Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sony Xperia S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭pigeon999

ED E wrote: »
    Any ETA on ICS for it?
    April. Just April.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Stupendousman

So, now that everyone has had a good play with the phone, is it worth the money?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

So, now that everyone has had a good play with the phone, is it worth the money?

Yes would love to know how its going

Whats the UI like?
    Anyone on Meteor - is it locked to Meteor network? (some previous Androids have been unlocked)
    What are the home/menu buttons like?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Is the package you get in the carphone warehouse (nfc tags and hdmi cable) on 3 pre pay the same deal you would get if you order on the 3 website?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Yes, if you hurry up you might also score a sim free model too, since eventually most handsets get locked and you get different variants for each network

• Advertisement

Ya i ordered the sim free there about 20 min ago from 3. Ill have it by friday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Ya i ordered the sim free there about 20 min ago from 3. Ill have it by friday :D

I'd be surprised if that's sim-free. You'll have an initial batch of common stock for the likes of Carphonewarehouse etc. but a phone ordered directly from three should be locked and branded.

I'd be surprised if that's sim-free. You'll have an initial batch of common stock for the likes of Carphonewarehouse etc. but a phone ordered directly from three should be locked and branded.

O fair enough. I wasnt planing on changing from 3 anyway. Just wanted to know would I get the tags and hdmi cable

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You cant remove the battery? Are they for real? Perfect phone, RUINED :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

It is possible, but it's a bit of work to do it

• Advertisement

billbond4 wrote: »

Yeah, I meant in terms of the odd occasion when droid decides to hang when you need it. Not gonna take out a set of Torx drivers on the luas to force my phone to reboot :P

Yeah, I meant in terms of the odd occasion when droid decides to hang when you need it. Not gonna take out a set of Torx drivers on the luas to force my phone to reboot :P

How often does android 'hang'?

Never had to do that with my xperia arc, the power button always worked

Have needed it at least twice on my X10 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Interested in this phone, anyone know when the Smartdocks due out in Ireland, looks a serious piece of kit

Just been informed on xda that it has hardcoded reset!

SOLD

Will probably do a video review once I get it.

Yeah had my arc for a year and it was always able to do a reboot, or in first firmware it rebooted itself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Has anyone moved from a Galaxy S II to the Xperia S?

I'm interested in opinions!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I heard last week that the Tech people at O2 were raving about it.

I'm due an upgrade from my Arc in a couple of weeks and considering the S

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Ken bryan

Can anyone tell us . How does the Battery life compare with I phone / Galaxy ?
    Thanks .

• Advertisement

Ken bryan wrote: »
    Can anyone tell us . How does the Battery life compare with I phone / Galaxy ?
    Thanks .

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1536332 - Read this

Can anyone tell me how to stop the phone using auto brightness. I have it set to the max brightness and it keeps dimming on me

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

As far as I know the phone doesn't have auto brightness. It's probably just going into power saving mode by dimming. I just turn back lighting on when I need the extra brightness

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Interested in this phone, anyone know when the Smartdocks due out in Ireland, looks a serious piece of kit

The smart doc has still to be realeased for the S .
    Is only for the P . It seems stange how they
    realeased it for the P and not for the S . Yet the Is out now and P is not .

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭be wide of me

Cant seem to get a hold of one of these anywhere in Cork!! The girl in the Patrick Street store said she doesn't know when they will get them back in, they only got 2 originally!!:(

What shop were you in? Carphonewarehouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭be wide of me

What shop were you in? Carphonewarehouse?

No Tried all the Meteor stores i've got a voucher for 25% off my bill which has to be used in these stores. I did check CPW being nosey they had none either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭flazio

CPW have changed their stuff for April and the Xperia S is being listed with a Vodafone price. €429.99, same as O2. No stock as yet. But looks like it's coming to Vodafone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭opus

Review of the phone on the latest 'Phones Show'

Advertisement