Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How Can I Make Friends Now?? (Galway)

• 26-07-2014 2:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

I'm 26 years old and I'm 22 weeks pregnant and I have no more friends in Galway. I have people I can kinda chat to but no one I can go do stuff with and it's making me so sad. Is there any way I can somehow make friends even though I'm pregnant?
    No pregnancy yoga though. No classes suit my work hours. I went to one and no one talked to anyone! I would just love to have people to go do stuff with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I'm 26 years old and I'm 22 weeks pregnant and I have no more friends in Galway. I have people I can kinda chat to but no one I can go do stuff with and it's making me so sad. Is there any way I can somehow make friends even though I'm pregnant?
    No pregnancy yoga though. No classes suit my work hours. I went to one and no one talked to anyone! I would just love to have people to go do stuff with.

I don't know Galway but when the babies born I bet there are mother and baby group in your area. There are also breastfeeding groups; ciudiu and le leche league.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Your free antenatal classes should be starting shortly, you may be able to meet fellow moms to be there. Just try striking up a conversation asking about their pregnancy and what they have experienced so far, and you may find some common ground.

Maybe after a couple chats, try to arrange an outing like, "oh, I really want to get / look into x, y, & z for the baby, would you like to come with and we can get lunch?"

• Registered Users Posts: 8 catbradleyyoga

I am so sorry you feel that way, Galway is a great city. I know when i originally moved to Westmeath i was in a similar situation to your's, i was heavily pregnant and found it hard to make new friends, any friends i met then are still my friends now. However you do need to be brave and put yourself out there to make friends, join a fitness class, not a gym as no one talks to you there either :) But i know in Mullingar they do pregnancy TRX and im sure there are similar classes in Galway that would suit your schedule. Fitness classes are a great way of meeting poeple but i promise as soon as your baby is born and going to playgroups and the like you will meet new moms in no time at all, but relax and enjoy this precious time in your life, you will meet new friends when you least expect it. Best wishes for the remainder of your pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Could try posting in the Galway forum? You'd never know

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dizzymiss

You don't have to wait until baby is born to attend mother/baby groups. I went to one whilst pregnant and they welcome pregnant women. Met some nice people.

• Advertisement
Advertisement