Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Peg14's study log 2015

Options
  • 17-08-2014 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

So I'm Peg! and I'm starting a log so I can organise myself a little bit before I head back in a couple of days. (and ofc during the awful year)

Studying;
    English H
    Maths - H
    Irish - H
    German - H
    Biology - H
    Music. - H
    Art - H

Have no clue where I'm aiming at pointswise so just gonna try my best and keep on top of them all. Thinking of a languages degree, like German and Spanish. So will need 475 at least for a course I'm looking at. Kind of interested in architecture, tho not sure if it'll suit me.

Done nothin over the hols but guess that's only normal. Been practising a bit of Duolingo this week. Very addictive.. Also doing a bitta drawing here and there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

Woke up at 7.30 today, getting myself gradually back into it all. Did some maths work this morning from 10.15am to 12.00am. Revised a little of Algebra 2 - discriminants, substitution, some graphs, roots, solving eq. etc.. Still a good chunk yet to look over. Realised that I probably won't be looking over everything so made a new goal and that's to know all my algebra inside out before school starts. It might or might not make me somebit prepared for when we start complex numbers.

Also collected my art folder today. Got to get a quick bit of life drawing practise done I think. Done a few attempts at still life but its just so hard to motivate yourself when you know its not getting marked or judged :p i spent a good time drawing the stuff but nothings completed.

Also did Duolingo last night, keeping track of all new and forgotten words. I think I'm fairly certain now that foreign languages is definitely what I'm most interested in. Ended today with not much done except very tired muscles from the gym��

Practised some German
    Revised the technique for life drawing too, plan on drawing my mom and sis tomoz
    Also sorted out half my notes. Will finish the rest tomorrow.

I also think I know what I want to do now! And I'm going to need at least 540 to kind of be safe but 560 would be ideal really. No idea how I am going to achieve this...pressure is really on now. I brainstormed tonight on how I need to go about this and now I have finally realised how stressful this year is going to be. I am eager to study as soon as I go back but I am also worried about burning myself out.

If I need these marks, Irish is going to have to suffer. I think. I will work hard on my German oral but Irish might be a bit of a lazy job. Ah

Tomorrow; algebra, art

Yesterday I did an a3 drawing of a woman standing. Today I drew some woman sitting down (along with the couch) Instead of taking 15-30mins it took me 1.5hrs with NO shading - just the shape, clothes and all the creases. Happy with how they turned out though! Will take some time to quicken back up the speed.

Also learned some new German stuff. Was on duolingo, got so confused, took out the German grammar book we never use and ended up reading through the whole nom/akk/dat/gen cases which we haven't really started. Learned what kind of words would be fem,masc or neut. Will probably have forgotten all when I wake up

Tomoz I'm going to look at prepositions and maybe some adj. Will be buying some school stuff as well. Will draw some more, maybe use paint this time?

OK!! Haven't posted in ages. Back at school now basically a week and feeling all right I guess. Though being a sixth hasn't really still fully sank in.

Not sure about my study pattern tbh need to draw up some sort of table tomorrow. Got all my homework completed today which feels great because now I have the entire weekend to revise things from last year. Over the past few days, I drew myself up a spiderdiagram/mindmap thing for the scientific method, with basically everything about it all squashed into one a4 page. I've also written 4 pages of notes for algebra two. My main goal is to get two maths chpts done a month which seems very achievable, and also allows me more time for my other subjects.

Tomorrow: Learn a German picture story and role play.
    Make notes for a biology chapter.
    Revise Irish grammar
    Life drawing

Sunday: Learn another picture story and role play.
    Revise an art history topic/chapter and make good notes.
    Maybe look at a poet (frost or Montague) and make notes. Depends, all the learning might wreck my brain.
    Practising some maths Q may be a better plan

Always find time for extra maths during the week, but making English notes is so time consuming. My plan is to do a poet every month.

Monday-Friday

4.30-7pm is HOMEWORK
    8 - 10 is STUDY

Maths and biology need to be done every two days. In between then, I'll do everything else. So that's...art, German, English (excluding Irish and music until the weekends or whenever.)

Revised and learned the first two roleplays. My plan to also look at pic stories was a bit of a disaster seeing as I left all them notes in school. Oh well, another day.

Revised the main Irish grammar - firinscneach and baininsneach..adjectives, reamhfhocail, breischeim+ sarcheim,

And finally then, revised FOOD in bio.

Tomorrow I need to make the mindmap for food. Do maths work. Maybe Irish verbs OR phrases. German vocabulary too.

Monday - Robert Frost poetry
    Tuesday - Georgian art
    Wednesday - Roberta Frost Poetry
    Thursday - The Cell and microscope notes.
    Friday - nothing
    Saturday - idk yet

• Advertisement

OK I am really unrealistic about the work I get done :P
    Today I drew up my FOOD mindmap, so quite happy with that!
    That's all I did. I am cautious not to do too much, as there is another whole week ahead of me.

Learned Coriuilacht in Eirinn vocab
    Revised old German vocab - 20 mins
    Practised some Algebra Q.

Tomorrow I'll do maths revision straight after school, then go to piano, come home and finish HW by eightish.

Ahhh it worries me how much some people get done every week on this forum :P I am so flipping slow at it all.

Anyways, really didn't do much this weekend (well it does depend what you count as productive and not.)
    Friday night - did MOST of my HW. That's basically all the written stuff apart from some Eng which I need to get done now.

Yesterday I finished ALGEBRA 2 which feels so good really! I have to practice loads of more Q though, and write out the notes before I can move on again. I also revised some old German vocab and learned some German vocab. Started Human Nutrition for biology, will have the notes all done up by the end of the school week (along with learning it ofc.)

