ever get into in a big way as to get all the stuff I'd like would ruin me and I'd be on the streets.
    I did get an original certified Star Wars poster a good few years ago. That was probably the most expensive movie thing I've got but that wasnt even that bad. I'd say that shirt was a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Steve SI wrote: »
    I did get an original certified Star Wars poster a good few years ago.

What VGA rating did this poster have? :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

@o1s1n: As cool as the framed poster and t-shirt are, I can't stop looking at that damn gold wallpaper, it's awesome! A pantry and gold wallpaper - Celtic Tiger Safari still rockin over your way. :pac: :p

Master of the Universe

I'd say that shirt cost you mad money dude.
    I've picked up a few bits of movie memorabilia and old posters over the years and prices can be crazy, as in cost of a new car/house/girlfriend crazy. It's not something I think I'd ever get into in a big way as to get all the stuff I'd like would ruin me and I'd be on the streets.
    I did get an original certified Star Wars poster a good few years ago. That was probably the most expensive movie thing I've got but that wasnt even that bad. I'd say that shirt was a lot more.

It was pretty expensive alright. I think I got it for a good price when compared to other items I've seen from Terminator 2 though.

You're right though, expense wise, it's not the kind of thing you want to get into. Really makes this whole videogame collecting thing feel like a cheap man's game :D

I'd love to see that Star Wars poster, have you got it framed and up on the wall?
    Andrew76 wrote: »
    @o1s1n: As cool as the framed poster and t-shirt are, I can't stop looking at that damn gold wallpaper, it's awesome! A pantry and gold wallpaper - Celtic Tiger Safari still rockin over your way. :pac: :p

Haha! A pantry and gold wallpaper, what more does a man need?

I absolutely love that wallpaper. Apparantly it was put up back in the 60s and was super expensive at the time. My girlfriend hates it. It's never coming down though, never!!!

Vectrex game lot here 1 day left, 12 games without boxes, but with carts, overlays and manuals:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/VECTREX-HUGE-GAME-LOT-Overlays-Instruction-Booklets-Cartridges-SHIP-WORLDWIDE-/160786792112?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256fa3beb0

$(KGrHqRHJEcE913!4EvIBPkjRBdhng~~60_12.JPG

$102 dollars, no bids, $144 Buy it now.

International shipping says $24 but I reckon it might be more than that so message the seller first.

It also comes with a spike overlay and instruction manual but without the cart.

Berzerk is the only game without the instruction manual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

o1s1n wrote: »
    Arnie's shirt finally made it out to the house. It really is huge. Goes well with the gold wallpaper. (Yes yes, I know, I have gold wallpaper :pac:)

SDC10966.jpg

I'm sure you're aware of the 70mm showing of T2 in IFI http://www.ifi.ie/2012/04/bang-for-your-buck-action-movies-101/

:pac: Gonna grab some tickets for a few movies in the morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Darius Alpha. One day, I will hold you in my arms... :(

P.s That gold wallpaper is incredible. Between that and a pantry let me guess, you have a money vault to swim in too? :D

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Darius Alpha. One day, I will hold you in my arms... :(

P.s That gold wallpaper is incredible. Between that and a pantry let me guess, you have a money vault to swim in too? :D

If you do decide to get a copy one day try and get one with that letter if you can. As you can imagine the letter is nearly a collectors item in itself.

Also, yes that wallpaper is damn special and I've not seen the likes of it since a trip to the seedy side(as if there's any other side) of Thailand :)

Master of the Universe

To be honest, it feels a bit wrong to be using that gold lined room as a games room. I feel a like a member of the cast of the Beverly Hillbillies.

Just wait till I get a cab in there. I wonder how the gold wallpaper will interact with the gleaming white of a candy cabinet.

Burned out retinas I think. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

This ones for Pyongy.
    It comes with the letter of success and that's fairly rare to get(took me a while to find one a couple of years back)
    $(KGrHqN,!jUE9IG(gYRHBPWWYycG(g~~60_12.JPG

What is the letter of success?

safetyboy wrote: »
    What is the letter of success?

Darius Alpha was never sold in shops. You had to buy the Hu Card and CD version of Darius Plus to enter into a draw to win one of 800 (or there abouts) copies of the game.
    The letter of success is just that, a letter of success in the competition.

GoG are doing a 50% sale on 6 EA "Guns and Spells" games this weekend only.

