Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for Good Counsellor

• 24-03-2008 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I hope I am in the right place. I am looking for someone to recommend a counsellor in the Dublin Area for my brother who is 22. He has recently attempted suicide and has major issues with Anger. On the other side of the coin he is very successful as he runs his own business and has a beautiful daughter that is 3 months old.

He has asked for my help in finding a counsellor or someone to talk to but I just wanted to find someone who is recommended. I don't know if he needs a counseller, a psychiatrist, a psychologist, a life coach or a bit of everything.

I just want to send him to someone good because i have a feeling that if he goes once and doesn't like it he won't go back. He had a session for a couple of hours after he attempted suicide in the hospital but they didn't arrange a follow up appointment or anything like that.

Thanks for reading,
    Regards
    Reggy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Can you send me a PM and ill provide you with details? thanks

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Best bet would be to contact the main bodies, they can advise you on who deals best with what, try the
    IACP http://www.irish-counselling.ie/aboutus.htm
    or the NCII http://www.ncii.ie/
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

Pieta Hlouse is an excellent free service for people who are suicidal or self harming, they're based in Lucan.
    Hope your brother gets help soon.

Advertisement