Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Whats eMobile like?

Options
  • 24-07-2014 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get the new Lumia 930 from eMobile on Bill Pay.

49.00 for the phone upfront and 39 each month for 5 Gigs of 4G data, unlim texts and talk. Existing eircom customer, so the first six months are only 24 quid.

I have no experience with them and would be moving from pre-pay Three, and I know absolutely no-one who's with them.

What's their coverage like? Anything I should know? And is there a better deal than the one I quoted, even with another provider?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

Same network as Meteor so if you know anyone on that network you can ask them. Grand service, not as much coverage as Vodafone but I don't have any issues with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

TBi wrote: »
    Same network as Meteor so if you know anyone on that network you can ask them. Grand service, not as much coverage as Vodafone but I don't have any issues with it.
    Deadly, totally slipped my mind they were piggybacking on Meteor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I'm with eMobile, no issues at all really, good coverage, good 3G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

eMobile here. I don't have any problems with the coverage. I find the 4G coverage is great. Mainly around Dublin though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

hit and miss data coverage around the north of Dublin City, and not-so-great coverage in general outside of immediate urban areas in my experience.

In their defense however, their customer service has gotten better, the pricing is competitive and every smartphone they've ever provided me with has been relatively free of bloatware.

I intend to renew my contract with them for a third successive year in the near future, so i guess i'm happy enough with them overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

I have found their customer service awful, unable to solve simple problems, and ignorant, was with them for over 2 years. It was a great plan, but there originally overcharged me, but got my money back but had to fight real hard.
    Then another few issues and just threw in the towel.

As regards coverage founf for the most part the coverage and data speeds were excellent, but sometimes you woul dhave no coverage, on main roads/motorways, which is really annoying if yu spend a lot of time in a car.

I have just moved to Tesco mobile because I got so annoyed with emobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭mikeecho

was with them, had fantastic value package.
    But one day i dealt with a pig of a customer service rep, and i left because of that.

I've no intention of paying money to a company to be treated like shít by one of their employees

Depending on ehere you are the 3G coverage is great, but i had no3g at home (not a problem) but the 2G wasnt great either and kept roaming on the vodafine 2G netwok. but it would get stuck between the two, and i had to keep restarting the phone

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Pretty good coverage all told. Not the fastest 4G in my area, but OK. My only gripe with them is their inability to allow us to use Hullomail on their system, even though Meteor can.

Advertisement