Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

July 2014 Babies Club

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

Just weighed myself, I've actually lost 2lbs the last fortnight. I thought I had gained. It just shows how your mind & body play tricks. I feel huge -I'm bloated, constipated, my boobs are massive & swollen. So (as of yet) I'm not paying for all the stodgy crap I'm eating but I still need to really cop on, even if just to try feel a bit less crappy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Ocean Blue wrote: »
    Just weighed myself, I've actually lost 2lbs the last fortnight. I thought I had gained. It just shows how your mind & body play tricks. I feel huge -I'm bloated, constipated, my boobs are massive & swollen. So (as of yet) I'm not paying for all the stodgy crap I'm eating but I still need to really cop on, even if just to try feel a bit less crappy.

I managed to stomach a mixed grill in the college canteen as a treat for presenting my thesis. Sausages are churning in my stomach now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭DjangoMc

I can eat brown bread no bother. I find when i have to think about food, I won't eat. But if its just put in front of me, i'll nibble at it.

Had a scan this morning in Holles street. I started bleeding saturday, so rang them and they made an appointment for 8 this morning. My wee bean is grand. Heart fluttering away like mad. Was amazing to see. Just wore out from stressing all weekend about the bleed. Think I might head home at lunch have a pretty bad headache.

Rose1000, I told my immediate bosses and Health & Safety (due to where I work) so they could restrict me access to certain part of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

DjangoMc wrote: »
    I can eat brown bread no bother. I find when i have to think about food, I won't eat. But if its just put in front of me, i'll nibble at it.

Had a scan this morning in Holles street. I started bleeding saturday, so rang them and they made an appointment for 8 this morning. My wee bean is grand. Heart fluttering away like mad. Was amazing to see. Just wore out from stressing all weekend about the bleed. Think I might head home at lunch have a pretty bad headache.

Rose1000, I told my immediate bosses and Health & Safety (due to where I work) so they could restrict me access to certain part of the place.

Glad everything was ok x

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Aww hon, I bled a couple of weekends ago too and I understand your worry and anxiety - hugs to you! I'm glad everything is well, great to see it's little heart beating isn't it? When did you go to the EPAU? I took two days off work after the scan as midwife said just to rest up for a couple of days. You should definitely go home and snuggle up and catch up on your sleep. Glad everything went well x

• Advertisement

Merkin, rang holles street on Saturday and they had me in the EPAU first thing Monday morning. They where great!

Only 1.5 more days in work and off for a week and a half. Still have no tree up (kitchen needs to be finished) but hoping for it to go up this evening.

Felt fine yesterday, then when I was walking back to the car in Liffey Valley my stomach decided to try and get sick, but didn't thank god! But just love people looking at ya when your like that.

How is everyone else? Hope your all well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Merkin, rang holles street on Saturday and they had me in the EPAU first thing Monday morning. They where great!

Only 1.5 more days in work and off for a week and a half. Still have no tree up (kitchen needs to be finished) but hoping for it to go up this evening.

Felt fine yesterday, then when I was walking back to the car in Liffey Valley my stomach decided to try and get sick, but didn't thank god! But just love people looking at ya when your like that.

I'm not great hon. I've had brown spotting for a few days now so I am back into the EPAU tomorrow at 11.30 for another scan. I am nine weeks tomorrow and am just so fearful. I am trying to remain positive but it's hard, I desperately want little bubba to be OK.

Officially finished college yesterday. Not back in until the 27th of January for semester 2, so I've a lovely and relaxing 6 weeks to enjoy the pregnancy :D I'll be coming on 17 weeks pregnant when I go back, really hoping for a bump and some movement by then!
    I can feel the tip of my uterus starting to come above the pubic bone now, let my partner have a feel yesterday morning before work and he's on cloud 9 today :o
    Just have to wait for payday tomorrow and then the knitting/crochet begins!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Rose1000

Hi All,

I hope everyone is doing well. I am still feeling lousy with the nausea - as a result went to the Doctor on Monday. I have actually only got sick once but the nausea and exhaustion is really killing me. I got a cert from the doctor for two days off work - which I really had to push for! I am still feeling awful so decided to go out and get some air and collect something from the post office. Thought the air might do me good. Ended up fainting in the post office! just got home to the sofa again and never feel like leaving the house again! Except I'm in work tomorrow!! how I am going to sit in a smelly hot office all day I just don't know! I am picturing myself vomiting on my desk! I feel really frustrated with my doctor who is just not very sympathetic to how I'm feeling! I know sometimes you are best to try and just get on with it and distract yourself with work - but sometimes its just not possible when you feel this bad! ahhhhhhhhh!!!! FRUSTRATED!

