Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Euro 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Dempsey wrote: »
    We should compile a list of players that would satisfy the "For every 5 recovered balls (the total of clearances completed and gaining possession tackles)" rule. I suppose the friendlies before the tournament will be keenly watched

this is all part of my plan :cool: i won't be revealing any information though :cool: read what you will from my squad selection :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

first draft

526210_10151133217404968_738699967_13424169_1713162196_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

carlcon wrote: »
    Decided to spend half my lunchtime putting a team together. A couple of dodgy choices who I'm not sure will start, but plenty of time to make changes. Looking forward to finding out who Hodgson puts in his first XI, particularly at RB. Walker, Jones, and Smalling all seem a decent price at 5.5. No doubt I'll take a punt on one of those. Also think I'll only play Given for the first game, then Aakinfeev can play when we play Spain (and maybe also Italy).

For now:
    EV6qN.png

Puyol is out for the Euros AFAIK. I'd check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Forgot that you can play 2 at the back in this game!

Dempsey wrote: »
    Forgot that you can play 2 at the back in this game!

The creator must have a soft spot for Keegan's Newcastle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Bazsul

Ok so I signed up to this earlier in the week and log in through my Facebook account...but i cant seem to pick my squad! When I go into "Squad Selection" it is completely blank and I cant see any players!! Did anybody else get this?? Wats the story??

Bazsul wrote: »
    Ok so I signed up to this earlier in the week and log in through my Facebook account...but i cant seem to pick my squad! When I go into "Squad Selection" it is completely blank and I cant see any players!! Did anybody else get this?? Wats the story??

the site's a bit temperemantal tbh. The only browser that works for me on mobile is the stock android browser, other than that if you have a windows p.c., i'd suggest trying one of the browsers on that, i don't recall having problems when i logged in on my p.c.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bazsul

manual_man wrote: »
    the site's a bit temperemantal tbh. The only browser that works for me on mobile is the stock android browser, other than that if you have a windows p.c., i'd suggest trying one of the browsers on that, i don't recall having problems when i logged in on my p.c.

Just picked my team on my Android phones browser..I think my PC is having problems with the Java interface on the Squad Selection page...Cheers for that manual_man!

Bazsul wrote: »

Just picked my team on my Android phones browser..I think my PC is having problems with the Java interface on the Squad Selection page...Cheers for that manual_man!

No worries!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Joined up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,693 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Joined both the standard and H2H leagues there.

H2H is probably a waste of time really.. unlimited numbers and 3 group games against random opponents before the top 8 go through to the knockout stage. I'd rather extend the group phase to 4 or 5 games and have just a final or a semi and final.

The alternative to unlimited numbers in a H2H is a max limit of 6.. so that's obviously not an option here.

I think Ozil and Sneijder are both must-haves for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Is Llorente first choice for Spain with Villa likely to miss out or not be fully fit?

rStuck on my front line,Nani,Llorente and Wellbeck are my current 3........any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

I've made a team based almost entirely on performances in EC Qualifiers.

3vljd.png

What I'm going to do is keep this as my template, then edit accordingly after the friendlies are done.

Welbeck obviously isn't there on merit, he's just a cheap Rooney replacement. Then Badstuber is there because he played almost every game, while Boateng only started one. Not sure if that was an injury thing or not, but I'm sure I'll learn.

Unfamiliar names:
    Kadlec: 4 goals in qualifying from defence is always worth noticing.
    Jacobsen: Denmark topped their group, and he's first choice in their defence. At 4.5, a nice bench warmer just in case.
    Strinic: Again, at 4m, a nice bench warmer who plays.
    Lustig for Sweden is another option @ 4.5, who will probably replace one of the above when if I find someone to being in instead of Ibrahimovic.

Dzagoev in the Russian midfield could do some damage in a weak group. 4 goals in Qualifiers.
    Plasil @ 6.5 is another potential midfield threat in a weak-ish group. Scored a couple in qualifiers. Although he's one of the first people I'll be looking to replace.

And that's how a spent a lazy 2 hours while I listened to York get promoted into the football league. :D

thought this might be handy

http://au.eurosport.com/football/euro-2012/2012/euro-2012-warm-ups_sto3275012/story.shtml

a list of all the pre-tournament friendlies...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

my possible ones to watch......

GROUP A

Poland

Wojciech Szczesy
    Lukasz Piszczek
    Damien Perquis
    Eugen Polanski
    Jakub Blaszczykowski

Czech Republic

Petr Cech
    Michal Kadlec
    Jaroslav Plasil
    Jan Rezek
    Milan Baros

Greece

Kyriakos Papadopoulos
    Avraam Papadopoulos
    Vassilis Torossidis
    Giannis Fetfatzidis
    Giorgos Samaras

Russia

Igor Akinfeev
    Vasili Berezutski
    Sergei Ignashevich
    Aleksandr Anyukov
    Yury Zhirkov
    Alan Dzagoev
    Roman Shirokov
    Roman Pavlyuchenko
    Pavel Pogrebnyak
    Andrey Arshavin
    (pretty much the whole russian team)

GROUP B

Netherlands

Gregory Van Der Wiel
    Wesley Sneijder
    Rafael Van Der Vaart
    Robin Van Persie
    Arjen Robben
    Klass jan Huntelaar

Denmark

Christian Eriksen
    Nicklas Bendter

Germany

Manuel Neuer
    Philipp Lahm
    Per Mertesacker
    Mesut Ozil
    Bastian Schweinsteiger
    Toni Kroos
    Mario Gotze
    Mario Gomez
    Thomas Muller
    Lukas Podolski
    Miroslov Klose
    (pretty much the german team)

