Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

March 2015 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Thirdtimeround

Hi all,
    I'm due start of march. Have my booking appt on Monday with the Coombe domino midwives & then scan on Thursday in the hosp. Am vey nervous as haven't been feeling half as nauseous with this pregnancy as my other 2. Anyone else have a similar experience? Cross fingers it all goes ok!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭yamiki

so, 8+1 today, and as nauseous as ever... :p Plus, my jeans are starting to get tight! Waaah, already??? :o
    How's everyone feeling? Can anyone else not sleep properly at night? I was awake from about 2 till half 3 :(
    And welcome to any new joiners here :D

Oh, on the hospital appointments, I've got mine on the 10th Sept, I'll be about 12 weeks I think. Roughly the same as last time, when the first appt. was at 14 weeks. First scan and everything, can't wait. For now I'm taking my bouts of nausea as an 'everything is ok in there' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

yamiki wrote: »
    so, 8+1 today, and as nauseous as ever... :p Plus, my jeans are starting to get tight! Waaah, already??? :o
    How's everyone feeling? Can anyone else not sleep properly at night? I was awake from about 2 till half 3 :(
    And welcome to any new joiners here :D

Oh, on the hospital appointments, I've got mine on the 10th Sept, I'll be about 12 weeks I think. Roughly the same as last time, when the first appt. was at 14 weeks. First scan and everything, can't wait. For now I'm taking my bouts of nausea as an 'everything is ok in there' :)

I am the same at night, used to sleep right through but now wake up a few times during the night needing to go toilet, and then have difficulty getting back to sleep with the nausea. Then of course I am wrecked all day from not sleeping properly :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

Having trouble sleeping through the night as well. I seem to be overheating - waking up in a sweat, needing to pee, can't get back to sleep etc...

Not really feeling nauseous much yet though thank god. A little bit queasy every now and again but nothing bad.

Having to tell loads of lies already though! We do pilates in work on Thursday lunchtimes. The instructor told me I shouldn't do it for now, so I had to make up a story about pulling a muscle in my back. Same with work tag rugby team. And we have a social club night at the races next week so have to say I'm driving which is not like me at all! Then my friends are trying to organise a girls night out for next weekend......oh the web of lies I'm having to tell!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

tough time sleeping here too but pretty bad fatigue during the day and the nausea is horrible! today though was going into the shower and noticed a rash on my right arm, normally I wouldn't be alarmed but I never received my 2nd mmr as a child so the doctor told me to be wary, I am also really out of breath now so not sure what I should do

• Advertisement

tough time sleeping here too but pretty bad fatigue during the day and the nausea is horrible! today though was going into the shower and noticed a rash on my right arm, normally I wouldn't be alarmed but I never received my 2nd mmr as a child so the doctor told me to be wary, I am also really out of breath now so not sure what I should do

You should definately see your GP on Monday about the rash if it is still there. In the meantime if you feel any worse, maybe try an on-call doctor?

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

yeah see your gp, it'l give you reassurance and ease the worry!

trouble sleeping here too, was away for the weekend and himself slept like a log while I looked on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭user2012

Looking for a bit of advice ladies.
    I'm approx 8/9 weeks at the moment. This is my second pregnancy & I fully understand that the more pregnancies you have the earlier you can start to show.
    But I'm beginning to wonder are my dates correct? Could I possibly be further along than I thought? I had a period mid June but it was lighter than usual & didn't last as long as usual either but wasn't anything so different to make me question anything. I have a very defined & pronounced bump that is getting impossible to hide & in the last couple of days I've felt faint flutter like movement.
    If I go to my GP can he examine me or send me for an earlier scan? Or will he send me away & tell me wait for the 12 week scan?

user2012 wrote: »
    I'm approx 8/9 weeks at the moment. This is my second pregnancy & I fully understand that the more pregnancies you have the earlier you can start to show.
    But I'm beginning to wonder are my dates correct? Could I possibly be further along than I thought? I had a period mid June but it was lighter than usual & didn't last as long as usual either but wasn't anything so different to make me question anything. I have a very defined & pronounced bump that is getting impossible to hide & in the last couple of days I've felt faint flutter like movement.
    If I go to my GP can he examine me or send me for an earlier scan? Or will he send me away & tell me wait for the 12 week scan?

It does sound like you are further along than you thought but you are best to get a professional opinion on it so I would go along to your gp, you have nothing to lose anyway.

Decided to wait it out til today the rash went after a couple hours but the shortness of breath is still there.
    How is everyone feeling since?
    Not sure what to tell you user2012 as my first scan won't be til the 20week mark I was told!
    Maybe the doctor could check you over again and you tell him your dates aren't what you thought?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

User2012, you may be further along than you thought but doesn't really sound like it if you had a bleed in June.

This is my third pregnancy and I've been in maternity jeans since 8 weeks. I was nearly 22 weeks on my first before I needed maternity wear so could just be the theory that you show must faster on 2nd and subsequent pregnancies.

Still to be sure check with GP to put your mind at ease but they prob won't be able to date you until you have your 12 wk scan.

Baby pebble, if you are experiencing random rashes and shortness if breath then I would advise seeing your GP just to make sure all is ok.

:)

I'm 10 weeks tomorrow, BURSTING to tell but may put it off for a good few weeks to be sure :)

Decided to wait it out til today the rash went after a couple hours but the shortness of breath is still there. How is everyone feeling since? Not sure what to tell you user2012 as my first scan won't be til the 20week mark I was told! Maybe the doctor could check you over again and you tell him your dates aren't what you thought?

hey babypebble, I echo sittingprettys advice, your better to go to gp to get a check up with the shortness of breath!

feeling ok here, nausea seems to be lessening, my jeans are way too tight but feel a bit of a fraud getting in to maternity jeans already! only 9w 4d today on my first so think its just that I have put weight on!

user2012, its worth a try going back to your gp or if you have the means, organise a private early dating scan yourself for reassurance!

