Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Court orders demolition of family home.

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Pdfile wrote: »
    but you'll never know this fact unless you bought one of these homes and its in-queue to be knocked down. :pac:

Or if the conveyancing solicitor you employed was anyways competent ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭mikerowsopht

ah sure, $crew the government n all that. If I spent hundreds of thousands on land or own my own land then I will build an airport on it if I want

If I were that couple I would build myself a motte around me land, let's see the diggers get past me river

• Registered Users Posts: 40 169

The house in Meath was prob built with cash as no Architect/Engineer would sign off on the mortage drawdown

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

ah sure, $crew the government n all that. If I spent hundreds of thousands on land or own my own land then I will build an airport on it if I want

If I were that couple I would build myself a motte around me land, let's see the diggers get past me river

Carry on, you should have absolutely no trouble at all with any of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GarH

Ah, but you would need planning permission for your moat :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

How'd you build a hill *around* your land?
    Or do you mean a moat? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

r

Cool, if I was your neighbour I could build a meat rendering plant, I think there is money to be made in that sector.
    It's planned to build a new plant in Tipperary but people are objecting

You wouldn't complain though, of course you wouldn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 sylvesterallein

"....If I spent hundreds of thousands on land or own my own land then I will build an airport on it if I want"

In fact, someone has built an airport near us in Wicklow without planning permission - and are persisting with it....should be interesting to see what happens here in the light of the Meath case....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

"....If I spent hundreds of thousands on land or own my own land then I will build an airport on it if I want"

In fact, someone has built an airport near us in Wicklow without planning permission - and are persisting with it....should be interesting to see what happens here in the light of the Meath case....

Its not interesting at all its rather simple to tell you what will happen.

After about 3 - 5 years of legal battles the "airport" will be shut, and any buildings demolished and perhaps legal actions against the owner for costs.

You cant ignore the laws of the land and regulations in such a manner.. you can challenge them, thats the right of every citizen of this free state.. but you cant be a bollox either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

snyper wrote: »
    Its not interesting at all its rather simple to tell you what will happen.

After about 3 - 5 years of legal battles the "airport" will be shut, and any buildings demolished and perhaps legal actions against the owner for costs.

You cant ignore the laws of the land and regulations in such a manner.. you can challenge them, thats the right of every citizen of this free state.. but you cant be a bollox either

Who is to say they wont be allowed to retain the airport?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

mickdw wrote: »
    Who is to say they wont be allowed to retain the airport?

In the event they followed normal procedure its unlikely they would get it, there is alot of things to get done to get through planning, particularly for something like this.. y going ahead and building it and ignoring the planning authority its not going to endear themselves for planning retention

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

They'd be in for a rough landing if it gets shot down in flames by An Bord Pleanála, after spending money and years on it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Do not resurrect ten year old threads please. There is a more current one on this in another forum.

Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement