Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

bargains for parents to be

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

So you have to cancel and then sign up again ?
    £79 works out at 20p a day

Fire starter it is not worth it after the free trial. It is only cheaper for pampers newbaby nappies size 1 and 2 so just stock up on them. I would only get 1 box of 1s ! My baby was 8lbs 12oz and only stayed in size 1s for less than 2 weeks. He was in size 2 for maybe a month. Size 3s and up are cheaper in tesco when they are BOGOF once a month which happens 99% of the time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

i got a box of 1s from supervalu, they were on special offer, that will do for now, due mid sept and they estimate baby to be 4.2 lbs so no point stocking up till kick off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

We stocked up on pampers before our baby was born only to discover at a week old that they didn't agree with him (his bum came out in awful blisters :( ) and so we ended up lumbered with a load of nappies we wouldn't use :( I'd be fairly reluctant to stock up on anything like that again before the baby is born although it's very difficult to resist when things are on offer :D

i got a box of 1s from supervalu, they were on special offer, that will do for now, due mid sept and they estimate baby to be 4.2 lbs so no point stocking up till kick off

Maybe buy a pack of tesco own brand tiny baby? They are very very cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

lidl doing some baby bits tomo.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Living social have a pregnancy yoga deal 6 1.5hour classes for €39 in Churchtown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Millem wrote: »

I love love love the MAM bottles! There's a lot to dismantle... But thanks to these bottles my breat fed baby will take some expressed milk allowing me to get out every so often! We tried every bottle under the sun for months and these are the ones she finally took!!

They had a MAM starter kit and weaning kit in TK max from €65 down to €20!! It included bowels and spoons and all!

Also boots in dundrum have the 3 packs of large MAM bottles for only €6.95!!! The 2 packs are priced at €14.95! So I think it might be a mistake... But I wasn't asking... I bought 3 boxes of them. So that's 9 bottles for only €21. I think the 3 packs are usually about €20 each!

Sligo1 wrote: »
    I love love love the MAM bottles! There's a lot to dismantle... But thanks to these bottles my breat fed baby will take some expressed milk allowing me to get out every so often! We tried every bottle under the sun for months and these are the ones she finally took!!

They had a MAM starter kit and weaning kit in TK max from €65 down to €20!! It included bowels and spoons and all!

Also boots in dundrum have the 3 packs of large MAM bottles for only €6.95!!! The 2 packs are priced at €14.95! So I think it might be a mistake... But I wasn't asking... I bought 3 boxes of them. So that's 9 bottles for only €21. I think the 3 packs are usually about €20 each!

That's amazing value. There is a chemist beside tesco (next door to Kildare outlet) and they have all MAM stock 1/2 price including those nipple shields which are meant to be the business but extremely hard to get! Do you think they are pulling out of Ireland or is it a coincidence?

That's amazing value. There is a chemist beside tesco (next door to Kildare outlet) and they have all MAM stock 1/2 price including those nipple shields which are meant to be the business but extremely hard to get! Do you think they are pulling out of Ireland or is it a coincidence?

Gosh I'm not sure! But I hope they're not pulling out of Ireland. I find their products great! And I'm pretty sure the boots price was a mistake as their 2 pack boxes were €14.95 and there Wasnt a sale on any of the items. The triple pack that is €6.95 has been reading that for a couple months now. That's why I keep going in and buying more! Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Gosh I'm not sure! But I hope they're not pulling out of Ireland. I find their products great! And I'm pretty sure the boots price was a mistake as their 2 pack boxes were €14.95 and there Wasnt a sale on any of the items. The triple pack that is €6.95 has been reading that for a couple months now. That's why I keep going in and buying more! Lol

Are they these ones Sligo1?

http://www.boots.ie/en/Mam-Anti-Colic-Bottles-160ml-x-3_1480354/

Nope it's these ones here http://www.boots.ie/en/MAM-Anti-Colic-Bottle-260ml-x-3Pack-Pink_1374434/

I see they are €21!!! Boots dundrum have them priced at €6.95! Def a mistake now I see. I was actually in there yesterday and they didnt have any triple packs on the shelves. But maybe they do out the back or maybe they will be getting more in. But the barcode on the shelf where they usually are reads €6.95 and the double pack reads €14.95.

O and just to add the colour doesn't make a difference to the price either. I got 2 triple packs of blue and 1 triple pack of pink. :)

O and just to add the colour doesn't make a difference to the price either. I got 2 triple packs of blue and 1 triple pack of pink. :)

Sligo1 I think I might buy some tomorrow I stupidly put my tommee tippees in the dishwasher with spag Bol pots/pans :(:( are the blue in stock in dundrum ?

Sligo1 I think I might buy some tomorrow I stupidly put my tommee tippees in the dishwasher with spag Bol pots/pans :(:( are the blue in stock in dundrum ?

I couldn't see any triple packs on the shelves yesterday Hun. But if you go in just ask if they have any of the triple packs in stock out the back. Most of our tommee tippe bottles are stained aswell from spag Bol and lasange!!! Lol. We used the tommee tippee with my son.

I couldn't see any triple packs on the shelves yesterday Hun. But if you go in just ask if they have any of the triple packs in stock out the back. Most of our tommee tippe bottles are stained aswell from spag Bol and lasange!!! Lol. We used the tommee tippee with my son.

They don't look the best do they? I think sterilising them kind of discolours them too. Do I keep sterilising up to 1 year? He is actually almost crawling and I swear I Hoover every day but still I think the floor is still a bit unhygienic :D he is moving all around the room by pulling/rolling/dragging himself but it doesn't look like "traditional" crawling.

They don't look the best do they? I think sterilising them kind of discolours them too. Do I keep sterilising up to 1 year? He is actually almost crawling and I swear I Hoover every day but still I think the floor is still a bit unhygienic :D he is moving all around the room by pulling/rolling/dragging himself but it doesn't look like "traditional" crawling.

