Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Peugeot 508 2.0 HDI radio / sat nav not working

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

To me that sounds like a hardware problem is more likely than software. So a bad solder joint or chafed wiring or something. Do you notice if heat has anything to do with it?

There is a user here that repairs radios iamthemanwork maybe he has seen this issue before.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I wonder if it's overheating due to a faulty fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭richardsheil

Thanks for help
    It is ok so far today
    Will take a look at fan and do software tomorrow probably

Anybody with direct experience

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

Thanks for help
    It is ok so far today
    Will take a look at fan and do software tomorrow probably

Anybody with direct experience

Its worth doing a software update first before looking at the hardware.
    Seems common enough among the early 508 satnavs....
    http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/508-76/508-sat-nav-media-issue-freezing-grey-screen-123986/

In messing around with it last night I managed to break one of the leads going into the unit.

Its the 4 pin lead to the back of the unit just beside the video lead and the individual grey, white and blue leads.

Is the 4 pin plug on the end of the lead available anywhere do you know? or can I buy some harness?

I couldn't release it and now have one wire hanging out the back of the plug that then goes onto a 4 pin socket on the radio iteslf

what a mess!

• Advertisement

In messing around with it last night I managed to break one of the leads going into the unit.

Its the 4 pin lead to the back of the unit just beside the video lead and the individual grey, white and blue leads.

Is the 4 pin plug on the end of the lead available anywhere do you know? or can I buy some harness?

I couldn't release it and now have one wire hanging out the back of the plug that then goes onto a 4 pin socket on the radio iteslf

what a mess!

If you pm me your vin number I'll post up a diagram of the system/part no etc if I can find them...:)

Thanks

I have a local whizz on it now with a soldering iron

If I need more help I will pm the vin as suggested.

Thanks

Wire repaired but unit now not making any response at all.

Do you need to code replacement units? Do I need main unit and mouse unit and front plate or just the main unit?

Thanks

Wire repaired but unit now not making any response at all.

Do you need to code replacement units? Do I need main unit and mouse unit and front plate or just the main unit?

Thanks

Haven't done with these but i know the older units needed coding.
    Can't see why the mouse unit would need coding
    Did you replace the full head unit..?

I bought alternative head unit , fascia and mouse and it works. But there is a warning beep every five seconds or so.

I have booked it in with Mongey Plunkett for coding and should be done then
    Thanks Row for help

• Advertisement

I bought alternative head unit , fascia and mouse and it works. But there is a warning beep every five seconds or so.

I have booked it in with Mongey Plunkett for coding and should be done then
    Thanks Row for help

No Problem...Hope you get sorted.
    The beeping warning is annoying but once they input your vin number into the headunit config if should stop....:)

Once coded it works perfectly. Thanks

Advertisement