Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How much is my VW Golf worth

• 27-05-2013 10:49am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 357 ✭✭

Hi all

I am going to sell my car privately shorty and I am wondering how much it is worth.

It is a VW Golf 2002 - 1.6 16v 3 door. 120k miles. Highline model (high spec), Blue.

It is in great condition. Driving perfectly. NCT just done and passed first time.

Original alloys, aircon, sport seats etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 357 ✭✭ballygowan1

I was thinking around that.

Certainly should get more than a 1.4 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,364 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

€1750?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭BGozIE

Hi all

I am going to sell my car privately shorty and I am wondering how much it is worth.

It is a VW Golf 2002 - 1.6 16v 3 door. 120k miles. Highline model (high spec), Blue.

It is in great condition. Driving perfectly. NCT just done and passed first time.

Original alloys, aircon, sport seats etc.

Thanks

It has aircon alright, but does it work? :p

They have to be re-gassed every so many years, definitely if its 11 years old it has to be.

But ye I'd say around 2k, seller always knows what price they want and prices accordingly (allowing for haggle) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

2k for an 11year old golf?

I sold mine (02 petrol 1.4 110k) this time last year for 1500,and bought an 06 1.4 golf for 5000.
    You would be doing very well to get over 1500

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

Seeing as Gti's are going for next to nothing and do great mpg, 2500 is the top price for one maybw a small bit more for the 180s, so I would go off them and deduct 300 euro or so to appeal to people. Id say 1800 max for a very clean example of a 1.6.

• Advertisement

L5 wrote: »
    2k for an 11year old golf?

I sold mine (02 petrol 1.4 110k) this time last year for 1500,and bought an 06 1.4 golf for 5000.
    You would be doing very well to get over 1500

Usually the 1.4 golfs make a lot less. What spec was yours?

BGozIE wrote: »
    It has aircon alright, but does it work? :p

They have to be re-gassed every so many years, definitely if its 11 years old it has to be.

But ye I'd say around 2k, seller always knows what price they want and prices accordingly (allowing for haggle) :)

I got the aircon seviced last year so it should be fine.

If I get the 2k I will be happy.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

My cousin sold his 02 1.4 (no aircon) for €2250 earlier in the year. It had some 17inch alloys and a new NCT.

Yawlboy wrote: »
    My cousin sold his 02 1.4 (no aircon) for €2250 earlier in the year. It had some 17inch alloys and a new NCT.

Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Fibb

i sold an 01 gti for 2450 last year. I'm lazy and sold it cheap. but its probably an upper bound for you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement