Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

June 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭ariana`

Must pick up some EPO tomorrow to go with my raspberry leaf tea, dates and pineapple cocktail! Have bouncing away on the ball too, it's actually comfort to sit on it than anywhere else at the moment. Baby was lower this week but still not low enough... Internals really are rather uncomfortable but wouldn't mind if it sped things up!

LOL sounds like you're covering all the bases angeldelight!!

I love bouncing on the ball too, it's the most comfy place to be by 8/9o'c at night after a day sitting at an office desk. I never heard of the dates or pineapple cocktail - i'll have to consult Dr. Google but time enough at 36/37 weeks i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Dates are good for ripening the cervix and keeping the bowels moving but contain LOTS of sugar which babies love and gain weight from!!!

The flesh of the pineapple wont do much, you have to eat only the core!

babycentre.co.uk have a few pages with info on these things.

tfak85 wrote: »
    Dates are good for ripening the cervix and keeping the bowels moving but contain LOTS of sugar which babies love and gain weight from!!!

I think my baby is going to be a monster so based on this, i've craved fruit for this whole pregnancy. Every time i open the fridge door i throw a couple of grapes/blueberries/cherry tomatoes into my mouth :rolleyes: That and scones have been my two big eats this pregnancy :p

On my last pregnancy it was crisps, i had a bag (or 2) every day :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Blueberries are a low sugar fruit, cherry toms wouldn't be that bad either! Grapes are high in sugar, if the bump is measuring to dates I wouldn't worry over it one bit!

I drink water with lemons and limes in it all the time, hoping there's not lots of sugar in that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

Angel delight how you doing today?

I don't have any cravings. But I'm enjoying bits of everything I must say! Actually think I'll use up the ends of my fruit and make a fruit cocktail now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Bump has dropped noticeably since yesterday morning. While I know that doesn't mean anything brain just decides to run away with itself! Have been out and bought evening primrose oil capsules too, in case ye can't tell I'm not the most patient of people :D

Loving this weather though, just wish we had a garden so I could sit out in it!

Bump has dropped noticeably since yesterday morning. While I know that doesn't mean anything brain just decides to run away with itself! Have been out and bought evening primrose oil capsules too, in case ye can't tell I'm not the most patient of people :D

Loving this weather though, just wish we had a garden so I could sit out in it!
    Oh i don't blame you, i'll be doing everything imaginable in another 5-6 weeks time. On my 1st i had an apt the day before my due date the consultant couldn't do a sweep cos i wasn't favourable, he basically told me to go home and jump on my hubby :eek: at first i thought he was mad but sure enough when i googled it there is some science behind it so i complied, ok it wasn't the most enjoyable event of that nature ever :o but sure enough contractions started a few hours later ;) coincidence or not we'll never know :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I initially thought I'd like a 2 year gap between kids but if I had SPD like this on a subsequent pregnancy I actually physically couldn't run after a toddler. I can't even put myself to bed by evening time! So think it'll be a bigger gap so they are old enough to have a bit more sense

I didn't have anything like that in the last pregnancy so I was so annoyed when I developed pelvic problems around 8-10 weeks this time. I've been seeing a Physio since about 10-12 weeks. A lot of the time I've been held together by Physio, Pilates, my serola belt, tubi grip and tape! It's been hard between work and running around after a mad, active little girl but you get by. My husband is hugely hands on, always has been, which helps. I think the idea of leaving it three or four years then facing back into sickness, pain and then the sleepless nights would be harder for me! Am having a bit of a good spell pain wise at the moment so making the most of being fun mama again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

ariana` wrote: »
    Oh i don't blame you, i'll be doing everything imaginable in another 5-6 weeks time. On my 1st i had an apt the day before my due date the consultant couldn't do a sweep cos i wasn't favourable, he basically told me to go home and jump on my hubby :eek: at first i thought he was mad but sure enough when i googled it there is some science behind it so i complied, ok it wasn't the most enjoyable event of that nature ever :o but sure enough contractions started a few hours later ;) coincidence or not we'll never know :p

My consultant recommended that to me at about 5 days over, wasn't even remotely favourable. 'Sealed up like a drum' were his words I think. No joy in our case. She still had to be evicted 5 days later :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

Angel delight I think if I was as close as you are id be hanging onto everything and trying everything too :D I do like Ariana's suggestion though and I've heard that one a few times too!!

