Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare 250 2015

• 23-02-2015 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have seen a number of comments over the years regarding the Clare 250 and as they are looking for cyclists I thought I’d give it a mention. I have done the cycle a few times, have been lucky enough to nominate someone with cancer to travel to Lourdes with them and had the privilege of going on the trip as a volunteer one year.
    I do the cycle because I’ve seen family members face months, even years, with this disease and all that comes with it. I’ve watched them being pushed to their limit mentally and physically and they always found the courage and strength to face another day with hope and even a sense of humour at times. So I figured if they could do all that then I could manage taking on the Clare 250. The two days of the bike with the stay in Lissycasey is child’s play in comparison. And it is enjoyable to boot.
    There’s always a nice bunch taking part and every need is catered for. You never feel like you’re doing it on your own, you feel like you’re part of a team and if one bit gets tough there’s always someone to push you on or keep you company. It’s not easy but it is worthwhile from start to finish especially when you see and hear about the effect the trip to Lourdes has on the people that go.
    I don’t raise thousands but I do what I can and it all makes a difference. So if you ever thought of taking part make this the year you do. It is a unique and tough weekend but very enjoyable and rewarding. They have a new website and Facebook page so check it out.

Advertisement