Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

October 2013 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 chicita

Glad everything is ok Madisson, that must have been very nerve wracking for you.

Oh I am the same girls. Only 5+5 and I am very bloated. I have to leave my button open on my work trousers! I am not eating loads though, I actually don't have much of an appetite at all but making myself eat anyway. I am drinking lots though and I cannot get enough sparkling water so maybe thats causing some of the bloating. That and the constipation!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm as weak as a kitten and all shaky today, BUT... I'm not nauseous so I feel like a million dollars. :D

Welcome new people!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I'm as weak as a kitten and all shaky today, BUT... I'm not nauseous so I feel like a million dollars. :D

Welcome new people!

Are you eating enough? If you've been ill, you might not have been getting enough in. Have some grub while the goings good!!

nikpmup wrote: »
    Are you eating enough? If you've been ill, you might not have been getting enough in. Have some grub while the goings good!!

Trust me, I'm eating for at least 3! Just one of those things.

God, me too. Glad it's not just me! I was 11st 6lbs about three weeks ago - I'm 12st now, and my jeans and work trousers are ti-ight!! Hope I level out! I've had no nausea at all, just constant hunger!

On another note, I'm an emotional wreck! Concern ads on the telly make me cry, a minor quibble with my OH about tidying caused me to have to abandon the kitchen and sit and weep for ten minutes....WTF?! We're not terrifically well designed for this pregnancy lark!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

nikpmup wrote: »
    God, me too. Glad it's not just me! I was 11st 6lbs about three weeks ago - I'm 12st now, and my jeans and work trousers are ti-ight!! Hope I level out! I've had no nausea at all, just constant hunger!

On another note, I'm an emotional wreck! Concern ads on the telly make me cry, a minor quibble with my OH about tidying caused me to have to abandon the kitchen and sit and weep for ten minutes....WTF?! We're not terrifically well designed for this pregnancy lark!!

I was 11 stone and now 11 stone 6... Cannot stop eating!!! Enjoying the eating now but in 7 months im sure ill be kicking myself haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Im finding it difficult to eat more than fruit and cereal. Eating buckets of bananas. Having a sandwich for my dinner most nights, can't stomach hot food or any meat, bar thin slices. Haven't gotten sick once tho, and Im 9 weeks and 3 days so hopefully I'll escape the dreaded puking. Never thought I'd be wanting to put on weight but I've lost about 4 pounds since becoming pregnant (although it feels like ive gained the same in my chest - wearing a bra at night now) and feeling a bit drawn, so hoping that will start changing by the end of the first trimester.

Have to say week 9 is when the excitement is really kicking in for me. Boldly bought a lovely green corduroy Mei Tai sling for only €30 on ebay yesterday after seeing a link to it in another post. Didn't think I'd buy something so early but god it felt good to spend that money!

Got a prenatal Pilates dvd (10 minute Solutions - already have the normal Pilates one and they are excellent) and already imaging the birth. I've even picked out the CD I want to push to! Kate Bush Hounds of Love! Oh the excitement!!

I got up out of my seat at work today and stretched and had this bizarre feeling of something the size and weight of a canteloupe melon in my lower tummy. I was thinking, "Holy crap, what's that?!" Then I remembered it was my uterus.

LOL, I'm losing it.

My 3 year old was awake a lot of the night last night so today was a tough day as I was so flipping tired. :(

I got up out of my seat at work today and stretched and had this bizarre feeling of something the size and weight of a canteloupe melon in my lower tummy. I was thinking, "Holy crap, what's that?!" Then I remembered it was my uterus.

LOL, I'm losing it.

My 3 year old was awake a lot of the night last night so today was a tough day as I was so flipping tired. :(

I'm pretty shattered too... I'm on nights (my last set, I'll be taken off them after this) and finding it hard to sleep during the day; I'm up about three times to pee for one thing!!

I can't feel anything in my tummy, can't wait till I can though!

I don't remember being aware of my uterus position on my first. Maybe I forgot.:)

• Advertisement

Had my first bout of nausea today - woke up starving; was half way through my scrambled eggs on toast, when BLEEAGH... Had to run for it! Hope it's not a sign of things to come!

Pregnanter and pregnanter nikpmup!