I'm actually just hoping I can follow my sisters and my mams pattern... They either went on time or early on all their pregnancies so fingers crossed I don't break the mould :D

• Advertisement

Allirog wrote: »
    Angel delight I think if I was as close as you are id be hanging onto everything and trying everything too :D I do like Ariana's suggestion though and I've heard that one a few times too!!

I'm actually just hoping I can follow my sisters and my mams pattern... They either went on time or early on all their pregnancies so fingers crossed I don't break the mould :D

I've heard there's a genetic link so you've a good chance. I was pretty much on time with the others for fingers crossed for the same again too. On my 1st i remember waking up on my due date feeling quite deflated to be still pregnant but contractions started that afternoon so it was grand really :)

I had a rotten night's sleep again. Heartburn & restless legs. And after eventually getting to sleep the leg cramps started, i had 3 last night, that's the most i've had, 2 in the same muscle, ouch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

My mum went slightly early on both me and my brother and I went a week early last time. I'm hoping that bodes well but trying not to rely on it!

I have just over 5 weeks to go and I'm so fed up of being pregnant. I'm a pukahontas this morning - trust my sickness to come back in full force near the end! Just get this baby out :)

That sounds horrible about the leg cramps - so cruel that pregnancy disturbs your sleep really, isn't it?!

Woshy wrote: »
    My mum went slightly early on both me and my brother and I went a week early last time. I'm hoping that bodes well but trying not to rely on it!

I have just over 5 weeks to go and I'm so fed up of being pregnant. I'm a pukahontas this morning - trust my sickness to come back in full force near the end! Just get this baby out :)

That sounds horrible about the leg cramps - so cruel that pregnancy disturbs your sleep really, isn't it?!

That's crap that your sickness is back, you've hardly had a break at all you poor thing. I'm so fed up now as well, i've been doing so good really that i shouldn't complain but i'm just so so so tired this week & feeling sorry for myself. I can cope another few weeks while it's in baby's interests but by 37/38 weeks i'll be pulling out all the stops to get things moving whether it'll do any good or not :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Sorry to hear your sick again woshy :( your getting sometime of it :( how many weeks are you now?
    Just was also wondering how to I get added to the Facebook group?

I'm 35 weeks on Friday. It's ridiculous!

To get added to the group send me a pm and I'll get you sorted :)

I'm 35 weeks on Friday. It's ridiculous!

To get added to the group send me a pm and I'll get you sorted :)

WOW 35 weeks!! It's mad i'm less than a full week behind you Woshy but it always just sounds like you're so far ahead, i'm very jealous of those 6 days :p

I like to round up to make myself feel better. 35 weeks on Friday sounds so much better than 34+5 :D

I'm being a bad mammy today - letting the baba eat crisps and watch Peppa in bed with me so I can lie down :)

I like to round up to make myself feel better. 35 weeks on Friday sounds so much better than 34+5 :D

I'm being a bad mammy today - letting the baba eat crisps and watch Peppa in bed with me so I can lie down :)

Well if you can't be a bad mammy when you're 35 weeks pregnant and STILL suffering sicknesses i don't know when you can be, you are well justified ;)

Thanks - that does make me feel better! My Dad said to bring him over to him whenever I want but that would involve getting dressed and changing him out of his babygro. I need to work up to it! Thank god I'm not at work. You must be getting desperate to finish up Ariana!

