Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Maynooth Montessori/Playschool

Options
  • 24-03-2015 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey folks just looking for opinions on all the different facilities in Maynooth, I was considering Tiddlywinks & Scallywags but have heard some undesirable things like isolating for negative behaviour and using a whistle to get children's attention which is everything I am not looking for, we practice gentle parenting and would like to find a Montessori/Playschool suitable to our needs, obviously I am not under any impression that we will find one that meets all our needs but for me isolation is a big big no no!! Any words or wisdom or just opinions and reviews of the local facilities would be great thanks so much!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would highly recommend Tiddlywinks and Scallywags.
    I sent 2 of mine there and the 3rd will be going in Sept.
    It has a lovely atmosphere,the teachers appear to love their jobs .
    They do not use a whistle nor do they practice isolation for negative behaviour.

2 of mine also went to the Naíonra but there is a long waiting list for it now.

Have a look around at each of them and get a feel for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 GentleMommy

Thanks Moonbeam, scary stuff all of this, she is my only child and first time I have had to do all this responsible stuff like choosing montessori/schools! I am certainly going to visit a few of the different places but I feel that they are going to tell you exactly what you want to hear when there, I would be devastated to hear she had been disciplined in a non gentle way!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

From my experience with them and my kids they are very kind with their discipline.
    Have you looked at primary school in the area yet?

That's great to hear Moonbeam thank you. Yes we are going to be sending her to Presentation Girls School we live about 20-30 min walk from gael scoil and educate together and neither of us drive so it would be an awful long walk for little legs! Do you have any advice/experience re the primary schools??

That's great to hear Moonbeam thank you. Yes we are going to be sending her to Presentation Girls School we live about 20-30 min walk from gael scoil and educate together and neither of us drive so it would be an awful long walk for little legs! Do you have any advice/experience re the primary schools??

I do :)
    All mine will go to the Gaelscoil ,I was really fussy about primary schools . I only asked to see if you knew about the massive waiting lists for the educate together and Gaelscoil .

• Advertisement

Oh I know have heard from other about waiting lists in them! I'm happy to have her in Girls school though, they have said no waiting list either so that's a relief! It feels like she was only born last week and Im already thinking about schools aaaaggghhhh!!!!!

Advertisement