Portugal

Fabio Coentrao
    Nani
    Cristiano Ronaldo

GROUP C

Spain

Iker Casillas
    Jordi Alba
    Sergio Ramos
    Andres Iniesta
    Xavi
    Cesc Fabregas
    Juan Mata
    David Silva
    Fernando Llorente
    (any spanish forward)

Italy

Gigi Buffon
    Christian Maggio
    Giorgio Chiellini
    Leanardo Bonucci
    Andrea Barzagli
    Andrea Pirlo
    Claudio Marchisio
    Ricardo Montolivo
    Mario Balotelli
    Antonio De Natale

Croatia

Stipe Pletikosa
    Dejan Lovern
    Ivan Strinic
    Luka Modric
    Mario Mandzukic
    Ivica Olic
    Eduardo
    Nikica Jelavic

Ireland

Shay Given
    Stephen Ward
    Aiden McGeady
    Damien Duff
    Robbie Keane

GROUP D

France

Hugo Lloris
    Patrice Evra
    Mathieu Debuchy
    Franck Ribery
    Samir Nasri
    Mathieu Valbuena
    Karim Benzema

England

Ashley Cole
    John Terry
    Glen Johnson
    Steven Gerrard
    Ashley Young
    Theo Walcott

Ukraine

Dymtro Chygrnskiy
    Andriy Yarmolenko
    Andriy Shevchenko

Sweden

Martin Olsson
    Jonas Olsson
    Andreas Granqvist
    Sebastian Larsson
    Ramus Elm
    Zlatan Ibranhimovic
    Johan Elmander

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

I've gone for..

Akinfeev - Given

Poulsen - Rami - Ward - Alba - Strincic

Blaszczykowski - Yarmolenko - Dzagoev - Mandzukic - Ozil

Podolski - Ibrahimovic - Lewandowski

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

gotta have a Russian in the team to rack up points while they stroll group A! All about Dzagoev, was injured and missed last few weeks of season but is a real talent and scores from midfield!

picked a team there, tis tough trying to get the right balance! think Benzema is decent price as I fancy France to make the semi's.

essential to pick at least two germans, tough to pick the right ones out but atm I have Lahm & Gomez! ozil is one of the most selected players also and Gótze could be worth a gamble

surprised there isnt more posts for fantasy football even if it is still a few weeks away!

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

My very first draft. Reckon the two fav's, Spain & Germany, will perform. Think France will top their group and make a serious push for the final. Group B is mouthwatering.

Lloris
    Cole
    van der Wiel
    Lahm
    Xavi
    Dzagoev
    Nigel de Jong
    Polański
    Benzema
    Llorente
    Gomez

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Anybody have any idea who will start in defence for Poland? With Greece first, I reckon they will get some points.

Likewise, who will be in goal for Russia? Akinfeev started 6 qualification games but missed four.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Anybody have any idea who will start in defence for Poland? With Greece first, I reckon they will get some points.

Likewise, who will be in goal for Russia? Akinfeev started 6 qualification games but missed four.

I'd be very surprised if Akinfeev doesn't start, he's very much the number 1 when fit. Not so sure about Poland tho they have 2 friendlies this week which should shed more light on probable line up against Greece.

Are we gonna have a thread here for friendly match-days? I know it's technically not a fantasy thing, but it wouldn't be a terrible idea to share what we see and discuss line-ups.

David Villa officially declared not fit for the Spain squad. Llorente bound to be in most teams now.

David Villa officially declared not fit for the Spain squad. Llorente bound to be in most teams now.

Some news for Ireland! A 0-0 draw is still well on the cards :)

FatRat wrote: »

Some news for Ireland! A 0-0 draw is still well on the cards :)

Dunnie will shackle big Fernando not a bother :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

This is my first venture into Fantasy Football since the year it started and it had to be done by phone, think it was the Irish Indo that did it...Jesus the frustration of calling out the names and punching in numbers .."i'm sorry, i didn't hear that!"-anyone remeber that annoying computer voice? :)

Anyway, i'v taken a keen interest in this one. Dzagoev (Russia) is just a little too pricey for my liking-would have liked to get him in but you can't have it all. Have Shirokev in Midfield though who has played a lot. As there are some teams whose regular line ups i'm unfamiliar with i'm just going by appearances in the Qualifiers....would be handy to know what any Poles and Russians think will be their first 11! ;)

Going for defenders that will be more likely to keep a clean sheet...Russian, German and the like. Very hard to call the group of death, feels criminal to leave Van Persie out (or Huntelaar instead arguably) but goals won't be easy to come by v Germany and Portugal. RVP, Zlatan and Lewandowski for me up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Anyone interested in doing a league for the game below? A bit different from other fantasy games in that there is an auction to buy the players so only one of us will have Ronaldo, Van Persie etc etc.

seems like it could be fun, need a minimum of five players

http://www.fantasyleague.com/Default.aspx

League Name: Boards.ie
    League Code: 43962

Anyone interested in doing a league for the game below? A bit different from other fantasy games in that there is an auction to buy the players so only one of us will have Ronaldo, Van Persie etc etc.

seems like it could be fun, need a minimum of five players

http://www.fantasyleague.com/Default.aspx

League Name: Boards.ie
    League Code: 43962

Count me in

Applied there Team CATINTHESACK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Count me in

great, 3 more needed. Can anyone interested post their team name just so I know who is who? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

great, 3 more needed. Can anyone interested post their team name just so I know who is who? Thanks

just joined there, team is called itsallfunandgames - Copperpipe

Advertisement