Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭coolclogher

Thanks Setanta, a brilliant offer, when times get better you will certainly hear from me, well done

• Registered Users Posts: 8,842 ✭✭✭Soarer

I'd imagine 90% of us would keep Setanta if it way, say, a fiver a month.

Surely they'd be better off having mass saturation at €5 per month? Kind of a Ryanair model.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭tomtucker81

cena wrote: »
    I sent an email yesterday and still no reply

Send email to correspondence@setanta.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

E mails had to be in before 12 tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

racso1975 wrote: »
    I have emailed the customerservicesire@setanta.com 4 times and no reply!!!! they better not try signing me up

Everyone else was using correspondence@setanta.com, the one Setanta read out when you were kept on hold

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Skid X wrote: »
    Everyone else was using correspondence@setanta.com, the one Setanta read out when you were kept on hold

Emailed that one 5 times and my sub is still going.

Made no difference. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Emailed that one 5 times and my sub is still going.

Made no difference. :rolleyes:

Worked fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭markfla

Grand job for the month, don't think it's worth the full subscription fee though. Cheers for the heads up op.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,802 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Bollox! Forgot to cancel this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Mars Bar wrote: »

Can I come to yours to watch the match later so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Mars Bar wrote: »

Don't worry,so long as you ring before the next due billing date then you should get the €9.99 a month offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Well we're all feeling that it is just worth 9.99 per month, and not 19.99. It's still a lot cheaper than Sky Sports. I'm in to rugby, and BT certainly have that one mopped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

its ok value for money but it is the way it is being handled that p****d me off. when signing up told there would be no problem cancelling. plenty of staff, open every day except christmas, ring a day or two early, blaa blaa blaa, and here we are now. not great way to expand customer base in my opinion.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

squadro wrote: »
    its ok value for money but it is the way it is being handled that p****d me off. when signing up told there would be no problem cancelling. plenty of staff, open every day except christmas, ring a day or two early, blaa blaa blaa, and here we are now. not great way to expand customer base in my opinion.:(

I rang Setanta the other day,got through straight away & the entire call took roughly 4 minutes.

In the Uk they pay £12 a month for just the BT channels as they don't have Setanta over there.€9.99 is decent value considering we get a 3pm live game on a Saturday aswell.

squadro wrote: »

Yes, it was a mess. I wouldn't have signed up without this deal, and looking at this forum, lots of others are the same. I'd say Setanta consider the promo has been a huge success.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

vienne86 wrote: »
    Yes, it was a mess. I wouldn't have signed up without this deal, and looking at this forum, lots of others are the same. I'd say Setanta consider the promo has been a huge success.
    id say you are right and even though im giving out about them, i would prob sign up to 9.99 deal if offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Gift of the Gabbert

I e-mailed them numerous times yesterday morning and got a response eventually saying as long as the e-mail was in before midnight the channels would be cancelled.They are still working,I hope they get a ****ing move on and Im not getting charged extra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I cancelled via e mail yesterday, got a confirmation email, just detailing that if it was in before midnight it would be cancelled, I still have it today though, is that something I should be worried about?

They cant take money now technically can they since I have proof that I emailed in my cancellation and that it was received and acknowledged

Ill be happy to have it for the day since the United game is on it later!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Interesting101

A great promo and a big sucess for Setanta.

I saw this offer on boards, had major doubts about it but Setanta Rep was on was this thread answering questions...So i signed up online, stations were active within 2 mins.

Went to cancel by phone , message said lines were busy and could send email to cancel.

I said in mail i would be happy to go with offer of 9.99 for 3 months (very good price even if you only watch 2 games a month) and got swift response to say i had been setup.

Big thanks to OP to the heads up on this one.

Some people said they would have went with 9.99 if offered...Your the customer, Why wait for them to offer it to you..Just ask.

I saw this offer on boards, had major doubts about it but Setanta Rep was on was this thread answering questions...So i signed up online, stations were active within 2 mins.

Went to cancel by phone , message said lines were busy and could send email to cancel.

I said in mail i would be happy to go with offer of 9.99 for 3 months (very good price even if you only watch 2 games a month) and got swift response to say i had been setup.

Some people said they would have went with 9.99 if offered...Your the customer, Why wait for them to offer it to you..Just ask.

I would never have found out about this offer only for this thread - more thanks to OP. I'm surprised they didn't promote it more widely, but I would say Setanta are well pleased with how it has gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Agree totally with the above posts I would never have signed up untill I saw it was for €1 deal on here. Then getting the next three months at half price as well. I have to say a big thank to the OP for this.

I really didn't know how much sport BT and Setanta had. Even forgetting about all the football they have. Getting the UFC & NBA for €9.99 a month is a bargin for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

l
    I did and still got cut off :-(

km79 wrote: »
    l
    I did and still got cut off :-(

HHmmm...sorry to hear that

Did you include your viewing card number etc in email.

I included all my accout details.....When sending mails like that you have to think about the person who reads them on the other end....If all the info is there they will probably do the work but if follow ups are required it might just be left sitting there.

HHmmm...sorry to hear that

Did you include your viewing card number etc in email.

I included all my accout details.....When sending mails like that you have to think about the person who reads them on the other end....If all the info is there they will probably do the work but if follow ups are required it might just be left sitting there.
    Included viewing card number, name , phone number,address and told them to use same card details that were on my account

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

Sent a few emails got confirmation today and the channels are gone might ring and see if they will give me the 9.99 deal getting shot of sky sports tomorrow really is a waste of time unless you like cricket cricket and cricket

Sent a few emails got confirmation today and the channels are gone might ring and see if they will give me the 9.99 deal getting shot of sky sports tomorrow really is a waste of time unless you like cricket cricket and cricket
    Will you please let us know if ya get it ? I may ring back today if ya do :-)

km79 wrote: »
    Included viewing card number, name , phone number,address and told them to use same card details that were on my account

Damn, what email address did ya use?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,239 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Channels still there at the mo even though I got the cancellation confirmation email. They must be going through all of them today.

Hopefully it stays on for today's matches now!

Damn, what email address did ya use?

Correspondence

• Advertisement

Called at 215. Total call time 15 mins. Got the 9.99 package but channels have not come through yet

Advertisement