Rose1000 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I hope everyone is doing well. I am still feeling lousy with the nausea - as a result went to the Doctor on Monday. I have actually only got sick once but the nausea and exhaustion is really killing me. I got a cert from the doctor for two days off work - which I really had to push for! I am still feeling awful so decided to go out and get some air and collect something from the post office. Thought the air might do me good. Ended up fainting in the post office! just got home to the sofa again and never feel like leaving the house again! Except I'm in work tomorrow!! how I am going to sit in a smelly hot office all day I just don't know! I am picturing myself vomiting on my desk! I feel really frustrated with my doctor who is just not very sympathetic to how I'm feeling! I know sometimes you are best to try and just get on with it and distract yourself with work - but sometimes its just not possible when you feel this bad! ahhhhhhhhh!!!! FRUSTRATED!

Know all to well how you feel. The guy I work with is a stinky bugger, so the smell of him makes stomach retch. I still have all day tomorrow and half of friday stuck in here. Surprised I haven't taken any time off.

• Advertisement

Nausea is killing me, and work doesn't help, have 3days off over Christmas is all but cant wait xx

I have my 1st scam tomorrow I cant wait, im a bit anxious about it just want to know. Everything I Ok x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Another July Momma here :) Its our first, only married in Sept and I'm carrying a broken tibia and fibula (broken 14 weeks ago, 10 weeks pregnant) so that'll make things a bit more interesting! Obstetrician isn't too concerned, higher risk of DVT for me so I'm rocking the flight socks on a daily basis!

I seem to have ticked off most of the symptoms boxes: exhaustion, poor skin, constipation (oh prune juice, my new best friend), cramps (wks 5-8), weird food aversions, afternoon sickness but no vomitting thank goodness. Had a reassurance scan in week 8 with the Rotunda, saw Lulu's (bump!!) heart beating nice and strong.

I've been laughing in agreement for the last week or so at everyone talking about their diets, meet your sister. I've been living off coco pops and white toast for days!!! :D

Got another lovely headcold today, although admittedly not as bad as I would normally get it. Totally ruined our day yesterday. Yearly trip to Blanch for dinner, a movie and the Xmas shopping! Usually we pick up everything there, we only have 7 people to buy for besides ourselves, and we pick our own presents while there.

This year my mother and sister gave me a list of things to try and get that they couldn't get themselves. My mother rang me a total of 16 times trying to find out if I got her stuff yet - four of those while I was in the cinema!! :mad:
    Then my sister threw a hissyfit because they were out of stock of what she asked me to get. Apart from feeling run down already, it totally ruined the mood, and I almost didn't enjoy my cheesy mash and cajun pasta in TGI Fridays :p

I did manage to get my maternity skinnies, and the OH got an outfit for Xmas which, without sounding too pervy, sent my heart a-racing at the thought of him wearing it :o Had no idea he was so fashionable.

Then he ended the night putting a smile on my face by telling me he can't wait to meet his son or daughter in 16 days :D I also noticed him slipping a little "my first scan" frame into our shopping in Heatons, makes me gooey to think he's as excited as me, that managed to more successfully buy a full newborn "I love Daddy" set a few weeks ago :P

ShaSha don't mind them. I have to admit I have no qualms being quite selfish now that I'm expecting, I have no problem doing favours for people but only when it suits what I'm doing. Leave your mother and sister to have their fits (sure if they need things that badly they can go searching themselves) and you take care of you and bump :)

As for getting the butterflies with your partner, ever since we found out I've fallen in love with him all over again on a daily basis so I know those feels. Enjoy every second of it, it bodes well for when the little one arrives and the stress starts!

Jaysus, maybe it's my new found sloppiness that's inducing my afternoon sickness :o :pac:

I blame pregnancy hormones... They're always at fault!!

Jerrica wrote: »
    ShaSha don't mind them. I have to admit I have no qualms being quite selfish now that I'm expecting, I have no problem doing favours for people but only when it suits what I'm doing. Leave your mother and sister to have their fits (sure if they need things that badly they can go searching themselves) and you take care of you and bump :)

As for getting the butterflies with your partner, ever since we found out I've fallen in love with him all over again on a daily basis so I know those feels. Enjoy every second of it, it bodes well for when the little one arrives and the stress starts!

You're just right Jerrica, I got so upset yesterday because of it, and my partner just said the same thing - they both very much take advantage of the fact that my partner has a car and when we go somewhere there is always a list. Normally I would begrudge my mother, but not my sister - she's only a kid and has very little money normally, and she would have no access to cheap presents. But she knew by leaving it till yesterday there was a chance everywhere was sold out, and that was her own doing!

I was so disappointed when my libido dropped, me and OH have always been very intimate, and I was terrified he would take the change the wrong way! He's been so good about it, but I feel it coming back now (probably because he's been working overtime and is too tired, so naturally I want what I can't have) but holding hands yesterday and watching him smile at me really jogged my memory - it really was like I just fell in love with him again! :p

Welcome along Jessica :-D

I had my 1st scan Thursday, baby measuring a bit small for my dates so have to go back in 3weeks for another scan, heartbeat was good and strong though, which is. If main thing xx

• Registered Users Posts: 32 BobbleBrunette

Hi again everyone

Sorry to butt in again when I'm technically nothing to do with this thread any more. The MTX worked and my ectopic has officiallly dissolved. I was more or less stable and level-headed the whole way through and just this week it's really really hit me. I find myself crying hysterically when I'm alone and I don't think I'm coping very well.

I need to talk to someone impartial but I cannot afford counseling. Does anyone know anywhere I can get help?

Sorry again to butt in and drag down the tone. :(

Hi again everyone

Sorry to butt in again when I'm technically nothing to do with this thread any more. The MTX worked and my ectopic has officiallly dissolved. I was more or less stable and level-headed the whole way through and just this week it's really really hit me. I find myself crying hysterically when I'm alone and I don't think I'm coping very well.

I need to talk to someone impartial but I cannot afford counseling. Does anyone know anywhere I can get help?

Sorry again to butt in and drag down the tone. :(

Not at all Bobble! Pregnancy, no matter what the outcome, isn't all smiles and happiness! I cannot offer advice, but I am sure there are plenty of women here who would be only too glad to help you through this very sad time.

I'm so, so sorry you're going through this BobbleBrunette. What you're experiencing sounds entirely reasonable and to be expected for such a trauma. You're not bringing the tone down, losses are a very real part of pregnancy and you need to talk.

I'm sorry I can't give you any practical advice but I wanted to let you know I was reading and thinking of you. Try and be with people you love this week, you need the support . Big hugs x

• Advertisement

Is it normal that I am seeing babies and pregnant women absolutely EVERYWHERE? Literally everywhere I look there are ads for all things baby and pregnancy.

Pampers emailed me two weeks ago to inform me of all the great things that were happening to my baby because I was 11 weeks along (I had the MTX at 9 weeks). I unsubscribed from all emails from Pampers after that little stab to the heart then this week they sent me my 12 week update telling me how excited I should be!

Gutted me. Obviously only something small but it hurts like a b*tch.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭otwb

Bobble,

Great to hear from you - every time I look at the thread your username is up there as the first poster and was wondering how you had gotten on.

Have you tried miscarriage.ie? I'm sure if you need to talk to someone they would help. I genuinely don't see the difference between a miscarriage and what you have had to go through.

Hope that the next few days go ok for you. It's ok to be sad, you've had a very tough couple of months. I'm sure that you've been told this a couple of times already, but this doesn't mean that the same thing will happen if you become pregnant again. Unfortunately, it just wasn't meant to be this time.

I was in for my 'booking appointment' last week and recognised a girl from my booking appointment with my first pregnancy (I miscarried at 12 weeks). She's eight and a half months pregnant and here I am back at 10 weeks again. It will get easier - it just takes time.

otwb wrote: »
    Bobble,

Great to hear from you - every time I look at the thread your username is up there as the first poster and was wondering how you had gotten on.

Have you tried miscarriage.ie? I'm sure if you need to talk to someone they would help. I genuinely don't see the difference between a miscarriage and what you have had to go through.

Hope that the next few days go ok for you. It's ok to be sad, you've had a very tough couple of months. I'm sure that you've been told this a couple of times already, but this doesn't mean that the same thing will happen if you become pregnant again. Unfortunately, it just wasn't meant to be this time.

I was in for my 'booking appointment' last week and recognised a girl from my booking appointment with my first pregnancy (I miscarried at 12 weeks). She's eight and a half months pregnant and here I am back at 10 weeks again. It will get easier - it just takes time.

Hiya thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately I had a miscarriage a few years ago too (at 8 weeks) so I'm feeling like such a failure as a woman. That's twice now I've failed to carry a baby. Neither times were planned but I'm still feeling so inadequate.

What if I can never have a child? As for being the person who started this thread, maybe I totally jinxed myself by doing so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

First dry Christmas Day in adult memory and also the least food eaten :(

I didn't mind being dry for Christmas :o I spent the last few days so excited that we'd have a new family addition this time next year that I didn't really notice the lack of booze!! Definitely ate less than normal, but that's not a bad thing tbh. Telling the family over the last few days has made it such a special time, it'll be a Christmas we remember for a long time.

With an empty belly and bladder this morning there's definitely definitely signs of roundness, only a matter of time before there's a proper bump :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28 sciencebod

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Officially finished college yesterday. Not back in until the 27th of January for semester 2, so I've a lovely and relaxing 6 weeks to enjoy the pregnancy :D I'll be coming on 17 weeks pregnant when I go back, really hoping for a bump and some movement by then!
    I can feel the tip of my uterus starting to come above the pubic bone now, let my partner have a feel yesterday morning before work and he's on cloud 9 today :o
    Just have to wait for payday tomorrow and then the knitting/crochet begins!