Try not to allow yourself to get hungry. That's when it's worst. I carry oat biscuits and fruit in my handbag. Also eating nice and slowly can mean the difference between keeping a meal down and a dash to the loo. A pint glass of water with a meal is a must for me.

People swear by ginger but personally I haven't found it hugely effective.

I find it way worse if I'm tired.

How many weeks are you now? I was almost 7 when it kicked in. I feel I'm coming out he other end now though at 10 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

I'm starting to feel a bit better now too 9 weeks in. Dunno how I'm going to avoid the whole drinking thing on st Patrick's day though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I'm starting to feel a bit better now too 9 weeks in. Dunno how I'm going to avoid the whole drinking thing on st Patrick's day though!!

Can you pretend you are on antibiotics or something and therefore can't drink?

Pregnanter and pregnanter nikpmup

:):)

I was starving, had been in bed, and I wolfed it down... I have an added little tweak, in that I have a gastric band, so sometimes food gets "stuck" and I have to bring it up, but this was definitely sickness/nausea!! I'm 6w 4d. I'll try eating something little as soon as I get up, rather than what I did yesterday which was potter about for an hour before making something to eat. It's hard on nights, you're all backwards. Thank god this will be my last set!

I think I'm lucky that I often go out without drinking so a dry night wouldn't be weird for me. You could drink soda water with a dash of lime? They're going to speculate anyway with an antibiotics excuse, it's the oldest one in the books. You could pretend to have an IUD, give a few gory details so no one will ask again. :p

Another great excuse (that a former party-animal friend used) is "jaysus, I was out on the lash last night with *unspecified group of people* and I'm HANGING!! No gargle for me tonight!" Covers not drinking and sickness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭julias_jewel

Hey everyone,

Just getting a chance to catch up now. Been really sick all week, still have the flu and morning sickness turned into alday everyday. Kind of eased up Friday. My hip keeps going on me, its like a sudden twinge and im terrified i will fall.
    One of my friends organised a night in hers last night, a chinese and a catch up, no drink so i didnt need an excuse. I didnt feel like going but my oh talked me in to going up. Im so glad i went because all the girls turned up and it was lovely night. I really wanted to tell them but i managed to keep quiet!

They were making plans for Paddys Day and i knew i couldnt get away with antibiotics again so i just said il get back to them next week!

My scan is Tuesday week, time is going so slowly :-(

This morning i woke up feeling sick again, and my mam rang me and she told me to call over. Oh is on 2-10 so i said i mayaswell. When i arrived she had a bath running for me and it was lovely. She has roast beef on so just smelling it now is making my mouth water.... I felt bad as its Mothers Day but she said she dont mind!

Hope everyones weekend is going well and everybody got away with not drinking....

In another few weeks hopefully we will feel more perkier :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭DoctorBoo

Hi All!! I'm due at the end of October. It's my first pregnancy and I've been so so sick for the past two weeks. I've tried crackers, ginger and anything I read on the internet, but nothing's helping..... My stomach just seems to be full of acid the whole time. I started on some Gaviscon today to see if it will reduce the urge to vomit.

I haven't told anyone yet (which is difficult, considering how sick I've been), I want to wait until 12 weeks are gone (I'm at seven).

My doctor wants me to make a decision about which (Dublin) hospital to go to and whether to go semi-private or public. Does anyone have any ideas? I have VHI, but not much spare cash to cover any extras VHI doesn't cover (only my partner is working)...

Welcome DoctorBoo, and congrats! Sorry about the all day sickness - I hope it eases for you. As regards hospitals, I'm going public in Holles St - the only advise I would give is to use one of the three teaching hospitals (Holles St, The Coombe & the Rotunda) as opposed to a private hospital with no emergency facilities.

I've got my first appointment on Thursday, I think I might be getting a mini-scan....excited!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

hey doctorboo, definitely go public. there is absolutely no difference but 1200 fee u have to pay at your first scan to go semi private. they say you will get a semi private room too but it could come to the day and there are no free semi private rooms and u will get put in a ward anyways few other things like parenting classes and the likes but not worth the money. I'm going to the Rotunda, id advise just to go where ever is handier for you to get to, you dont want to be living northside and have to trek through town, they are all pretty much the same, a cattle mart at appointments so convenience is key!! :)

Weird thing - I've a bit of a cough atm; every time I cough, it feels like I'm pulling muscles in my lower belly - it really hurts! I have to curl up and sort of hold my stomach!

Yep. Sometimes when I stretch I get that. It's to do with your round ligaments loosening and muscles stretching differently to accomodate your growing womb.

I'm so glad I don't have a cough because anytime I've even given a half cough I've been gagging. :o

We're potty training the 3yo at the moment and I was pretty sick yesterday. The poor lad pooped on the floor and started to panic. I was doing my best to reassure him that it was okay when I was gagging myself. Disaster. It might have been better if I just threw up then and there to diffuse the situation.

Poor little man he kept telling me that he was sorry and wouldn't do it again. My heart was breaking for him.

@DoctorBoo, welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭julias_jewel

Yep. Sometimes when I stretch I get that. It's to do with your round ligaments loosening and muscles stretching differently to accomodate your growing womb.

I'm so glad I don't have a cough because anytime I've even given a half cough I've been gagging. :o

We're potty training the 3yo at the moment and I was pretty sick yesterday. The poor lad pooped on the floor and started to panic. I was doing my best to reassure him that it was okay when I was gagging myself. Disaster. It might have been better if I just threw up then and there to diffuse the situation.

Poor little man he kept telling me that he was sorry and wouldn't do it again. My heart was breaking for him.

@DoctorBoo, welcome!

Poor lil guy, hopes over it

......Poor little man he kept telling me that he was sorry and wouldn't do it again. My heart was breaking for him.

@DoctorBoo, welcome!

Aww!! Poor lil fella!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭DoctorBoo

Thanks for all the welcomes guys.

I've decided to go public (hoping to avoid any unexpected costs that may arise with semi-private). Waiting for my first hospital appointment now :-)

Morning sickness has improved a bit since I started taking antacids at night after my vitamins. Fingers crossed it disappears soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭monday monday

Hi all
    Decided to join in on the conversation. i'm around the 11 weeks today. we went for a private scan at nine weeks and our little blob was the right size ,had all the bits it needs at 9 weeks. very strong heartbeat. but i can't seem to relax, expecting the worst to happen all the time. i know its just as its my first one and i've no idea what to expect.

still very tired in the evenings but my appetite seems to have come back a bit. i'd 2 weeks of not been able to eat after 5 pm unless it was a liquid. so 2 weeks of soup. we've our first hospital app in 2 weeks and telling everyone after that. can't wait. so heres to a happy stress-free pregnancy for us all.:)

My morning sickness has improved as time has gone on so hopefully it will have completely gone soon.
    Anyone told people yet? I'm thinking next weekend. I will be 11 weeks then and I have a family wedding the week after so don't want to 'steal their thunder' by telling everyone closer to that! Also won't be trying to hide the fact that I'm not drinking.

Welcome Monday Monday :-) congrats. Try relax I'm sure everything will go great for you!

• Advertisement

Hi all
    Decided to join in on the conversation. i'm around the 11 weeks today. we went for a private scan at nine weeks and our little blob was the right size ,had all the bits it needs at 9 weeks. very strong heartbeat. but i can't seem to relax, expecting the worst to happen all the time. i know its just as its my first one and i've no idea what to expect.

If you've had a scan at 9 weeks and everything is where it should be, the statistical chances of miscarrying now are incredibly small. I know it's difficult to relax, but your little one is going to be just great.
    Anyone told people yet? I'm thinking next weekend. I will be 11 weeks then and I have a family wedding the week after so don't want to 'steal their thunder' by telling everyone closer to that! Also won't be trying to hide the fact that I'm not drinking.

Enjoy the wedding! I told heaps of people at the very beginning. Anyone I'd tell if things went wrong, which turned out to be lots and lots. :D

Haven't told work yet. Going to 'come out' after Easter, even though it's pretty obvious. :)

Weird dreams have begun. Last nights one had me with a personality transplant, cheating on my husband with a married man! The most out of character part was that I met this other guy at the gym. I hate gyms and wouldn't darken the doorstep of one. :pac:

Advertisement