Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What a bunch of tossers (bord na mona workers strike)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

...right, work there do we?

Tell you what, let ESB stop buying smoke in a bale in the morning, and let's see how things pan out, m'kay?

Working for BNM paid for my degree :)

smoke in a bale? The ESB dont buy peat briquettes off BNM! LOL

If the Energy division managed to somehow collapse in the morning, BNM would still turn over 260M + profits. Any one division going under will not bring down the company.

m'kay! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Dempsey wrote: »
    Working for BNM paid for my degree :)

Thought that...
    smoke in a bale? The ESB dont buy peat briquettes off BNM! LOL

ROFLCOPTAR! I know what milled peat is sunshine, it's the same bloody fuel.
    If the Energy division managed to somehow collapse in the morning, BNM would still turn over 260M + profits. Any one division going under will not bring down the company.

They made a shade over 15 million in profit last year, let's not be disingenuous. They've suckled at the teat of compulsory purchasing for many years...

Look, I have no problem with BnM, as semi states go, they are among the good guys, what I have a major problem with is workers of all shades making unrealistic demands, and fecking things up for the rest of us, in terms of both public image, and future negotiation.
    m'kay! :rolleyes:

Well, you've obviously won the argument now, seeing as you've dealt the rolleyes card.

Thought that...

ROFLCOPTAR! I know what milled peat is sunshine, it's the same bloody fuel.

They made a shade over 15 million in profit last year, let's not be disingenuous. They've suckled at the teat of compulsory purchasing for many years...

Look, I have no problem with BnM, as semi states go, they are among the good guys, what I have a major problem with is workers of all shades making unrealistic demands, and fecking things up for the rest of us, in terms of both public image, and future negotiation.

Well, you've obviously won the argument now, seeing as you've dealt the rolleyes card.

milled peat isnt smoke in a bale, its not baled. You were waffling.

As I said before, the company would not fold if the energy division collapsed. Again, you were waffling.

Profit margins are tight but they are pumping alot of money into R&D to move away from non-renewable energy. 20 years ago, the company would have probably been crippled without the peat burning powerstations but not today.

I didnt express an opinion on those 40 workers and the dispute, just wide sweeping nonsense that you've been spouting.

There isnt an argument as I'm stating facts and you are been sensationalist.

milled peat isnt smoke in a bale, its not baled. You were waffling.

It's flippin' peat! You've got to be trolling if you don't get that. It's practically the same as the sh1te you buy in a bale outside the supermarket.
    As I said before, the company would not fold if the energy division collapsed. Again, you were waffling.

Sh1te talk. If they weren't selling it to ESB, there wouldn't be a BnM, and we wouldn't be having this discussion. You admit as much below, so where's the waffle, chief?

Profit margins are tight but they are pumping alot of money into R&D to move away from non-renewable energy. 20 years ago, the company would have probably been crippled without the peat burning powerstations but not today.
    I didnt express an opinion on those 40 workers and the dispute, just wide sweeping nonsense that you've been spouting.

I never said you did! This is like trying to catch bubbles with a wire brush.

Now, this rubbish is sweeping nonsense...
    One of the lowest payed group of state workers in the country delivering almost free peat to one of the greediest monopolys in the country! ESB - in fairness I have never heard of them striking in the past.....BNM makes 300m profit a year.......

...which I responded to in the first place. You're the one who jumped in trumpeting the "all new" BnM, and its sustainable future, which is a bit like Shell and Topaz telling us at the pumps how "clean" their petrol and diesel is.
    There isnt an argument as I'm stating facts and you are been sensationalist.

I haven't been anywhere. Except popping back here now and then to stand over my views...

Sh1te talk. If they weren't selling it to ESB, there wouldn't be a BnM, and we wouldn't be having this discussion. You admit as much below, so where's the waffle, chief?

Again, thats a bull**** statement and I didnt admit to anything of the sort. Maybe its time you google what cripple means. You do realise that BNM was around long before the Rural Electrification Scheme and any peat burning power stations?

• Advertisement

Not really, BnM predated peat generation by literally two or three years, being set up as somewhat of a pre-emptive measure, and prompted by the Emergency and dependence on imported fuels. They got the idea from the Russians. Other midlands stations followed later, in the 50s.#

ESB was and is remains their largest "customer", if there wasn't a necessity to provide locally sourced energy back then, BnM wouldn't exist as it would neither have been economically viable nor necessary. Paddy would still be cutting turf on a macro level, albeit with more modern methods.

Next?

Not really, BnM predated peat generation by literally two or three years, being set up as somewhat of a pre-emptive measure, and prompted by the Emergency and dependence on imported fuels. They got the idea from the Russians. Other midlands stations followed later, in the 50s.#

ESB was and is remains their largest "customer", if there wasn't a necessity to provide locally sourced energy back then, BnM wouldn't exist as it would neither have been economically viable nor necessary. Paddy would still be cutting turf on a macro level, albeit with more modern methods.

Next?

You need to do more research, yes they were were setup for fuel generation (peat briquettes & turf) not energy generation (i.e. the ESB). The ESB were still planning and building several hydroelectric plants at the time. It was 13 years later that the ESB decided to build fossil fuel burning plants and they used BNM/peat to reduce dependence on imports.

If you want to believe that the energy division is propping up the company or that selling milled peat to the ESB is only commercially viable product that they have then off you go but you are wrong and that is a indisputable fact.

Advertisement