Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Short term bike insurance

Options
  • 04-05-2009 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭

Do any bike insurers offer short term insurance.

Id like to get a small bike some 250cc thing but knowing irish weather i wouldn't be using it all that often when id have a car too.

Anything like i could call up the insurance company and inform them id be using the bike from date A to date B from and be covered.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

They only insure for the year, you can cancel early but they'll rob you blind.

Not worth the hassle to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

you will enjoy the bike so much that the weather wont bother ya anyways. I rather ride in the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

I ride in all weathers...had my first spill in that light rain on Saturday night at low speed upon braking on a white arrow on the road that I didn't see (taxi that I hit in front just went over it so I was blind to it). I'm fine, bike is only cosmetic damage and the taxi was grand (sound driver too) but I'll ride in the rain again. In fact I did straight afterwards once my nerves settled down!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Fabio wrote: »
    I ride in all weathers...had my first spill in that light rain on Saturday night at low speed upon braking on a white arrow on the road that I didn't see (taxi that I hit in front just went over it so I was blind to it). I'm fine, bike is only cosmetic damage and the taxi was grand (sound driver too) but I'll ride in the rain again. In fact I did straight afterwards once my nerves settled down!
    Good to hear you're alright, those bloody white lines are so much more of a bother than I ever would have thought before getting on a bike.

Advertisement