Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson C905

• 27-03-2009 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hey i have the c905 pay as you go, cant seem to use the wifi without the phone using credit! any ideas on a fix? it has a meteor browser that dont wont and opera mini that is using the credit instead of the free'ness of my wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiifiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,039 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

When you do a wireless search, and connect to your wireless network you should be then able to start browsing once connected, it should not be defaulting back to the mobile network....

try here for set up..
    http://www.knowyourmobile.com/sonyericsson/sonyericssonc905/sonyericssonc905internet/168664/using_wifi_on_the_sony_ericsson_c905.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Dirtt_Diver

hey thanks for that site, i was on to that info already and my new problem still stands! when i try to enter the phones browsers {meteor} it says communication failure try again or contact. i'll try the meteor site from software or something, thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,039 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

when it say connection failure, can you go to options and go to new web address, will it go to a different site, you may not be able to access the meteor site as your using wifi and the meteor site is probably set as the default homepage...

sorry haven't a sony to hand.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Dirtt_Diver

no because its a phone message not a broswer one, as in a big screen appears and theres nothing you can do cept hit back.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I've got the 905 on prepay on 3 and the wi-fi works fine might be worth popping into Meteor might be something they are aware of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

The normal internet settings and the settings for java (ie the settings opera mini would use) are generally separate on Sony Ericssons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

I had this issue in the states where I had deleted my edge account to prevent any roaming charges but I couldn't connect to gmail app, opera or fring through wifi. If you open the options for each application it asks you how you want to connect. Wifi isn't down as an option.

Advertisement