I'm 10 weeks tomorrow, BURSTING to tell but may put it off for a good few weeks to be sure :)

I am delighted for you! I know you were really nervous this time round after the miscarriage last time. Please God all continues to go well for you :)

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    I am delighted for you! I know you were really nervous this time round after the miscarriage last time. Please God all continues to go well for you :)

Thank you so much lady :)

I may have to put off announcing our news for a good while yet though.
    A very good friend of ours had a terrible loss this weekend. Lost her baby at 31 weeks and very nearly lost her own life.
    I think myself announcing a pregnancy in next few weeks is a bit inappropriate so we will have to see :(

user2012 wrote: »

A friend of mine had a similar story with her now 3 year old. She thought she had a period, but was actually pregnant already, so dates were all wrong - so I guess that can happen. Not sure GP would be able to tell much without a scan. You could go for a private scan maybe?

Thank you so much lady :)

I may have to put off announcing our news for a good while yet though.
    A very good friend of ours had a terrible loss this weekend. Lost her baby at 31 weeks and very nearly lost her own life.
    I think myself announcing a pregnancy in next few weeks is a bit inappropriate so we will have to see :(

God that's just awful - you'd think at 31 weeks you're ok. The poor thing.

It's hard to keep waiting to tell though. I'd like to tell my mother but she's going through chemo at the moment for stomach cancer and I'm just afraid to tell her now (7 weeks) in case anything goes wrong - I couldn't put her through the disappointment - so am determined to hang in there until I have a scan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭user2012

Thanks for the advice. I'll see can I get an appointment for tomorrow.

That's terrible news Sitting Pretty. Your poor friend must be devastated.

Been in bed for last half an hour absolutely wrecked and shortness of breath getting worse the more I walk around and stuff :(

Been in bed for last half an hour absolutely wrecked and shortness of breath getting worse the more I walk around and stuff :(

Have you been to the GP?

If not with all due respect posting here is pointless.

Seek medical advice to put your mind at ease :)

Have you been to the GP?

If not with all due respect posting here is pointless.

Seek medical advice to put your mind at ease :)

Making an appointment for this week apparently shortness of breath occurs in the beginning of pregnancy so I'm not super worried was more of a mini rant post :)

• Advertisement

Making an appointment for this week apparently shortness of breath occurs in the beginning of pregnancy so I'm not super worried was more of a mini rant post :)

Really? I thought that was more a late pregnancy symptom! I remember by about month 8 hardly being able to get out a full sentence without sounding like is run a marathon! :D

Hope u feel better after a lie down! :)

Really? I thought that was more a late pregnancy symptom! I remember by about month 8 hardly being able to get out a full sentence without sounding like is run a marathon! :D

Hope u feel better after a lie down! :)

It can be associated with low iron so will need to do another blood test, feeling way better after the lie down :)

I get shortness of breath sometimes too

• Registered Users Posts: 42 E_M_K

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    I get shortness of breath sometimes too

When I told my mother the first thing she asked me was had I shortness of breath, she had it with us all at the beginning. I'm travelling with work and I'm driving to all the work dinners to avoid the drink excuses. I can't wait to officially announce it & avoid all the white lies! At least when I go home I say I ate too much when I was away to explain the expanding waist line.

E_M_K wrote:
    When I told my mother the first thing she asked me was had I shortness of breath, she had it with us all at the beginning. I'm travelling with work and I'm driving to all the work dinners to avoid the drink excuses. I can't wait to officially announce it & avoid all the white lies! At least when I go home I say I ate too much when I was away to explain the expanding waist line.

I hate not telling people, one of my friends is gettin married at end of month, she sent me a message the other day to see if I wanted to meet up for a few drinks one evenin before the wedding! I had already said I wanted to meet up but now i'm having to try make it in to a lunch or dinner! wish I could tell people but really dont want to until i've had my first hospital visit!

I get a little shortness of breath too - mainly first thing in the morning.

When are you all planning on telling people?

Well I want to wait till the first scan if I can keep it quiet that long - will be 11.5 weeks then.

Only problem is I'm supposed to be going to Electric Picnic around the 10 week mark and there's no way I can lie my way out of not drinking at that so will probably have to spill the beans to one or two people then.

At the moment the only ones in the know are myself, himself, my GP and dentist!

Kauto0709 wrote:
    When are you all planning on telling people?

well I want to wait til my hospital scan too, i'l be 14 weeks., but thats not for another 4 weeks, although a lot on my side know already, mam, dad, sister, 2friends and then some work colleagues, I have a feeling I wont make it to the 14 weeks, but himself has only told one of his friends and his mum, and he wants to wait so I guess i'l have to try hold it in!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 E_M_K

I'll be 9.5 weeks having my scan so I feel its too early tell the world, my parents know only & himself. I'm not really showing, I just look like i've just eaten a few too many big dinners! Cheese Princess, 10 weeks at Electric Picnic thats tough!! Say you've vodka in your flask/beaker you brought yourself and just drink water? You also have a cold sore so you can't share?! Throw in a lemon for taste ;-)

I've 2 really good mates staying with me at 10 weeks, dinner, drinks, chats & not drinking will have me sussed straight off. I was thinking of saying we are trying properly & i'm off the drink to increase our chances.

Advertisement