Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

iRadio quality

Options
  • 01-04-2014 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭

Don't know where would be best place to post this. But I mostly listen to iRadio when I'm driving and lately I've noticed when some songs are playing it starts skipping / missing / repeating lines. I would wonder maybe is it something wrong with my own car, but it only does it during songs not consistently when they're talking or during Ads. Was listening to Galway Bay for a short duration of drive this morning and it didn't skip, they were just talking on there at the time.

Would it be something in the way that they air / play their music back? Has anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Mod

Moved from After Hours

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Don't know where would be best place to post this. But I mostly listen to iRadio when I'm driving and lately I've noticed when some songs are playing it starts skipping / missing / repeating lines. I would wonder maybe is it something wrong with my own car, but it only does it during songs not consistently when they're talking or during Ads. Was listening to Galway Bay for a short duration of drive this morning and it didn't skip, they were just talking on there at the time.

Would it be something in the way that they air / play their music back? Has anyone else noticed this?

Is the radio in your car digital? or is it picking up radio waves old school?

I know if i stream radio i can run into issues with quality etc when in low coverage areas and it can lead to some of the symtoms you mention

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭More Music

iRadio aren't on any broadcast digital format.

It's probably a satellite distribution link issue.

Galway Bay isn't relevant to situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Five Lamps

The OP could be streaming through his/her stereo, is this the case? Could explain the skipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭More Music

Judging by the post, where it was posted originally and the Galway Bay reference I'm going to assume they are not streaming audio in the car while driving.

Plus they are obviously around the Galway area as they can receive Galway Bay so would not need to use streaming to hear iRadio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

From what I've read before regarding stations it could be a case of picking up the signal from a different transmitter which is not 100% synced with the others, so when your car changes transmitter it gives the allusion of skipping, or repeating, in an ideal situation this should be seamless and unnoticeable

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bacstreetsbac

I think they are upgrading their audio network across all their sitses and the skipping is probably due to some sites (they have 21 i think) not being upgraded yet

Advertisement