Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

KC Lunch Time on Today FM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

KC2DAY wrote: »
    The option was 'no Joss Whedon'

or

Send the movie guy to interview him and have Joss Whedon on show

He's one of the biggest names in Hollywood, when you get interview opportunities with people like this you take it. He was not able to hang around in Dublin for 4 extra days to do a live lunch time radio show today, unfortunately :P

Don't get me wrong, pre-record Joss Whedon is 100 times better than no Joss Whedon, it's just the way KC (you?) said he was on the show later that got my hopes up! I think KC and Lenny would have got some great craic out of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

anyone else hear that girl win €10,000 i WAS happy for her.
    at the end you could hear another person laugh clearly, when someone says 'oh dear' and takes few seconds and gets it right... alarm bells.
    then just at the end she said that people from her office at work most of been listen cause they were skype'ing her, in other words she was sitting at the computer

id like to add, yes i would of cheated too if i was few questions away from 10k. just not a fair way to go i think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭ofcork

I was wondering alright because she repeated the questions out loud i hope she was honest,was thinking all the week the questions were so easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,425 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The Keith Barry thing should be fun today. I hope they have the St. John's ambulance on standby and clean pants.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The Keith Barry thing should be fun today. I hope they have the St. John's ambulance on standby and clean pants.

Hopefully it'll be good radio! They've taken on a huge challenge for their first OB in the new slot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Looking forward to it. The show needed something like this

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Hopefully it'll be good radio! They've taken on a huge challenge for their first OB in the new slot!

I asked on twitter was it live " live" and he replied saying its 100% live. I think that there may be a small delay in case someone gets scared ****less.

I'm loving it already. The lads sound on dodgy ground already.

They're doing a good job of setting the scene for sure. Also, #newundies is one of the funniest hashtags ever!

• Advertisement

This should be fun

If that one listener was in bits after watching it on tv, what will she be like after a live one.

did kc just laugh and fart

KC sounds like he is genuinely unsure of what he has gotten himself into.

swiftman wrote: »
    did kc just laugh and fart

I'm sure I heard a fart. Nobody acknowledged it. Must have been Lenny messing

I have my doubts that this is real.

Course it's not real. There's no such thing as ghosts

Adelle getting the disclaimer in early about the swearing. It's good radio even if I don't believe it's real.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This is quality radio. :)

Gas. Group mentality at it's best

• Advertisement

This **** just got good!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭ofcork

How did it go after i found it dragging and turned off:(

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrettyPolly155

Today's show was class!! Proper terrifying! And when they interviewed that woman Bonnie who lives in the castle and she was talking about how her kids went missing a few times... Like, MOVE OUT BONNIE! It's haunted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Chris 80

I decided to give it a listen...cuz you were all going on about it ...Awful...Naff....Terrible. Why is edel there? Is she a producer or just someone who's justifying her existance? AWFUL RADIO. Do it at night time. I want that 15 mins back!!!!!!

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Adelle getting the disclaimer in early about the swearing. It's good radio even if I don't believe it's real.

Hi Edel! Adel, adell, whatever. Hi!

Chris 80 wrote: »
    Hi Edel! Adel, adell, whatever. Hi!

Does nobody read the forum charter anymore... jeez!
    Both pro- and anti- show opinions are equally welcome. Therefore, anyone who greets a post praising [Presenter X] with "Hi [Presenter X]" gets a one day ban - no exceptions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭ Anderson White Washcloth

Chris 80 wrote: »
    I decided to give it a listen...cuz you were all going on about it ...Awful...Naff....Terrible. Why is edel there? Is she a producer or just someone who's justifying her existance? AWFUL RADIO. Do it at night time. I want that 15 mins back!!!!!!

15 mins is hardly enough time too make a decision on a show now really...what did you hear in 15 mins?2links and 2 songs?
    Also KC is the resident dj every sat night in the new club voodoo rooms in Cork

Why is his Cork gig anything to do with the seance? I'm not having a pop at him. And the bit on the playback I heard wasn't all songs or ads. It was just weak. Sorry. He's not a bad presenter. But it ain't no Foley show. Us down the sticks have the nationals or our local radio to listen to. National just got kinda boring at lunchtime.

That guy from Royseven loves the sound of his own voice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Velocity_Girl

I really wish Phil Cawley would stop saying "It's PC here filling in for KC" makes me want to turn off the radio every time he says it.

Advertisement