Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ooh! Ooh! I voted!

• 05-06-2009 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

For the first time :D

And what a crappy, anticlimatic experience it was. Wander in, a few auld fellas around the place, grab the paper, into the booth.

Used the age old and proven "eeny meeny miny mo"......"O, you look nice".... "You're smiling, you get no.1"...."why does this man not have a picture? Im not voting for him"...."blaaaah this is boring, I've never even heard of libertas but it sounds fun, theres no.2 for ya"...

Ah, teenage logic. It just wasn't as exciting and I'm-changing-the-worldish as expected :rolleyes: Blaaahhhh.

Did yez all vote?!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Not yet but i think im going to put a lot more thought into it that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I did. Sinn Féin all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Now go wash your hands everyone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I'll heading off to vote in a few minutes! :)
    It'll be my second time voting. My first time was the Lisbon Treaty last year. It is very anticlimactic alright. I was surprised that people have to use pencils - at the very least I expected to be given a pen!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

fair play. never got to vote, myself. :(

wasnt registered for the last one, had been in hospital, moving house, grieving, trying to stay out of hospital at the time. i remembered about 6pm the evening it was supposed to be in before 4pm.

my candidate lost by a few thousand votes though, so i felt less bad. been in nz since, pretty much, and dont think im allowed vote here till ive citizenship. which ill never get. meh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I wont get to vote till after work. Im gonna do my usual wander into the booth, close the curtains and start making sex noises

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

I wont get to vote till after work. Im gonna do my usual wander into the booth, close the curtains and start making sex noises
    Thats always fun... *backs out of the thread slowly*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Won't be old enough for over a year, but I imagine I'd put much more thought into it than OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I never thought I'd say this, but I just amn't bothered in the slightest.

My polling card is downstairs on the table. I may go at some stage, but I don't really have a preference, might just throw a vote at someone other than Mary Lou McDonald to weaken her chances of getting in again.

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    I never thought I'd say this, but I just amn't bothered in the slightest.

My polling card is downstairs on the table. I may go at some stage, but I don't really have a preference, might just throw a vote at someone other than Mary Lou McDonald to weaken her chances of getting in again.
    vote sinn fein, just for lulz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

yeah, was talking to my ma on the phone today, she was saying she might not vote for the first time ever. apparently they're all a shower of useless twats and the only one she ever sees actually *doing* anything for the community is an inflated arrogant prat who she refuses to give a vote to.

dustin the turkey ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Not yet but i think im going to put a lot more thought into it that.
    Pygmalion wrote: »
    Won't be old enough for over a year, but I imagine I'd put much more thought into it than OP.

If i actually cared more, so would I. Just my opinion that we wont be hearing any more about most of those voted in.
    If it was a general, or a referendum, I'd imagine I'd care alot more

Teutorix wrote: »
    Thats always fun... *backs out of the thread slowly*
    Yeah you better run!!!!!!
    *goes back into booth.................brings lube*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Used the age old and proven "eeny meeny miny mo"......"O, you look nice".... "You're smiling, you get no.1"...."why does this man not have a picture? Im not voting for him"...."blaaaah this is boring, I've never even heard of libertas but it sounds fun, theres no.2 for ya"...
    Michael Collins died for this?

Michael Collins died for this?
    No Michael Collins died because he was thick enough to drive trough west cork which was full of IRA men as im sure he knew well.

Still a great man though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

In fairness, it's probably representative of most people's selection process, she's just not being pretentious or deluded about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭yummy91

i didn't put much thought into it either, my first two top choices were thought of well enough but i did another 2 & 3 then randomly enough out of pity for the ones,, we've been getting that many bloody people campaingning at the house that you begin to feel sorry for them.
    Wasn't at all what I thought it'd be like though, big let down.. maybe it'll be better if your first choice actually ends up winning!:)

In fairness, it's probably representative of most people's selection process, she's just not being pretentious or deluded about it.
    Excuse me I care deply about each canditate and study every policy down to their diet*

*lies

No Michael Collins died because he was thick enough to drive trough west cork which was full of IRA men as im sure he knew well.

Still a great man though. :)
    They didn't shoot randomly; he was top of the Irregulars' list because he was most prominent public figure in support of the foundation of this country.

Not being pretentious about not knowing who you're voting for doesn't excuse not knowing who you're voting for.

• Advertisement

They didn't shoot randomly; he was top of the Irregulars' list because he was most prominent public figure in support of the foundation of this country.
    He would have know the irregulars were after him, he just didnt take enough precautions. He sliped up really, who knows what he could have done if he wasnt killed.

This is starting to get off topic. lets just end it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Wow ... I'm speechless at the childishness in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

We didn't have curtains. If we had I would've done this too :P
    vote sinn fein, just for lulz

That's incredibly stupid.

And yes, I voted. Responsibly.

That's incredibly stupid.

It was also a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Wow ... I'm speechless at the childishness in this thread

Ah I don't think people are really childish, this thread isn't meant to be serious poliical debate. It's just a lighthearted view about the voting process.

Voted about half an hour ago myself. Gave my first preferences (both European and local) to Sinn Fein, because I felt their candidates were the strongest in my area. I assure you all I didn't vote SF "for teh lulz" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

I'm gonna vote for JJ Power, his beard represents everything I want to achieve in life, my beard pales in comparison!
    388091226_f73642064c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I hate all you voters...I found out too late that I wasn't on the register!

I'll have to register before Lisbon 2

EDIT: Having read over this thread more thoroughly I'm embarrassed to be a teenager.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

For the first time :D

And what a crappy, anticlimatic experience it was. Wander in, a few auld fellas around the place, grab the paper, into the booth.

Ah, teenage logic. It just wasn't as exciting and I'm-changing-the-worldish as expected :rolleyes: Blaaahhhh.

Did yez all vote?!

O.M.G.
    Utterly shocking.
    It makes me shudder to think that anyone would be so irresponsible with how our country is run that they wouldn't make the effort to know who and what they are voting for.
    That they would be as blasé as the above with our future.
    Frightening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Voted today. Went for Labour 1 and Independent 2 in the locals and Fine Gael 1 and Labour 2 in the Euros. Although I gave a 3rd preference to Eoin Ryan just to keep Joe Higgins and Mary Lou out. I still feel all dirty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

Beruthiel wrote: »
    O.M.G.
    Utterly shocking.
    It makes me shudder to think that anyone would be so irresponsible with how our country is run that they wouldn't make the effort to know who and what they are voting for.
    That they would be as blasé as the above with our future.
    Frightening.

This quote comes to mind..

The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.
    -Winston Churchill

Advertisement