Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Quiz Team

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Fishie wrote: »
    Ah no I’m only messing! :D There isn’t a penalty, just there is a prize for the best one. This gives us a chance to excel in a new area, now that we’ve won the quiz and best team name, though probably it’ll just be me and Shirley in our festive gear :o

I've been showing mine off to colleagues all day (I'm not wearing it yet, going to change at the pub).

Mary Fitzgerald would be proud of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Mary Fitzgerald would be proud of us!

Oh god, I'll be the one wearing sunglasses to protect my poor eyes...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Two jumper prizes, an overall win and some ginger-baiting - a very successful week! :D

Don't forget some well-deserved chicken :)
    See ye all in the New Year .o/

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Cursing the missed opportunity for hilarious Kim Jong-Il-related team names. Ah well!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

serrity wrote: »
    Cursing the missed opportunity for hilarious Kim Jong-Il-related team names. Ah well!

"Ronery? He is now!" :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Anyone quizzing tomorrow night?

Anyone quizzing tomorrow night?

We'll be there

I rang NLT earlier - it's not on tomorrow!

• Advertisement

They lied! I distinctly remember being told by the quizmaster at the last one that it would be back on the 9th. Treachery :eek:

1324760171_hey_man_thats_not_cool_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Ah fantastic. I'm back in London this week and was hoping to get my quiz hat on. Bugger

Rang them again today - quiz is definitely on tomorrow, see yous there!

Rang them again today - quiz is definitely on tomorrow, see yous there!

Wohoo! \o/

memes-business-cat-competition.jpg

Good stuff. I should see youse there then

Quiz tomorrow, anyone?

Yarp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

I took the liberty of checking and South Korea's population is double North Korea's. GRRR!

Need to look after one or two things but should hopefully make it

I'll be there too

Yarp

I was just about to reply with this then clicked on the next page and you beat me to it! :D

My inability to attend consecutive quizzes continues: some idiot scheduled a work call for 7:00 this evening :mad:

Reekwind wrote: »
    My inability to attend consecutive quizzes continues: some idiot scheduled a work call for 7:00 this evening :mad:

Ah, bring him (your phone) along. He might have some insights into the picture round...

Surely you're not going to suggest bringing a phone to a pub quiz? I am shocked at the very suggestion!

Reekwind wrote: »
    Surely you're not going to suggest bringing a phone to a pub quiz? I am shocked at the very suggestion!

Stick a pint in front of it...he's just another team member!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

We on for tonight?

For team name our template tonight is 'When I'm not getting this team's score wrong I'm...'

Yeah, I'll be heading soon enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭fluke

Hi guys,

I won't be heading to tonights quiz unfortunately but hopefully will be at the following week's Monday quiz.

All the best

Advertisement