Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zumba

• 03-05-2011 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Just wondered if anybody had gone to zumba classes and if they were any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

I go to zumba in tullamore, and it's great Craic!! Really good work out, I sweat buckets....dying for the shower when i get home:eek::p:p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hairroomsalon 1986

can you lose weight at zumab classes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭BengaLover

You can get the dvds on ebay or amazon too.. not the same i know but if theres no class in your area its ideal..and yes you lose weight cos you burn calories!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭BengaLover

oh and you can get it on wii and ps3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭sallydan

Thanks for yer help! Anybody know of classes in kildare?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Brid16

Think KLeisure in Athy are doing classes. Believe you can burn 1,000 calories an hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭sallydan

Thats a good work out so! Heard it was good but not from anybody who had actually done it!
    Thanks again!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,358 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Brid16 wrote: »
    Think KLeisure in Athy are doing classes. Believe you can burn 1,000 calories an hour.

Who'd you hear that from?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭gavtron

Brid16 wrote: »

That's a very large amount, i'd imagine you would only burn half of that...it's basically dancing from what I've seen of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

A Zumba instructor on the telly today said you could burn 1000 cals per session.
    My wife goes every week and loves it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,921 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Who'd you hear that from?
    From the advert/infomerical
    2qk4u wrote: »
    A Zumba instructor on the telly today said you could burn 1000 cals per session.
    My wife goes every week and loves it...

Can you see why they might benefit from exaggerating a little (or a lot).
    1000 cals/hr is a pretty high rate. Almost everybody will get nowhere near that. I'm not saying its impossible, but you need to be very fit to be able to work at that level for an hour. I imagine they had a near professional level person manage to hit 1000 cals/hr to justify the claim on the ad.

I'd say 500 might be a decent average

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Duckee

I do Zumba once a week and personally I think even 500 calories an hour would be stretching it a bit. It is a very high octane class but like everything else it depends on how much you put into it.

I see people at the class who give it their all every week but I also see people who seem a bit afraid to break a sweat. That said if you go to the class and get 'into it' its a really fun session and certainly burns more calories than an hour walking. For anyone who struggles with the boredom of an hour on a bike or cross trainer at the gym its a really good alternative. :)

Advertisement