Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

I like the Judge Judy! :P

Thanks, just needed to scream that out somewhere. I was two seconds away from calling him and saying some rather unpleasant things. That is not how I want to be remembered as a pregnant woman! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I whole heartedly agree with Judge Judy on this. And let me also say that sometimes, no matter how old they are, they can still be immature gits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I think Judge Judy has the wisdom that could help you today...... her theory of men and women is this....... Women mature faster, so at 21 you probably have the maturity level of a 27 year old. Men however have a four to six year lag on maturity. So if he is 21 that gives him the maturity level of about 15 to 17.

So a 21 year old woman is as mature as a 27 year old what? Woman? A 27 year old woman would have the maturity level of a 33 year old who has the maturity level of a 39 year old.

If all women are 6 years ahead then doesn't that mean that none of them are?

Judge judys logic is broken :D :P

Hacked, why is this your best friend? :confused: Pregnant woman do have a bit dose of the crazies but that doesn't explain why your friend is an ass.

i have no idea chet! I grew up, and he hasn't. What can ya do? sorry for the rant, my hormones seem to be rather violent these days.:eek:

How are CCL and baby Megan??:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭Chet T16

They're grand, doing really well. She rang this morning to say they were letting her home a day early but the snow is too bad to go get her :( Hopefully it clears by the morning!

• Advertisement

It's truly awful today! Really hope she can get home tomorrow. I'm sure she's dying to be back in her own bed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

I am 14 weeks today. I have seen smaller caravans than me.:eek:

On the plus side... only 26 weeks to go! Wohoo!

And please do not feel the need to apologize for your rants and moans in here. This is meant to be a sacred space for this.;)

Less than 7 for me :o

almost 8 for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Just under 7 weeks for me......scarey!!!

I ordered a few bits'n'pieces online and the breast pump arrived today, it looks quite intimidating to be sticking onto my funbags & plugging in :eek:

• Advertisement

I felt like a cow being milked the first few days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

SNOW!!!!! FFS!!!! I'm so tired of it!

I will be cooped up in the house again today and I am not risking trying to walk on that ice!

On the plus side, finally got my due date from the hospital. Just another 20 weeks to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

26 weeks for me too i think :) Dates keep changing :rolleyes:
    Todays the day i finally tell them in work..Its a small office and i dont want everyone knowing but i dont think that possible.Maybe they might move me to a less stressfull part ..Heres hoping eh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

I am 14 weeks today. I have seen smaller caravans than me.:eek:

LOL Target, had to share that one with the OH:D. He's running out of fat names to call me. He reckoned I was waddling in the supermarket yesterday and stood at the end of the aisle bursting himself laughing at me! With support like that....:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

So after cbyrd (who hopefully has had her little one) am I next on the due date shakedown? Less than 3 weeks of normal time remaining.

Sleeping is nearly impossible, walking and climbing stairs is no joke.

I'm just thanking my lucky stars I have no complications. The exercise ball is a brilliant invention!

I think there's one other before yourself Das Kitty and then maybe it's me :o

Still stuck inside again today :( went to put a bin out last night and nearly went on my ear again so deffo not chancing it!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

I think there's one other before yourself Das Kitty and then maybe it's me :o

Still stuck inside again today :( went to put a bin out last night and nearly went on my ear again so deffo not chancing it!
    When are you? I am 25 weeks at this stage but baby has a condition of too muck fluid around him which is scary and I know may cause him to be born very early (as well as other really nasty stuff).

Official date from hospital is 23rd Feb Cathy.

Praying that babs holds in there for you for as long as possible. x

Cathy, I know a girl who had the same condition and had a perfectly healthy full termer. In fact she was told that it probably happens in many more pregnancies than is detected in Ireland as it's only really spotted in people who are being monitored more for other reasons.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Cathy, I know a girl who had the same condition and had a perfectly healthy full termer. In fact she was told that it probably happens in many more pregnancies than is detected in Ireland as it's only really spotted in people who are being monitored more for other reasons.
    Thanks, is just scaring me a lot, our son is so wonderful but I worry about him the whole time.

• Advertisement

I'm 32 weeks now. So I think I might be after Adrieanne?

Cathy, how are you getting on? xx

hacked wrote: »
    I'm 32 weeks now. So I think I might be after Adrieanne?

Cathy, how are you getting on? xx
    In bed most of the time, still no iron,the gynaue wont give it...worried about the baby but totally in love with him...hate the clod weather.

How are you?