Today I bought the Sunday Times and read a good chunk of it, now my eyes are really sore and I am quite tired. I think shorter, regular reading would be more beneficial than good heaps of it all in the one go, once a week. ANyways, its a really good paper, easy to read, found lots of new good words and phrases and I wrote them down into a special copy. Also went to mass today, quite interesting if you actually listen. Learned some interesting things there I thought I never would have. :)

Over the next week, wrapping up the the bio and maths chpter is vital. Also need to start doing eng.poetry and art history but where will I ever get the time..................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

Peg14 wrote: »
    Today I bought the Sunday Times and read a good chunk of it

I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE! :D
    It's a great paper and if you can source The Guardian, The Times or Telegraph ( English papers) they're even better!!

I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE! :D
    It's a great paper and if you can source The Guardian, The Times or Telegraph ( English papers) they're even better!!

WOOOOOOOO
    Haha yeah it actually, my art teacher tells us to get it as it has an arts culture section that sometimes includes stuff on our course. Anyways thanks for that! I shall look into those :D

• Advertisement

English essay due and has been swallowing up all my time recently. Is it even worth pushing myself so much for probably a rubbish mark..

Anywho, have NOT done any extra revision, and I'm starting to develop the 'I don't care' kinda thing. Then I remember all the points I need!!

Today - did some maths q, better than nothing I guess.

Today I did nothing. My day off. And I actually don't care.

Yesterday: Started Complex Numbers notes, going good!! Nearly finished. Also learned 3 sraithphictiur.

Tomorrow I am revising either a biology chpter and Art history, or a biology chapter and English or either Art and English.....

Today I listened to Mozart first movement (we've only just started it so, thought I'd revise it a good few times.) I also revised the three Irish S.pictiurs I half-learned early on this week, Irish grammar and all the tenses. I tried Tagesschau, and listened/watched some Video aboUT Ebola in Sierre Leone, and learned off the the vocab I didn't know (which was A LOT)

Finished something I NEED to hand in for art tomorrow, so that took a good few hours. Yesterday night, I did some life drawing; half an hour at tops

Today I did:

Art History - The Stone Age (yawn)
    Biology - Notes on the microscope (including 2 really fancy microscope diagrams.......)
    German - Just revised all the roleplays so far

Today was like so difficult to motivate myself, every time I'm studying I always doze off

Did some Bio - cell division. Definitely feeling progress:)

Tomorrow I just plan on studying Stats for test on WED

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DamienWalshe

Tomorrow I plan on revising supply in Economics

Wrong thread?? ^ :P

Today I did my study on statistics

I am ssi confused on stats oh Jesus. Thought I knew it all, checked myanswers, all wrong!! U am going to fail this test tomorrow no doubt.

Revised 2 SP, translated 4 Irish texts, put the good phrases and relevant vocab into my hardback. Now I have all the info to my piece my essay together tomorrow night. Had a lot of bio hw so really didn't get much done.But there's the whole midterm for revision so idc

Done a good bit since Friday (excluding sat)

Did an Irish Essay - 3 pages
    German Oral Questions
    LOADS of maths exam questions
    started writing up notes on Stats
    some german vocab
    some Mozart revision

I am going to revise Bio later, maybe Osmosis/Enzymes
    Right now, going to doing some practical artwork!!! :D

I really need to do a plan for the rest of the work! Definitely need to get
    The Circle started
    finish Stats notes
    finish German Oral Questions
    Do 2/3 bio chapters, as well as learning all bio experiments
    finish movement 1 and 2 of mozart
    2 irish essay topics - internet, and the education system
    art essay
    english Q

Okay did Osmosis today, made my fancy notes as well as learnin it

Did TONS of maths questions, about 3-4 hours worth so my brain was fried.

• Advertisement

Did Enyzme Metabolism and also continued with my German oral stuff.

Gonna do some prac.art stuff now. Studying is tiring even tho I only did like 4 hrs.

Feel like I achieved absolutely nothing today :-\ okay so I have mynplan for my art essay which involved reading back over notes, textbook and also doing extra research which took longer than I expected. So only got the plan. Started my eng comparative essay. Well I have the whole thing complete really but my expression is bad and I just don't feel too m concise enough. And while I know I'm wasting my time I just feel really ocd about it so I'm rewriting\editing it!!

Got nothing else done. Today is the first day I have felt really stressed. Painting helped though, kinda

i sound so stupid with me paintin :P

still writing the essay getting there thouugh

German oral

German....again?

I planned on doing an triail but Irish revision is the absolute worst. I'm too tired at end of day to make really good notes:/

just read an triail again, summed up what happens in each radharc, now i feel i can actually make notes on it.

Tomorrow, unsure whether I will continue with Irish or do some Maths Exam Questionso on some Stats.
    Sunday I am going to

1) Learn English Comparative quotes
    Learn Question B Formats
    Start making a list of English Quotes (like for essays etc)

2) Art History! INTERNATIONAL STYLE ....must

3) Probably nothing else, just want to get those two things done well

German cases, genders, adjectives, preopisitions
    International style and Wilton diptych
    English personal essay
    Statistics maths questions
    Learned off 3 Irish essays

Plus homework which wasn't much.

I hate studying art so much like such effort! Id take maths instead anyday of the week

Anyways didn't end up studying art, did two bio chpters and a couple exam maths questions, primarily on line. I guess German vocab could also be counted and protein synthesis.

Had Irish essay today I was happy enough, not a standard by any means probably around 78%

Ghiberti
    Breathing system
    Complex numbers

• Advertisement

had four exams so far, three to go
    had english today was actually better than expected! and i only studied last minute really...never thought i'd feel like this about english! German was defo my worst....well at least the more stressful!!!

3 TO GO

Advertisement