The're going for $3 each, or $17.94 for the pack of the six games.

http://www.gog.com/promo/ea_guns_and_spells?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=game_subject&utm_campaign=ea_guns_and_spells

Selected Games:

Syndicate™
    Nox™
    Magic Carpet™
    Lands of Lore™ 1+2
    Crusader: No Regret™
    Crusader: No Remorse™

The Crusader games are pretty cool looking and got very high ratings on the site, haven't heard of them myself before:

They look fun, and plenty of interactivity.

Like little big adventure except you shoot the sh1te out of people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Hmm, that bloke has been trying to flog Darius Alpha since June last year. I sense a deal to be done...?

What's the current Akib price for it, minus success letter? €900?

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Hmm, that bloke has been trying to flog Darius Alpha since June last year. I sense a deal to be done...?

What's the current Akib price for it, minus success letter? €900?

You might see one for around 85,000 yen(about 800 euro) if you're lucky but its condition might not be near mint. I have friends and work acquaintances over there and they do keep an eye out for stuff for me. Some of them are lucky enough to go shopping in Akihabara every day, gits :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

According to Famicomblog Akihabara is not the place to go for bargain. They are all really savvy in there. The place to go are the smaller shops that aren't as well know. Sean who runs the blog picked up a boxed Mr. Gimmick for about 400 yen and a boxed almost new Virtual Boy for 100 yen in a local store recently. Of course when you are Steve SI then you don't really care about money:

54245ec01323f47i3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I love how Steve's persona here has now become officially linked to Ted DBiase :D

I take full credit too.

Step right up step right up, we've got millionaires, we've got pantries, & we've even got a mountain lodge. Come one come all, welcome...to Arcade & Retro :cool:

And a vectrex that can be heard all around Munster.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    According to Famicomblog Akihabara is not the place to go for bargain. They are all really savvy in there. The place to go are the smaller shops that aren't as well know. Sean who runs the blog picked up a boxed Mr. Gimmick for about 400 yen and a boxed almost new Virtual Boy for 100 yen in a local store recently. Of course when you are Steve SI then you don't really care about money:
    no-money.jpg

While that's true for standard items like the ones you mentioned, if you want rarities you might be better off going to the main areas of akiba.
    Then again, you might be lucky in other spots as well. Retro shopping in Japan is not limited to Akiba and the surrounding areas, but its a damn good spot to start and the one most people know about.
    EnterNow wrote: »
    I love how Steve's persona here has now become officially linked to Ted DBiase :D

I take full credit too.

Step right up step right up, we've got millionaires, we've got pantries, & we've even got a mountain lodge. Come one come all, welcome...to Arcade & Retro :cool:

I had to look up who Ted DBiase was :( In fairness I don't spend as much as it might seem on stuff.
    I'm really glad I have a rule of not sticking the more pricey "Gets" on the "Post here...." thread(not all them anyway).

I had to look up who Ted DBiase was :( In fairness I don't spend as much as it might seem on stuff.
    I'm really glad I have a rule of not sticking the more pricey "Gets" on the "Post here...." thread(not all them anyway).

Sparing us from dying with envy no doubt :D

Can't believe you didn't know who the Million Dollar Man was! :eek:

EnterNow wrote: »
    Sparing us from dying with envy no doubt :D

Can't believe you didn't know who the Million Dollar Man was! :eek:

To mainstream dude :p
    hipsters.jpg

To mainstream dude :p

The Million Dollar Man is NOT mainstream, the fact you had to google him meant he is exonerated from hipster criticism :D

To tell you the truth, I f**king hate wrestling & know nothing about it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

For those chomping at the bit to not only follow in Retr0s footsteps but trounce him as well, here's the mother of all CDi consoles!
    http://www.adverts.ie/515501

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Hey guy, need some advice here. Was looking at this mega drive on ebay,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-BOXED-SEGA-GENESIS-MEGA-DRIVE-2-CONSOLE-/180860911271?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item2a1c267ea7

Can anyone confirm its genuine and not a clone and does anyone recommend it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Looks the real deal but there is no way really to tell, look at the sellers feedback and checkout if he has been called out for selling dodgy consoles or games before.
    Also, be aware that, aside from the pretty colours on the casing, this is an Asian PAL machine, and will offer not much over and above a regular euro machine, as far as I know.
    There maybe some benefit I can't see.

Also, £55 is pretty good for a boxed MD in that condition, assuming everything is cool, but with shipping included?
    Is that by sea, air?
    Ask the seller a couple of questions.

I would say, in the main, if something is too good to be true it often is, but good luck if you go through with the auction and let us know when it gets here!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement