Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

July 2014 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Got my second blood test results back on Monday, they doubled in the two day gap so that's great news, HOWEVER, started to bleed HEAVILY within an hour of the blood test. Bleeding lasted around 36 hours then stopped. No major clots, some small ones.

Doctor says it's very strange that my HCG is doubling as it should, yet I began bleeding right away.

Still clueless.

do you have to go back for more bloods bobble?

as for telling people we are telling our families at the weekend, but keeping it quite other then that till 12 weeks ish x anyone have scan dates or anything yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    We have mostly all our family and friends told, the ones we see regularly at any rate. I'd like a network support if something were to go wrong so keeping it a secret just didn't sit well with me. Parents on both sides got a little carried away with telling the news as its the first grandbaby on both sides, so we had to tell a few ourselves to avoid the second hand gossip!

As horrible as it sounds, things can go wrong during all 9 months, and even after that again, so keeping it a secret for fear of having to tell them about a mishap seems pointless to me!

I want to tell my parents and siblings, husband would prefer not to tell a soul! If I tell my side I know it won't go any further...........if he tells his it could spread like wildfire which we don't want. Dilemma :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jennz1907

hi,
    I am due 6h July. Found out about two weeks ago, its my first so I am very excited and nervous and scared and happy at the same time :)
    we are not telling anyone yet, we said we get our parents lovely mugs for christmas, saying something like " for the special grandma". will be the first grandchild on both sides, so it think it will be a nice christmas present for them.
    i am just not sure on how to survive december with all the christmas parties without drinking and nobody getting suspicious.

I just booked by booking appointment in the Rotunda and its not until 03. January. I am just thinking that this is very late for a scan. I am originally from Germany and I am not 100 percent sure but I am fairly sure that you go for scans in Germany much earlier.
    so i am thinking of paying for a scan at my local doctor just for peace of mind.
    when do you guys have your booking appointments scheduled?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 BobbleBrunette

do you have to go back for more bloods bobble?

Just been into Holles Street Casualty this evening because I began to bleed again but this time with fairly strong pains.

They did a little scan, saw a thickly-lined uterus but not much else. They looked at my HCG results to date and said it didn't look too optimistic. They also took their own blood, and have to go back for follow-up on Saturday morning.

I haven't miscarried but I expect to.

I'm reluctant to go again after this experience, to be honest :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭otwb

Hi, positive test for me earlier this week.

Can I say a huge thanks for everyone for sharing their stories, good and bad. This it's my second pregnancy, I miscarried earlier this year at just under 12 weeks so slightly nervous is an understatement.
    the 'due in...' thread at that point seemed full of positive stories only so it's quite reassuring to see a thread where people are prepared to share all sides of the story.

Bobble, I hope things go ok for you and your family over the next couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

BobbleBrunette, I'm very sorry to hear that. I know what you mean about going into Holles street, I was there in September when I miscarried my first pregnancy. It's a horrible experience. Take care x

I think I'm due on the 17th of July, again. Was a bit of a surprise to happen so quickly this time. Walking on egg shells because of what happened last time, although, from what I gather, that's incredibly normal.

They just rang me back with my blood test results, the HCG level is doubling. But the level is still quite low.

I'd say they're fairly certain it's ectopic although they're obviously not saying that just yet.

Just have to keep being a human pin cushion for the time being. So confusing!!

Best of luck to all the new mammies-to-be, I'm so excited for ye all! :)

Bobble best of luck, will be thinking of you x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭DjangoMc

Hi

Just found out this morning I'm 4/5 weeks pregnant. And I'm in shock. We've been trying since September, Just wasn't expecting it this side of Christmas.

Bobble, I just read your posts, I hope you're ok.

• Advertisement

Thanks all

Hormones still going up but they're very low for how far along I am. Back to Holles Street for my third scan on Friday morning.

Time will tell I suppose. Nurse says it's most likely a failing pregnancy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭ Ashlyn Tender Sociologist

My heart goes out to you Bobble, I mc'd last year at 6 weeks and I went through a similar process as you-in and out for hcg tests and nobody could give me a straight answer. On top of that, I had an awfully traumatic experience with a cruel midwife when I first attended admissions with cramping and bleeding :( It took me a while to move on from what happened but with time, the pain has eased. I also thought that I wouldn't have the strength to try again but here I am now at 27 weeks and looking to the future :) I hope everything works out for you x

My heart goes out to you Bobble, I mc'd last year at 6 weeks and I went through a similar process as you-in and out for hcg tests and nobody could give me a straight answer. On top of that, I had an awfully traumatic experience with a cruel midwife when I first attended admissions with cramping and bleeding :( It took me a while to move on from what happened but with time, the pain has eased. I also thought that I wouldn't have the strength to try again but here I am now at 27 weeks and looking to the future :) I hope everything works out for you x

Thanks so much Ashlyn Tender Sociologist, I loved this post. Were your HCG levels rising too?

The nurses won't even give me an opinion on what MIGHT be happening. They're literally like "We aren't sure what's happening so we'll continue monitoring you". Now the nurses have been LOVELY, I haven't met a horrible one yet, and I suppose they have to cover their arses as regards giving their opinions but I'm literally in limbo. Don't know my arse from my elbow. Scan at 9.30 tomorrow morning and hopefully it'll provide me with some clarity, one way or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Thanks so much mrspostman, I loved this post. Were your HCG levels rising too?

The nurses won't even give me an opinion on what MIGHT be happening. They're literally like "We aren't sure what's happening so we'll continue monitoring you". Now the nurses have been LOVELY, I haven't met a horrible one yet, and I suppose they have to cover their arses as regards giving their opinions but I'm literally in limbo. Don't know my arse from my elbow. Scan at 9.30 tomorrow morning and hopefully it'll provide me with some clarity, one way or the other.

Oh Bobble :( Hopefully its just one of those things and the baby is getting good and strong! I know nurses think they are being so kind, but I can only imagine the not knowing is worse than knowing it's bad news!
    Fingers crossed for you!

Oh Bobble :( Hopefully its just one of those things and the baby is getting good and strong! I know nurses think they are being so kind, but I can only imagine the not knowing is worse than knowing it's bad news!
    Fingers crossed for you!

Maybe, but it is unlikely, Is it terrible that I'm going into the scan tomorrow morning expecting them to tell me it's gone/going/about to go? I think I'll faint if they tell me it's healthy, but I'm genuinely expecting it not to be good news. And I'm OK with that. I have had two whole weeks to ponder on it after all.

I'm bowled over by the kindness shown on this thread, you are all lovely lovely people and I hope you all have beautiful healthy pregnancies full of morning sickness (I swear this is not an insult, I prayed for morning sickness. Never came).

And I'm actually very sorry for bringing such negativity and doom and gloom. I have nobody else to talk to about it, my partner is a rock but he doesn't know what to say to me.

You're all the best xx

Maybe, but it is unlikely, Is it terrible that I'm going into the scan tomorrow morning expecting them to tell me it's gone/going/about to go? I think I'll faint if they tell me it's healthy, but I'm genuinely expecting it not to be good news. And I'm OK with that. I have had two whole weeks to ponder on it after all.

I'm bowled over by the kindness shown on this thread, you are all lovely lovely people and I hope you all have beautiful healthy pregnancies full of morning sickness (I swear this is not an insult, I prayed for morning sickness. Never came).

And I'm actually very sorry for bringing such negativity and doom and gloom. I have nobody else to talk to about it, my partner is a rock but he doesn't know what to say to me.

You're all the best xx

Sometimes a bit of doom and gloom is what's needed to keep us grounded and humble ;) It reminds us that pregnancy isn't some magical butterfly ride where you just get bigger, eat chocolate and ice-cream and then magically fart out a little baby. Things can, and obviously do go wrong and I know plenty of women who insist on refusing to even acknowledge that.
    Are you still testing at home to see if lines are getting/staying stronger?

Sometimes a bit of doom and gloom is what's needed to keep us grounded and humble ;)It reminds us that pregnancy isn't some magical butterfly ride where you just get bigger, eat chocolate and ice-cream and then magically fart out a little baby. Things can, and obviously do go wrong and I know plenty of women who insist on refusing to even acknowledge that.
    Are you still testing at home to see if lines are getting/staying stronger?

Nah I'm not, to be honest I'm as broke as a joke right now and had to fork out €300 last week for gynaecologist fees. There'll be many a scabby present for family this Christmas!

I had my blood tested loads last week and the HCG was rising in every single test, almost doubling every second day, so for now I am still pregnant, they just don't know where the embryo is, could be tubular, could be cervical, could even be in my stomach, apparently! I'm spotting very very VERY lightly, we're talking a smear on tissue paper. That's been going on for over two weeks now. Boobs still very sore. No nausea. No headaches. No cramps or tummy twinges.

Hope to JAYSUS tomorrow's scan shows the embryo, wherever it may be hiding!

PS - the bit I bolded in your comment made me chuckle out loud - thanks for the giggles!

Nah I'm not, to be honest I'm as broke as a joke right now and had to fork out €300 last week for gynaecologist fees. There'll be many a scabby present for family this Christmas!

I had my blood tested loads last week and the HCG was rising in every single test, almost doubling every second day, so for now I am still pregnant, they just don't know where the embryo is, could be tubular, could be cervical, could even be in my stomach, apparently! I'm spotting very very VERY lightly, we're talking a smear on tissue paper. That's been going on for over two weeks now. Boobs still very sore. No nausea. No headaches. No cramps or tummy twinges.

Hope to JAYSUS tomorrow's scan shows the embryo, wherever it may be hiding!

PS - the bit I bolded in your comment made me chuckle out loud - thanks for the giggles!

I was under that very opinion my whole life, until I got pregnant and realised that it's not all it's cracked up to be. Chocolate turns my stomach now, child has a lot to answer for :rolleyes:

I've only had cramps, again could be totally down to my IBS which has flared since I tested positive. Boobs are fine now, nipples haven't seemed to change, no headaches or nausea and no tiredness that is out of the norm for someone in their final year of a degree. I have been buying two packs of First Aid tests out of Euro2 (€4 for 4 tests aint too bad, and I get a kick out of the second line :o ) just to see things progressing. But I imagine if your blood shows a constant increase then there has been no failing just yet. I think when a medical practitioner sees something new that they don't quite understand, they assume the worst. I suppose I'd rather be told the bad news and find them wrong than told the good news and find out they were wrong.

All going well at 9.30 tomorrow you will be face to face with the little fecker that's been causing you all this grief, just like all children do on their mammies! :D

BobbleBrunette, just been reading. I really hope they find the embryo on the scan. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I had morning sickness on monday and tuesday. Have pretty bad heartburn today but coping ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭ Ashlyn Tender Sociologist

Thanks so much mrspostman, I loved this post. Were your HCG levels rising too?

Yes, my levels were rising but like you, they were very low. I had a major problem with the nurses being afraid to say for definite whether I was or wasn't miscarrying, it was so distressing not knowing whether I should be hopeful or mourning :( It was only when I started bleeding steadily that I knew in my own heart that it was over but STILL the nurses skirted the word 'miscarriage', instead they just told me to ring back for my blood results and they handed me a booklet about pregnancy loss :( The worst part was the not knowing, hopefully your scan will give you an answer one way or another. Mind yourself x

• Advertisement

Just out of Holles Street, they did a scan (outside and inside) and she thought she could see a small sac but she wasn't sure. She is of the opinion that I'm having a very slow miscarriage.

She took blood and will have results this afternoon, she expects my hormone (HCG) level to have gone down. Finally might have closure this afternoon.

How long will it take for the bloods to come back? I'm sorry to hear the news bobblebrunette. Here if you need to talk.

DjangoMc wrote: »
    How long will it take for the bloods to come back? I'm sorry to hear the news bobblebrunette. Here if you need to talk.

She said the lab should have the results by 2pm and I'm to expect her call between 2 and half 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Best of luck BB, it would be great if you got some good news xx

I'm crying. Legit crying. With frustration.

Results are in and my HCG went from 588 to 1471 (in five days).

I'm exasperated. Midwife said it's extremely unusual and she consulted with doctor and he says more blood tests and another scan next week. If they can't conclusively find the pregnancy on the scan next week they're going to have to operate to try find it.

With levels of 1471 it should definitely be visible on a scan.
    Why can't they find it?!

I'm sorry for the vent. I just want an answer :(

I'm crying. Legit crying. With frustration.

Results are in and my HCG went from 588 to 1471 (in five days).

I'm exasperated. Midwife said it's extremely unusual and she consulted with doctor and he says more blood tests and another scan next week. If they can't conclusively find the pregnancy on the scan next week they're going to have to operate to try find it.

With levels of 1471 it should definitely be visible on a scan.
    Why can't they find it?!

I'm sorry for the vent. I just want an answer :(

Is it possible you aren't as far on as you thought?
    Is ectopic possible?
    There's definitely a pregnancy, those numbers are pretty conclusive :confused:
    Can't understand why they are putting you through this for another week though :(

Is it possible you aren't as far on as you thought?
    Is ectopic possible?
    There's definitely a pregnancy, those numbers are pretty conclusive :confused:
    Can't understand why they are putting you through this for another week though :(

She checked my tubes very thoroughly and she says they're clear, no signs of any irritation or fluid on either of them. And apparently I probably would have been in a lot of pain as she was checking them and there was no pain.

Is it TMI to say I know what date I conceived on? I know what date I conceived on, it was the morning of the 17th of December, I'm thinking maybe I implanted REEEEEEALLY late maybe? I've no more symptoms, just sore boobies.

Mother has a conspiracy that maybe there was twins and now there's just one and that's why the levels dipped and now are on the rise?

I don't know what to think. I literally don't know my arse from my elbow right now.

She checked my tubes very thoroughly and she says they're clear, no signs of any irritation or fluid on either of them. And apparently I probably would have been in a lot of pain as she was checking them and there was no pain.

Is it TMI to say I know what date I conceived on? I know what date I conceived on, it was the morning of the 17th of December, I'm thinking maybe I implanted REEEEEEALLY late maybe? I've no more symptoms, just sore boobies.

Mother has a conspiracy that maybe there was twins and now there's just one and that's why the levels dipped and now are on the rise?

I don't know what to think. I literally don't know my arse from my elbow right now.

17th of December?
    That's quite a magical egg you have :p
    Your mum could well be right!
    And I don't think its TMI at all, we all did the deed at some point to get here ;) Could be that you implanted later than you thought, I know people say 6-10, but 12 isn't unheard of, and it can take a day to complete, so 13DPO is practically on top of a new period in a 28 day cycle!
    Not sure if you've said how far along you are, but at 7 weeks (where I am) the baby is roughly the size of a blueberry. Small, but if it is somewhere it shouldn't be, you'd definitely feel a blueberry sized baby in it!

The more I think about it, the more I think your mum might be onto something. Combined with a late implantation, perhaps there just isn't enough to see yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

To be honest from reading your posts I came to the conclusion that it was twins as well and that you may now only be carrying one. That would make the most sense wouldn't it?

• Advertisement

17th of December?
    That's quite a magical egg you have :p
    Your mum could well be right!
    And I don't think its TMI at all, we all did the deed at some point to get here ;) Could be that you implanted later than you thought, I know people say 6-10, but 12 isn't unheard of, and it can take a day to complete, so 13DPO is practically on top of a new period in a 28 day cycle!
    Not sure if you've said how far along you are, but at 7 weeks (where I am) the baby is roughly the size of a blueberry. Small, but if it is somewhere it shouldn't be, you'd definitely feel a blueberry sized baby in it!

The more I think about it, the more I think your mum might be onto something. Combined with a late implantation, perhaps there just isn't enough to see yet!

Ha ha I've a feather brain today, 17th of OCTOBER, DOH! :)

I'm 7 weeks too! The midwife is baffled and if my HCG goes up with Sunday's blood test then it's back for another scan next week.

My ninny-noo-nah has been poked and prodded to BITS!! And they've re-opened same vein in my arm FIVE TIMES because my veins are pure sh*te, ouchies :(

Advertisement