Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shuangmiaosaurus skeleton mounted for the first time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Pretty impressive. 80% of the specimen was found intact if I am reading that correct, and the mention of the the 5D dinosaur experience hall got me very curious so I had to go and google that tech to see what it was about.

Is a pretty decent sized find as well, as the mounted specimen comes in around the 8 m mark.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

Kess73 wrote: »
    Pretty impressive. 80% of the specimen was found intact if I am reading that correct, and the mention of the the 5D dinosaur experience hall got me very curious so I had to go and google that tech to see what it was about.

Is a pretty decent sized find as well, as the mounted specimen comes in around the 8 m mark.

What was the 5D thing about?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Adam Khor wrote: »
    What was the 5D thing about?

It is a 360 degree projection that has various tech incorporated into the building and seating areas that will replicate the feeling of whatever is happening on the screen like heat, cold, rain, snow, vibrations, leg sweep to feel like small animals passing your legs, smoke, bubbles. So your senses will have both visual,and physical stimuli as well as those of an olfactory nature.

Basically you are put in a viewing area where you can look in any direction and it is meant to be like sitting in the middle of whatever enviroment is onscreen.

And they are having a dino show or documentary using this technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Ad me to the list of people who never heard of Shuangmiaosaurus before this thread.

Advertisement