Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Confusion about Poetry & Prós HL Irish

Options
  • 13-05-2012 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

so for both the poetry and prós questions 3 and 4 on paper 2 theres two questions given. One where you have to answer a question on one poem/prós (A) and another where you can answer the question on any of the poems or prós's you like (B). My teacher has told my class that we must answer Q.A but I don't understand why we can do B instead if it suits?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

QB is only for those who are repeating and those who have studied their own poetry and prós. Its title is Cúrsa Roghnach - Chosen/Selected course only if you haven't studied the set poems and set prose do you answer that question. Those questions are pretty general in that sense so people who are repeating don't have to change poems from last year etc.

If you answer Q B with one of the poems prose on the course eg Géibheann or Dís, you will get ZERO MARKS. There is no choice on the paper regarding prose and poetry if you are studying the regular ones. Do not do q B!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Does anyone know if we have to learn about the authors or the importance of the texts in Irish literature for the Prós? It says this the very back of Fiúntas but I've never heard it mentioned. I know that they can ask about the poets but this is new.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Hmm. Could people not just study ONE poem that isn't on the course and answer question b on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

finality wrote: »
    Hmm. Could people not just study ONE poem that isn't on the course and answer question b on that?

That's what I was thinking. Gonna look into this

finality wrote: »

NO! Don't sacrifice the 30 marks!

The questions, even though generalised, id specific in some ways.

The question could say

Déan cur síos ar an bpríomh-íomhá sa dán, cumtha le bean, a rinne tú staidear ar, le linn do tréimhse Ardteistemeireachta

Ok. Even though I made that question up, I have seen questions asked like that. Supposing you studied one poem, just say "Faoiléan" le Michael Davitt - You would not be able to answer your QB seeing as the question specifically asks for a poem written by a WOMAN

It's just as easy and a lot less risky to study the 5 poems on our course....

^please excuse any irish grammatical errors :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭KKBL

ChemHickey wrote: »
    NO! Don't sacrifice the 30 marks!

The questions, even though generalised, id specific in some ways.

The question could say

Déan cur síos ar an bpríomh-íomhá sa dán, cumtha le bean, a rinne tú staidear ar, le linn do tréimhse Ardteistemeireachta

Ok. Even though I made that question up, I have seen questions asked like that. Supposing you studied one poem, just say "Faoiléan" le Michael Davitt - You would not be able to answer your QB seeing as the question specifically asks for a poem written by a WOMAN

It's just as easy and a lot less risky to study the 5 poems on our course....

^please excuse any irish grammatical errors :P

but could you not use Géibhean for that question seeing as it was written by a woman (Cáitlín Muade)?

KKBL wrote: »
    but could you not use Géibhean for that question seeing as it was written by a woman (Cáitlín Muade)?

NO!!!

You're not allowed use ANY prose or poetry from the syllabus in the Cúrsa roghnach

If you do use Géibheann, Colscaradh, Mo ghrá-sa, An t-Earrach thiar, An spailpín fánach in the Cúrsa roghnach Poetry

YOU WILL GET NO MARKS!!!

If you do use Hurlamaboc, An gnáthrud, seal i neipeal, Dís, oisín i dtír na nÓig, Cáca Milis, An lasair choille in the Cúrsa roghnach Prose

YOU WILL GET NO MARKS!!!

Cúrsa roghnach is ONLY for those who are repeating and for those who don't want to study the set poems on the course. You cannot use them for Cúrsa roghnach!!!!

^^ well, you can ... but only if you want zero marks

Be warned!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭KKBL

ChemHickey wrote: »
    NO!!!

You're not allowed use ANY prose or poetry from the syllabus in the Cúrsa roghnach

If you do use Géibheann, Colscaradh, Mo ghrá-sa, An t-Earrach thiar, An spailpín fánach in the Cúrsa roghnach Poetry

YOU WILL GET NO MARKS!!!

If you do use Hurlamaboc, An gnáthrud, seal i neipeal, Dís, oisín i dtír na nÓig, Cáca Milis, An lasair choille in the Cúrsa roghnach Prose

YOU WILL GET NO MARKS!!!

Cúrsa roghnach is ONLY for those who are repeating and for those who don't want to study the set poems on the course. You cannot use them for Cúrsa roghnach!!!!

^^ well, you can ... but only if you want zero marks

Be warned!! :pac:

haha I won't! Thanks for the info.

Advertisement