Hi ShaShaBear, I am also at college and I'm 13 weeks pregnant :). Unfortunately my exams start on the 8th of Jan and I'm back doing semester 4 at the end of Jan. Have you told any of the students yet? I had to tell the lecturers cause I'm doing lab work. It's a nightmare trying to revise this time round for exams. Don't think I'll do as well on these exams. How is your morning sickness or has it gone now?

sciencebod wrote: »
    Hi ShaShaBear, I am also at college and I'm 13 weeks pregnant :). Unfortunately my exams start on the 8th of Jan and I'm back doing semester 4 at the end of Jan. Have you told any of the students yet? I had to tell the lecturers cause I'm doing lab work. It's a nightmare trying to revise this time round for exams. Don't think I'll do as well on these exams. How is your morning sickness or has it gone now?

Weird. my exams start on the 8th of January too! My last year now, so I'm just bulling through it!
    I don't really count the exams because I've only got the three, and they're spaced well apart. Everyone in college knows, again I had to tell all my lecturers for the lab work, and obviously it sorta came out during a Chemical Oxygen Demand lab that I couldn't go near the fume hood, so everyone figured it out! I had my friends told anyway so they weren't thinking I was bunking off or that something really weird was happening!
    Been deathly sick today. Woke up with a migraine to end all migraines, got sick after breakfast and again with toast about an hour later. Got two paracetamol into me and slept from 1 till half 6!! :eek: I feel 100% now, just had two oranges, some toast and waiting on the home-made leek and potato soup that my very helpful partner put on for me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 28 sciencebod

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Weird. my exams start on the 8th of January too! My last year now, so I'm just bulling through it!
    I don't really count the exams because I've only got the three, and they're spaced well apart. Everyone in college knows, again I had to tell all my lecturers for the lab work, and obviously it sorta came out during a Chemical Oxygen Demand lab that I couldn't go near the fume hood, so everyone figured it out! I had my friends told anyway so they weren't thinking I was bunking off or that something really weird was happening!
    Been deathly sick today. Woke up with a migraine to end all migraines, got sick after breakfast and again with toast about an hour later. Got two paracetamol into me and slept from 1 till half 6!! :eek: I feel 100% now, just had two oranges, some toast and waiting on the home-made leek and potato soup that my very helpful partner put on for me :o

I've got 5 exams in 2 weeks :/ and I'm sat here now trying to build myself up for some more biochem revision whilst feeling sick. Oh joy - lol. No one knows in college yet but I'm not planning on any big announcements - they can just work it out for themselves when I start showing. Yeah - lol - they pulled me out of the Chemical Oxygen Demand practical too. So you doing an environmental qualification then? I'm only half way through my degree. 2 years to go. But it's going fast and I'm enjoying it. I don't throw up very often but I'm nauseas allllll the time. It's worse up to mid-day and starts to build again come the evening and it's kinda there all through the night. I started with it at 6 weeks. Pleaaassseee let it end sooon - lol. Hubby is taking good care of me too. He get's me anything I want. Even if it's a trip out to Tesco at 8 o'clock at night. Leek and potato sounds awesome. Think I might have to put that on my list of unreasonable demands :D.

sciencebod and ShaSha your Colleges/ Uni should have provisions for you as student mothers, and there should be someone you can talk to about all the support services available (from the practical - creche services, to the legal -aternigy leave entitlements). I work in that area in a University so feel free to send me a PM and I can find out more about what you may I've available to you - totally in confidence of course :)

• Advertisement

sciencebod wrote: »
    I've got 5 exams in 2 weeks :/ and I'm sat here now trying to build myself up for some more biochem revision whilst feeling sick. Oh joy - lol. No one knows in college yet but I'm not planning on any big announcements - they can just work it out for themselves when I start showing. Yeah - lol - they pulled me out of the Chemical Oxygen Demand practical too. So you doing an environmental qualification then? I'm only half way through my degree. 2 years to go. But it's going fast and I'm enjoying it. I don't throw up very often but I'm nauseas allllll the time. It's worse up to mid-day and starts to build again come the evening and it's kinda there all through the night. I started with it at 6 weeks. Pleaaassseee let it end sooon - lol. Hubby is taking good care of me too. He get's me anything I want. Even if it's a trip out to Tesco at 8 o'clock at night. Leek and potato sounds awesome. Think I might have to put that on my list of unreasonable demands :D.

We must be doing more or less the same course - I'm on Applied Bioscience, but it's only a three year ordinary degree. Can do a fourth year add-on for environmental science, but I'm leaving to take a year with the baby first!
    I've only thrown up a total of 5 times the whole 12 weeks, but I've felt very iffy a lot more often like you!

Advertisement