Suffering from severe cabin fever, but doing ok!! I feel twice in the last two days, but apart from a little hip pain, I'm feeling so much better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

So sick of this snow! we couldnt get out of the house most of today, our heating & water systems have both frozen. So glad baby isnt due for a few weeks yet, it'd be scarey the thoughts of trying to keep her warm when our house is like a fridge!

On the up side having the unexpected day off work today I was able to get the nursery ready, cot scrubbed, etc so feel very productive :)
    I'm just hoping I get a few more bursts of energy over the weekend so I can get the rest of the house tidied up :D

I'm due February 21st according to hospital & 4d scan, I'm so hoping they're both right and that baby will stay put for a few more weeks.

@deemark - I have an equally supportive partner, my husbands recent pet name for me is 'Mrs. Massive' - nice!:rolleyes: or sometimes he oinks at me when I'm trying to get up!

Though in fairness I was struggling to get up from sitting on the floor last weekend and did look a bit reminiscent of a sheep or a turtle that had rolled onto its back and couldnt get up :o

We've no water either caprilicious (just realised a few hours ago) heating seems to be working though.

I had a wee cry for myself because I am smelly. :o

Goodness I can't believe that I am going to ask this openly on boards but I need to know.... does anyone else think their pee smells funny when they are pregnant? I had the same thing all last time too and it's putting me off...stuff ....in case things aren't generally pleasant down there:eek:;):D

My washing machine (in the shed) thawed enough for hubby to get 3 loads done yesterday! Was so happy! DD spilt milk on the lovely cream carpet in the living room yesterday and it started to smell sour so I've decided to wash that tonight.

Oh and the dog has come in heat and smells just woeful. I sometimes feel like it would be easier to just move house than to tackle this place after a day at work!

On the plus side the council dropped off a load of grit at the local creamery and we all went with buckets and shovels and got enough to do outside our houses and I got enough to do outside the office for tomorrow. Poor little pensioners - I'm terrified they will break their hips and I will lose their business!

Can't say that I've noticed a different smell TargetWidow... although I haven't been trying! Is it sweeter by any chance? Will you be having a GTT??

I am not a happy person when I am woken up early. Some absolute plonker decided that 6.00am would be a good time to make a phone call. Jumped up out of bed thinking "something is after happening at home!" and answered the phone, "Hello, Hello, Hellooo??"

"Oh sorry love I must have the wrong number!"

"Yes, you must have!"

*hangs up and gets back into bed*

*phone starts ringing again*

"Hello???"

"Oh for Gods sake!!" says she on the other end and hangs up, no even apology!!!

Addison woke up then and was bright as a shiny button so guess who was up for the day!! I am now grumpy!

Adrieanne........Set your alarm for 4am and use the callback function to call her at an unearthly hour to see if she likes it!!!!~(Only kidding, I am such a goody two shoes in real life I would never actually do that but I would like to!)

Whats a GTT (pm if its mortifyingly embarrassing!)

Sorry to hear bout Addison waking like that. Its awful to have that last hour of sleep snatched away from you. Its one of the reasons I have to move DD into her own room in a week or two.... I keep waking for a piddle around 6 which is also DH gets in from work and DD is usually in a very light sleep. Often lie awake waiting for her to go into a deeper sleep rather than risk waking her by getting up to pee!Agony!:D

im thoroughly worn out today!! Baby is in a really odd position which has been startling by times. Still iced into the house, and wonering when i will get out.

Stressed that mothercare are going to do something with the buggy i bough over a week ago as i havent been able to get back to pick it up due to weather conditions.

Stressed that i am not getting anything i was supposed to done, and am totally unprepared.

Actually, im just really sleepy. But this lack of being able to do anything has this overwhelming guilt hanging over my head for no reason!

• Advertisement

Glucose Tollerance Test, nothing horrible! Just to test for gestational diabetes, was thinking if your urine is sweet smelling it could have something to do with it. Maybe mention it at first visit?

Addison usually sleeps in till 8am so I usually get a bit of a decent lie on but not this morning and it's showing. OH thinks I'm not talking to him but the truth is I just feel really emotional today for some weird reason and if I open my mouth I'm going to cry a river so feel it's best to kept shut up lol!!

And you still haven't moved herself out of the room! I think you may just be too attached at this stage ;) I remember you telling me months ago that you were moving her in the next week ;) !!

hacked, ring mothercare and just make sure they haven't sold it or anything!! Was going to buy a tandem (thank god I didn't as I've changed my mind anyways!) in Smyths two weeks ago and asked about collection. They don't hold items there, only do deliveries and it costs €25. I'd rather wait until himself could come collect it in the car than pay that!!

Advertisement