I sterilised up to 1 year... But I know loads of people stop sterilising at 6 months. Sure what's the point of sterilising when they're rolling over the floor and licking it!! Hahaha. If I was bottle feeding this time I'd prob stop sterilising at 6 months.

I sterilised up to 1 year... But I know loads of people stop sterilising at 6 months. Sure what's the point of sterilising when they're rolling over the floor and licking it!! Hahaha. If I was bottle feeding this time I'd prob stop sterilising at 6 months.

Yes I think it is a bit pointless tbh he actually tries to crawl into dogs vetbed!!!! :D I basically follow him around with baby wipes so I wipe his hands!! I will still keep sterilising until he is full blown crawling!

Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Perfect Prep £66 from amazon
    this looks like a bargain to me
    has pros and cons, each to their own i guess, im tempted

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tommee-Tippee-Closer-Nature-Perfect/dp/B00BG6304A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406793381&sr=8-1&keywords=tommee+tippee+perfect+prep

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tommee-Tippee-Closer-Nature-Perfect/dp/B00BG6304A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406793381&sr=8-1&keywords=tommee+tippee+perfect+prep

It's amazing :) don't mind the nonsense on bargain alert thread it is coming from people who have never used it!

• Advertisement

It's amazing :) don't mind the nonsense on bargain alert thread it is coming from people who have never used it!
    i just read that thread and didnt want the same happening here, our one isnt due till september, our first so last time i made bottles was 20 years ago for my little brother, things are a bit different now lol

Yay! I've been (impatiently) waiting for this to go on offer..... Only question now is will it go any lower?? :)

Yay! I've been (impatiently) waiting for this to go on offer..... Only question now is will it go any lower?? :)

Mrspostman do you need it now? Or in a few months? http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Tommee-Tippee-Closer-Nature-Perfect/product/B00BG6304A?context=browse
    The minimum bottle it makes is 4oz which might be something to bear in mind as do newborns only drink a few ozs??? I didn't start formula till 4 weeks but he was on 4oz then

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Mrspostman do you need it now? Or in a few months? http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Tommee-Tippee-Closer-Nature-Perfect/product/B00BG6304A?context=browse
    The minimum bottle it makes is 4oz which might be something to bear in mind as do newborns only drink a few ozs??? I didn't start formula till 4 weeks but he was on 4oz then

Does it work with any bottles or just TT?

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Does it work with any bottles or just TT?

Any bottles! It is like a coffee machine any cups work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Any bottles! It is like a coffee machine any cups work :)

I'm very skeptical about buying this. I'm thinking of just buying the avent bottle warmer for €24 euros instead.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I'm very skeptical about buying this. I'm thinking of just buying the avent bottle warmer for €24 euros instead.

There's no comparison, every bottle is made fresh and on demand. Great for night feeds etc but I don't want to derail thread tbh.

For any new mums who haven't made bottles before the reading why there is no comparison is because it makes the whole bottle at the right temp in less 2 mins. Otherwise you have to boil a kettle let it cool for 30 mins (guard it at the same time so no one reboils it!!/ pour directly into bottles but the bottles are so hot you can't really do this), after 30 mins pour into bottles and make sure you are filling up to correct level(I always found myself on my hands and knees making sure it was to correct level, then add formula, cool rapidly. I can't do that in less than 45 mins!!! Plus let's not forget how yucky the inside of some kettles are with limescale!!!

Yeah there's no comparison with the bottle warmer really, our warmer takes over 10 minutes to heat one out of the fridge. I like the idea that the bottles will be made fresh on demand and with no fuss of boiling the kettle and letting it cool etc.

I'm due in February and this is the little splurge that I promised myself :) Although I could use it now too seeing as my little man is still taking 3 8oz bottles a day. He was ebf for the first 3 weeks, I had to express due to back problems so I know that he was taking 4oz right off the bat and that still wasn't satisfying him :eek: We had to start combined feeding after that because he wasn't thriving and then at 6 weeks we switched to formula only. By that stage he was taking 6-7 oz each feed. So I'm wondering if the new baba will have the same big appetite! :D

I could definitely justify buying it now but it's not immediately necessary. I'd hate for it to be reduced further after buying it but I'd equally hate for it to go back up in price before I buy it :rolleyes: I'm such a bargain freak haha. I originally put it on my amazon wish list last month when it first went on offer at £77. It's a tough call!

• Advertisement

Yeah there's no comparison with the bottle warmer really, our warmer takes over 10 minutes to heat one out of the fridge. I like the idea that the bottles will be made fresh on demand and with no fuss of boiling the kettle and letting it cool etc.

I'm due in February and this is the little splurge that I promised myself :) Although I could use it now too seeing as my little man is still taking 3 8oz bottles a day. He was ebf for the first 3 weeks, I had to express due to back problems so I know that he was taking 4oz right off the bat and that still wasn't satisfying him :eek: We had to start combined feeding after that because he wasn't thriving and then at 6 weeks we switched to formula only. By that stage he was taking 6-7 oz each feed. So I'm wondering if the new baba will have the same big appetite! :D

I could definitely justify buying it now but it's not immediately necessary. I'd hate for it to be reduced further after buying it but I'd equally hate for it to go back up in price before I buy it :rolleyes: I'm such a bargain freak haha. I originally put it on my amazon wish list last month when it first went on offer at £77. It's a tough call!

Mrspostman I had to express too :( but for some reason I thought they drank less formula because it was more filling? Tbh I actually know nothing about formula in the early days so that could be rubbish! Anyway it is a good price, I can see it going down before feb though but not by much. Its a pity as there was one on amazon warehouse yesterday for £51 :(

Advertisement