Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jumper on Arthurs Quay

Options
  • 21-07-2005 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

Who was this guy? Anyone see anything?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Does anyone listen to the news?

A guy was threatening to jump off Arthurs Quay Shopping Centre yesterday. Patrick street was closed for a few hours while the fire brigade tried to talk him down....

Poor Guy, I really think this city is depressing at the best of times... I was in Chicago last weekend and the whole feeling of community was so special. At the mass they even asked if there where any visitors and then we stood up and we got an clap and afterwards about 30 ppl asked us how our stay was! They also were having block sales and block parties around the place and a little town near were we where had a festival the night before harry potter came out... it made national news and all!

Nothing happens here, except the wrong kind of enjoyment.... even if concerts etc., are going on they are in pubs and nightclubs rather than streets!
    Even festivals are set to let us particapate in, its just to watch and then people take things for granted... I think there needs to be a serious swing in the way things are run in the city!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭gaf1983

http://www.limerickpost.ie/dailynews.elive?id=6522&category=Daily-Thu

There's the story anyway. I was in town when it happened alright, quite a big crowd had gathered. Some people said that he probably would have survived the fall, I dunno.

It turns out he had excaped from the gardai beforehand... they were looking for him when they got the call!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Lopper

At the mass they even asked if there where any visitors and then we stood up and we got an clap and afterwards about 30 ppl asked us how our stay was!

Call me cynical, but that would probably drive me to jumping off Arthur's Quay. :P

It was nice ok! It was really welcoming and friendly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I'm with the lopper on this one. I can't stand that type of American bullsh1t. It sickens me.

What as in being friendly and welcoming????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Why would you clap someone for being a visitor? Why would anyone care. I always hate fake sentiment. Maybe I'm just a cynical bastárd but stuff like that really annoys me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Dave wrote:
    Why would you clap someone for being a visitor? Why would anyone care. I always hate fake sentiment. Maybe I'm just a cynical bastárd but stuff like that really annoys me.

We had a priest on a two year loan from some club in America he was a gas man he was always up for a bit of fake sentiment saying how good it was to see all the families at mass and stuff like that. Going to mass when he was saying it was like being stuck in the Flanderseses house for the amount of time that mass normally takes.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Lopper

Jaysus i don't think i could take a Yank priest. We had a great one a few years ago, used to rush mass to get home to milk the cowses :) We had a 12 minute mass once. :D

Unfortunately he has since moved parish :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

A priest in a town near me used to do no sermon if there was a match on. Ive stopped going to mass since then anyway, so it doesnt matter now

Advertisement