Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got to Dance

• 03-01-2012 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

Anyone watching Got to Dancce on Sky? My GF got me onto it last year, I'm normally not a fan of dance shows but I LOVE this one! There was a group on last night doing modern Irish dance, holy crap they were amazing! (Ignore the truly HORRENDOUS name...)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

im watching it, im totally blown away by the contemporary dancers and the grace with which they can move, like the girl in the yellow dress last night who even though she had scoliosis was amazingly flexible, and the height she got in her split scissors kick! inspirational stuff!

i've yet to see an auditionee produce a performance like emily crow from the first series, truly took my breath away, even now still chokes me up with amazement when i watched the youtube clip there-

2:20 into the clip:

truly enchanting, incredible performance! :)

just watching this on sky2 now as i missed it sunday, something very 'avatar'esque' about 'fear of the unknown', crisp performance and clean lines, but i expected more from the dance company that produced 'the box', especially their performance they did in the final, i hope to see more from this generation as the competition progresses though, i just wasnt moved my that audition performance... :(

EDIT: not normally a fan of street dance, but 'antics' - wow! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

The level of talent on this show is really high. There are less useless weirdos on it than BGT & X-Factor and a higher percentage of decent acts.

Prodijig were great. They did manage to make Irish dancing cool.
    I thought Fear Of The Unknown were very good. It was like something you'd expect to see in a West End show, it looked so professional.

Antics were very good too. I liked the segment leading up to their audition, with all the excuses "We've only been dancing together for 5 years" etc. :pac:
    Then they come out, after being together 3 months & practicing in a garden a few times, and did a really good routine.

My favourite audition so far though was FMC from Dublin. He wasn't the best dancer in the competition but definitely has some moves.
    It was just his personally & enthusiasm that made it. It just went out and gave it loads.

Just seen this clip on youtube.
    Not sure if it was on tv or not yet? Maybe I missed a part of an episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMzFpk91byE&t=1m15s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Does anyone know anywhere online you can watch the new series?
    The sky1 site won't let you unless you pay :(

• Advertisement

Does anyone know anywhere online you can watch the new series?
    The sky1 site won't let you unless you pay :(

I presume you're not a Sky customer? It's free to watch on Sky Player if you are.
    If you have any friends/family with Sky they can get a username/password for it.

All the good auditions are on their Youtube channel anyway. Without all the soppy intros & Davina's chats with family & friends.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/GotToDanceSky1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

Anyone watching the live semi-finals tonight?

Love the way they don't drag the show on like they do with other talent shows. Looking forward to some great dancing tonight!

God but Davina irritates me.

Chuck, fantastic athleticism but have to agree with the judges earlier opinions that there's not enough dancing in the routine. Another show perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Chuck was :eek: Moves like Jagger is right :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

He was fantastic in what he does, but is it dancing?

Prodijig smashed it again tonight. Can't wait to see what they do in the final.
    I think Ashley was right about the music choice though. I think something harder suits them better. Something like Daft Punk could be really good.
    But they were still easily the best tonight & my favourite audition by a long way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Oh man, something from Daft Punk for Prodijig would be awesome. I was surprised the 2 little kids got through rather than Bendy Kate (stupid name but amazing skill). Then again little kids dancing creeps me out... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Yeah, I was hoping Bendy Kate would get through - all 3 of her routines were amazing. :)

constant dancing to beyonce's "who runs the world" has quite literally ruined this season's got to dance for me, i mean, there's only so many times you can hear one song, and kinberly's constant "girls throwin' down" comment, really turned me off this series and unfortunately i know it's made me miss out on some fantastic dancers... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just to bring this up to date, delighted for Prodijig. Watched it all day today, and they were the best throughout it, and well deserved the win. Fantastic stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Just to bring this up to date, delighted for Prodijig. Watched it all day today, and they were the best throughout it, and well deserved the win. Fantastic stuff!

Delighted for them - their lead dancer is from up the road from me - don't know him or anything but he's from my area so it's great to see!

spoilers woulda been nice, lol, i hadn't watched it yet as i was watching dancing on ice, but it was good too that they had a group win it this year as well as the fact it wasnt a kid, not to take from akai last year but the cutesy kids like sweet surprise (as undoubtedly talented as she is), it's just too much for them and the 250k goes a lot more deserving to a group that'll make a lot more use of it and are committed to it as a career as opposed to just a talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Anyone else have problems calling the number for vote?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Prodijig have been crowned winners of Got To Dance 2012 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 blueruin

H8GHOTI wrote: »

My favourite audition so far though was FMC from Dublin. He wasn't the best dancer in the competition but definitely has some moves.
    It was just his personally & enthusiasm that made it. It just went out and gave it loads.

He was on the late late the other day. The guy is incredibly likeable. He's just so frickin' nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Prodijig are in the Olympia in Dublin tomorrow night, if anyone wants a ticket let me know!

• Advertisement
Advertisement