Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Tourneys

• 19-12-2002 1:20am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

ME AND ABOUT 20 OTHERS HAVE PLANNED A HUGE CONSOLE TOURNEY IN JUNE 2003 IN THE TEMPLE BAR MUSIC CENTRE WE WANT ALL YOU MULSHIES TO COME UP AND CHALLENGE US DUBS AS WELL.

GO TO www.irish-console-wars.tk FOR ALL COMPETITION DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

where did you see the details of that one? I didn't hear anything about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

It was one of the sound engineering classes in TBMC Crimbo party and there where about 30ppl playing with loads of others watching & cheering.

It was brilliant drinks & playstations in a pub best night out I've had in ages. I came second and won nothing but the dude who won got 24 hours recording studio time.

would anyone be interested in trying to start one up say on a monthly basis with the view of making a big tourney held somewhere in the middle of next year?

I think the venue could be TBMC cos it's nice a dark and big enough I think any opinions?

SO IS NO-ONE IN THE GAMES SECTION INTERESTED IN A GAMES TOURNAMENT?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

well to rent the venue its gonna cost you .,.......ALOT .
    Then u gotta risk u r console and bring it in plus u r not gaunteed the number of people either .

The console thing should be OK it was fine last week.

If we use TBMC you have to pay a fee and I'm sure a sponsor could be arranged somewhere anyway are you in for helping?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

There will be tournaments in the new year. Can't say/won't say but it will be happening.

OK peeps I'm gonna get a website going for this console tournament cos as far as I know it'll be the 1st big one (if anyone knows differently let me know)

anyway the address is www.irish-console-wars.tk but the site wont be up for another day or two

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

"If you would like to enter the Console Wars Tournament whether it be for the N64, PS2 or even both then please click here to fill out our registration form. "

Eh... a bit behind the times there.

Besides, gamire.com have an up and coming tournament - probably in association with Does Not Compute I'd imagine...

We are planning on changing the n64 to GC as soon as we have sourced games for it.

Plus gameire.com don't have one for consoles that I saw. (must have a look at that though)

Plus we are planning to have a big feck off networked game of halo as soon as we can source four more X-boxes

IrishGamers (?) did a Halo tournament already :) was pretty good, about 40-50 people (?) photos and summary are on site.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by NoelRock
    IrishGamers (?) did a Halo tournament already :) was pretty good, about 40-50 people (?) photos and summary are on site.

it was irish player

Yeah that's the name - oops. Heh.

Hi all just an update for those of you who are interested in playing in the tournament.

I have managed to get Sony interested in sponsoring the event and I have also got Temple bar Music Centre for free.

It will be held somewhere in between May-August 2003

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by the-raptor
    Hi all just an update for those of you who are interested in playing in the tournament.

I have managed to get Sony interested in sponsoring the event and I have also got Temple bar Music Centre for free.

It will be held somewhere in between May-August 2003

If you get Sony as a sponsor you can forget about having GCs or Xboxs at the event

ooo yes and happy christmas!!!!!!!!!!

nope Sony have no problem with the other consoles for the reason outlined below;

Sony are hopig that the winner of the masters tourney will be a PS2 head so they can say in future ads they have planned something along the lines of "the best gamers play Playstation"

or something like that anyway I'd have to dig out the letter for the exact phrase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 alfonso*

please please please include super smash bros. either for the n64 or the gc in this,should be easy to determine winners with the detail of stats the game provides you with after a match and can have 4 players at once to keep matches more constant

I'll include the game in the poll and if it gets enough votes it's in. You'll have to register on the site before you can vote though.

SEEING AS HOW NOT MANY PEOPLE ARE REGISTERING FOR THE TOURNEYS.

AM I TO TAKE IT THAT NO-ONE IS REALLY INTERESTED IN CONSOLE TOURNAMENTS IN THIS COUNTRY THEN?

Is there any chance the mod of this board could make this thread sticky for a while so that the tourney gets a bit of exposure?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,774 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

STREET FIGHTER 2!!!!!!!

I CHALLENGE ANYONE AT CHAMPION EDITION!

• Advertisement

Street Fighter 2 on what format?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,774 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd rather an emulated format but the playstation version on the street fighter collection would have to do. It's perfect except for load times between fights.

ok i will put it on the poll on the site

dont forget to register for the tourney on the site

• Registered Users Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

AM I TO TAKE IT THAT NO-ONE IS REALLY INTERESTED IN CONSOLE TOURNAMENTS IN THIS COUNTRY THEN?

Well why didnt you say so, I didnt understand this thread until it was in CAPS.

THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Here's a few points:

1). You might find not many people here are interested as there're probably a lot more pc gamers than console gamers here. Who're your target audience? Just the gamers in boards.ie or anyone in dublin? You're probably be swamped with response if you can let the general public know instead of just boards.ie readers. A poster on the general notice boards in the engineering building in TCD for example will get lots of people to show up.

2). You are asking people to commit now to a console gaming tournament in 6 months time. I'm not even sure I'll still be in dublin by then. And I suspect many people who do resgister now will either have forgetten about it by then or find that they have other more important commitments. An ad campaigne for it just 1 or 2 month before the tourney is probably sufficient.

3). Why decide on the games and making a big fuss about it now unless you are having the tourney soon? There'll probably be other games people are interested in in 6 months time.

You need to forget about the lack of response and just concentrate on setting it up. People WILL go to it.

Yeah took a look at the site and from what I saw no one is interested in it. Mabey this has to do with the fact that every two seconds up pops a pop up ad. That alone put me off the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Count me in so long as it involves Gran Turismo 3

I own u all @ GT!!!

And post when yur closer to the time as well

btw i think yur site has been hacked Raptor

we have to start planning at sometime and why not now plus we have stated on the site that games may be subject to change.

Also, because we need bout 200 odd players we're starting the recruitment drive now

Advertisement