Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Wallet

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Galvasean wrote: »
    I was given a leather Dice wallet as a gift. The section for cards is very sturdy. I've had it about 2 years now and no bendy cards.
    Likewise, was given a DICE wallet 4 years ago and it's still going strong, I love it! My one even has a compartment for my driver's licence that folds out.

Mine was bought in Stephen's Green S.C somewhere, in case you're interested OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

River Island make good wallets. The last one i had it for 2 1/2 years until it lost a fight with a bag of plastering lime 2 weeks ago.

Got a new one again from River Island. Looks the part and all.

250658_main?$hero$

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Right it's my birthday tomorrow and I've decided I want to buy myself a wallet of some description, I'm looking to buy one that has a bit of quality to it but the thing is I know nothing about wallets. Last year I bought myself a tag heuer watch so now I'm looking for the wallet version, something that will last me a good few years. No point in recommending me shops as I'm in new Zealand at the moment so makes or websites would be appreciated.

Alternativly if anyone has any other suggestions what I can buyt myselfI would be more than interested to hear!

Many thanks
    Conor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

The search function is wonderful.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

Good evening Gentlemen. I hope everyone is having a good day ! Yes. A gentleman certainly must always have a wallet. Indeed !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 zxc1

Debenhams do a decent brown leather wallet - John Rocha brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

Got an excellent one in Ted Baker about 4 months ago

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

I'm currently using this wallet....

Very nice and seems to be holding up fine at the moment

http://www.gucci.com/ie/styles/233100ARU0R1000#

233100_ARU0R_1000_001_web_full.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

check out http://acmwallet.com/
    seen them in mexico and had to get one..ultra protection for your cards and a money clip on the back
    everywhere i go i'm asked where i got it

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭doopa

I use a magic wallet:

http://shop.888poker.com/product/888161/888_Leather_Magic_Wallet.html
    http://www.things-to-make-and-do.co.uk/other-stuff/science-projects/science-project-magic-wallet.html

It keeps the cards between two stiff pieces of material and seems to have stopped the cards cracking problem for me. The only problem is that it is limited in the number of cards you can card at once. I'd say maximum of six cards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Shane732 wrote: »

Nice looking wallet, looking for something like that myself, nice good quality slim wallet that will last.

However, when I opened the link and looked at the price....ouch! I'd never even have that much money in my wallet ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭nc6000

Tazium wrote: »
    Got one of these recently - http://www.koyono.com/wwSlimmy-Special-Edition-International-Slim-Wallet-p/m997se.htm

It's a lot smaller than my previous bi/tri folds. I'm still testing it out but so far, so good.

Do you buy that from the website? They look nice and I'm interested in getting one, just wondering how long it took to ship and did you get hit for customs when it was delivered?

boobar wrote: »
    Nice looking wallet, looking for something like that myself, nice good quality slim wallet that will last.

However, when I opened the link and looked at the price....ouch! I'd never even have that much money in my wallet ever!

Yea, it's not cheap but it is a very nice waller

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Shane732 wrote: »

Cheers that's the kind of thing I'm looking for, did you buy online or what? Wallet the kind of thing I'd like to try out, now to find a gucci stockist in Christchurch!

C0N0R wrote: »
    Cheers that's the kind of thing I'm looking for, did you buy online or what? Wallet the kind of thing I'd like to try out, now to find a gucci stockist in Christchurch!

No I bought it in Milan.

There should be no issue buying on from Gucci - I've bought from them before online.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Tazium

nc6000 wrote: »
    Do you buy that from the website? They look nice and I'm interested in getting one, just wondering how long it took to ship and did you get hit for customs when it was delivered?

It arrived within 10 days, it is a nice wallet and it's a lot more comfortable in the pocket than my previous bi/tri folds. No problem with customs, it's under the limit anyway.

One comment on usage, notes have to be folded into the wallet. It's not always easy to do that if you are at a checkout for example. I use cash notes in one side of the wallet, 3 cards in the middle and usually put receipts, also folded in the third wallet pocket. The benefit to folding the cash usually pays off next time you go to access it, so I've gotten used to it.

There are no marks on my jeans from the use of this wallet, I previously found that wallets eventually imprinted an outline in the left hand side front pocket of my jeans. So for that reason alone this is a great one to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭nc6000

Just ordered a Slim Slimmy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I got one of these
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHdIJqrRg_BRq4k2RxGJApyOejei-CCPeo2esoxRykIFG4I0I9xy_OpM5Ugg

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

Good afternoon Gentlemen,

As always, I'm extremely happy to see this fine thread pop up once more in my control panel. Yes it's true, a gentleman must always carry a good wallet.

As the old saying goes, which I'm sure you all know,

"A gentleman without a wallet, is no gentleman at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Anyone got a recommendation for a wallet that holds an Irish driving licence without squishing it in some way? I have a nice Fossil trifold at the moment that's one of the better ones for this, but it's quite big. You'd think some enterprising young fella-me-lad from Kerry would've come up with the perfect wallet for this when carrying became compulsory...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

I have a black leather 3 fold wallet that i keep in my front pocket. Never keep my wallet in my back pocket for fear of pick pockets.

Advertisement