Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Live at 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Karsini wrote: »
    The intro theme tune has finally made it on to YouTube. This one's from 1991. Never knew that Gay Byrne's other half was on RTE, hardly surprising is it?

Kathleen Watkins was the Continuity Announcer for RTE TV on their opening night. She was there first! Went on to do several Television shows for RTE.

https://www.rte.ie/tv50/essays/kathleenwatkins.html

I take that back, so! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

do you remember further back than that....

when it was good afternoon with thelma & derek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

It was just Thelma who presented Good Afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Ah Live at 3, when, every Monday a busload of pensioners from different towns would be brought up to Dublin to be in the audience.

One old chap from my home place got himself a new set of false teeth for the occasion!

I always loved Derek's voice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Karsini wrote: »
    I take that back, so! :)
    It's already been handed back to you on a plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

The young teenage Lord Lucan had a massive crush on Thelma Mansfield. That clip above brings back some memories!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,222 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Remember it's predecessor - "Going Strong" with Bunny Carr?

Anne O'Dwyer singing Jim Doherty on the piano

And a load of oul wans and oul lads singing along! And telling Bunny about

their feats on the GAA pitch and what they knitted.

Memories of being stuck inside because of rain in one telly, one channel times

But Granny loved it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,720 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

lord lucan wrote: »
    The young teenage Lord Lucan had a massive crush on Thelma Mansfield. That clip above brings back some memories!:o

I was more of a Bibi Baskin fancier back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Reminds me of the old joke.

Whats 100 feet long and smells of pee?
    The front row of Live at 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Another old joke:
    "Live at 3.....Dead at 4..."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

"Stop the lights, Bunny"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

I was on live at 3 in 1994, it wasnt all live, much to my shock. Met a few RTE "Stars" at the time. Mary Kennedy wasnt the warm person we have been made to believe!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭irs

murphym7 wrote: »
    I was on live at 3 in 1994, it wasnt all live, much to my shock. Met a few RTE "Stars" at the time. Mary Kennedy wasnt the warm person we have been made to believe!

I always thought she was too sweet on Nationwide.

Advertisement