Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

menupages.ie

• 09-04-2013 11:03am

I joined menupages and did reports on restaurants I had visited and gained points. They advertised that when you had points collected you would get free meals. I have 12000 points, 2 years on and they have not had one signgle offer. I contacted them and they kept saying next month next month. I have now stopped doing reviews for them.
    Has anyone else been caught out like I have,.
    I sent another e mail 10 days ago and got no reply,
    Wonder if they are still in business??
    :mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

This isn't a Food & Drink forum issue. Think it's better suited to Consumer Issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

2 years of writing reviews for a free meal :rolleyes:

Try contacting them by phone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,375 ✭✭✭fletch

I have got two free meals out of them but the last time was January 2012...since then there doesn't appear to be any way to spend your "menupoints".
    I did suggest to them that they allow users use their menupoints to purchase their megadeals and they said it was in the pipeline....that was October 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 25,292 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Frankly I wouldn't see any point in either posting or reading review on MP. Restaurants can sign up to be a 'premium' member which allows them to remove negative reviews which means that the whole scheme is nothing more than a protection racket.

I've posted a few reviews on MP in the past but recently they started sending me junk mail so I've unsubscribed from them.

Plenty of threads on the topic - just search all of boards for 'menupages'.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Yup, using menupages.ie is only of any use to find out what restaurants are in any given area, as a resource for evaluating said restaurants it's entirely redundant.

• Advertisement

• Thats it then, I signed up in 2011 and never got anything,. Same reply in the pipeline but still nothing. I stopped doing reviews as it doesnt seem a legit site. Same people are putting up reviews and I suspect they are not genuine as they are in every county in ireland every week. Suspect to me.
    Thanks for the replies guys. I know when Im beaten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

I regard the "reviews" in menupages with the same credibility as the "reviews" form stuff dot tv - currently this is the 'review' site that adds for a new SONY smartphone proudly announce

• Registered Users Posts: 25,292 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Same people are putting up reviews and I suspect they are not genuine as they are in every county in ireland every week. Suspect to me.

Given their MO you'd have to suspect that a restaurant gets a few negative reviews from those well-travelled diners following which the place gets a call from MP telling them how they can edit the reviews once they pay to become a premium member. It's one step short of telling them they know which school their kids go to.

• A complete scam so, I got no reply to my last 2 e mails as to how to use my 10,000 points. Sickened by these scams.

Advertisement