He's only thrilled with himself anyway and I'm getting lovely cuddles and kisses :)

Thanks - that does make me feel better! My Dad said to bring him over to him whenever I want but that would involve getting dressed and changing him out of his babygro. I need to work up to it! Thank god I'm not at work. You must be getting desperate to finish up Ariana!

He's only thrilled with himself anyway and I'm getting lovely cuddles and kisses :)

Awwww enjoy those cuddles. They won't last forever. My 2 yo is great for cuddles and kisses but my 5 yo OMG no time for them at all he's far too cool :(

I'm due 6 weeks tomorrow and finishing work 4 weeks on Friday :rolleyes: So it still feels a long time to go in work. There's the bank holiday and i'll have a couple of appointments to break up the weeks so hopefully they won't be long going but if this week is anything to go by they'll drag on forever :rolleyes:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

You got me wanting crisps now woshy :)

It makes me sad to think one day he'll be too cool for cuddles. He's lovely and cuddly now but very busy at the same time :)

The crisps are now all gone. He was eating Pom bears which are his favourite and he practically inhaled them!

I remember breaking down the weeks at work like that last time Ariana - anything to make you feel better!

Thank crunchy it's Friday! How's everyone since? I'm exhausted - not sleeping great at all. 2yr old is cutting his canines on top of RLS, Cramps, HB etc Oh the joys of it. Never so glad to see Friday come. Only 4 more weeks in work and one is a 4 day week, yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fifi_123

Hooray for Friday!! Feeling knackered after a busy week at work. 33 weeks now and only have 4 more weeks at work. Was in for a check up this morning as bump had been measuring a little bit small. Turns out the bump is all baby and already weighing in at 5lbs!

4 weeks left in work will fly by I'd say - we really are all getting there :)

Sounds like there's a few of us finishing work the same day. It totally will fly. I didn't think it 2-3 days ago but today i'm feeling a lot more positive! And looking through my diary i've an antenatal check-up in 3 of the 4 weeks left in work, and the only week i won't have a check-up there's a bank holiday.

Fifi glad to hear the baby is measuring fine again. I've been told big, small & average on this pregnancy so now it goes in one ear and out the other :rolleyes:

Woshy how are you feeling now?

I was feeling great yesterday, then this morning I was up puking from 5.30am. Grr! I'm ok now, just going for a lie-down :)

Great that's there's a bank holiday soon, that'll really help your time at work go quicker! I am a bit concerned about the June one though. The mini marathon is on so loads of roads around holles St will be closed off and it's 3 days after my due date!

I was feeling great yesterday, then this morning I was up puking from 5.30am. Grr! I'm ok now, just going for a lie-down :)

Great that's there's a bank holiday soon, that'll really help your time at work go quicker! I am a bit concerned about the June one though. The mini marathon is on so loads of roads around holles St will be closed off and it's 3 days after my due date!

OMG can't believe you're still puking at 35 weeks :( You poor girl. Seems very cruel. You'll be well happy to evacuate this baby. Does it go away straight after?

Hopefully you'll have your baby by the June BH Mon seeing as you went a week early last time. Is there a way around the road blocks? We live up to an hr from the hospital depending on time of day and last time my hubby was suggesting driving on the footpaths to get past jams :eek: thankfully we didn't need too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Oooh I never thought about the mini marathon....actually thought that day would be perfect to go into labour cause bank hol Mondays are usually quiet in the city...ha how wrong I was. I'm due on the 31st may it would be just my luck to go in that day...where would we even park. It's mental around there on mini marathon day :-o

• Advertisement

Blingy wrote: »
    Oooh I never thought about the mini marathon....actually thought that day would be perfect to go into labour cause bank hol Mondays are usually quiet in the city...ha how wrong I was. I'm due on the 31st may it would be just my luck to go in that day...where would we even park. It's mental around there on mini marathon day :-o

It doesn't bear thinking about! I think the bottom way is all open, like coming down from the treasury building and Pearce St but I'd be worried the parking would be taken too. Maybe a taxi would be the best option if you go into labour that day?

Advertisement