Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭basillarkin

What info do I need to give in the cancellation email

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

vienne86 wrote: »
    Before April 1st? I was told to call before end February in order to give a month's notice.

I have visions of us all meeting again here on boards end February.

could do worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ruthiexxxxxx

Just received the below - seems grand

Thank you for contacting Setanta Sports.

We have received your email. Please note that any cancellation requests received before midnight on 31st December will be accepted and cancelled down. Please ensure you have provided your account number or your 9 digit viewing card number if you wish to cancel your subscription.

Kind regards,

Setanta Sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,813 ✭✭✭✭muffler

What info do I need to give in the cancellation email
    See this post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

After sending two emails without reply I rang the first number using options one and one. Was on hold for 6 minutes and offered the €9.99 offer which I accepted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Just received the below - seems grand

Thank you for contacting Setanta Sports.

We have received your email. Please note that any cancellation requests received before midnight on 31st December will be accepted and cancelled down. Please ensure you have provided your account number or your 9 digit viewing card number if you wish to cancel your subscription.

Kind regards,

Setanta Sports.
    After sending email for 3rd time I also received this response. However I requested to be put on 9.99 package so not sure if I am now

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭largepants

Still have channels after cancelling last Friday. Received no offers. Have contacted my bank not to accept any requests from Setanta.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Shinobollo

Sent email yesterday lunchtime. Just got cancellation confirmation. They're obviously working through them.
    Thanks again OP for post

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭indenial

bizz213 wrote: »
    did it with second number above pressing 1 twice.. Call took 13.33mins and i got the €9.99 offer. Said call back before April 1st and they would cancel it or offer another price :-)

I had similiar experience. I presumed I had to give 1 months notice to cancel so I will stick 01 April in the calendar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

indenial wrote: »
    I had similiar experience. I presumed I had to give 1 months notice to cancel so I will stick 01 April in the calendar

No guys you need to phone at the end of February to cancel your three months at €9.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭wolfe

I was told to phone back in February too. Looks like there must be a 30day cancellation period!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

sent them a cancellation email as i sick of trying by phone.
    got an email response straight away saying they received it an will be processed if my viewing card or account number. i sent them my bank account number, sky account number, viewing card and home address so hoping i'm safe :P

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Bannerman7

Just phoned and was through and call finished in 9 mins so not bad. Lady offered me the 9.99e 3 month deal but said I would have to phone back by end of Feb to cancel or to go on another possible deal after that.

Anyway it was a great 1e deal for Dec and happy with the 9.99e for 3 months and we'll see in Feb if we still want it so big thanks to OP . win win really.:)

I'm just off the phone as I was calling to cancel the €1 Dec deal. Was offered the same deal as you (without asking) and said YES.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Ah lads, the way you were describing the 3 month €9.99 deal it made it sound like I would get January, February and March for €9.99! Not €9.99 per month! :pac:

Was intending to snap it up but decided to pass in the end. Really gonna miss those channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Was on hold when a recorded message said to fire off an email to cancel, sent it off with the details, better be no messing and a re-occurring subscription

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Ah lads, the way you were describing the 3 month €9.99 deal it made it sound like I would get January, February and March for €9.99! Not €9.99 per month! :pac:

Was intending to snap it up but decided to pass in the end. Really gonna miss those channels.

Same, was tempted at 9 euro for three months, not for 9 euro a month.

I missed most of the United matches due to the channel saying "signal lost" and when contacting sky they advised the issue is with adverse weather and that the Setanta package can be adversely affected. Nothing happened with my other packages, but even for a euro wasnt worth it since I got nothing from it, still ended up watching all the matches via streams.

Cancelling all my sport packages, the increased seperation and different matches being segregated makes no package the ultimate one, free streams for me (now if only i could find HD quality ones)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

TheDoc wrote: »
    Was on hold when a recorded message said to fire off an email to cancel, sent it off with the details, better be no messing and a re-occurring subscription

I've sent 4 with no reply, channels still working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I notice the setanta reps were happy to post here when the offer was advertised, but gone very quiet when issues arise, despite having been online

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭john_doe.

Got and took the 9.99 offer. Have to cancel by the end of fwbruary . good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Does the €30 have to be paid right away?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

bmcc10 wrote: »

No it's taken 9.99 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭NATLOR

I've sent 4 with no reply, channels still working.

Friend of mine had been emailing since yesterday and only got the cancellation confirmation half an hour ago :)

I think the offer of the €1 sub for December has been a massive success for Setanta based on this thread alone. A lot of people who would not normally have joined have now done so at the discounted rate of €9.99 per month.

In fairness there wont be as many games per month as there was in December but the upcoming list is still fairly impressive and well worth a tenner a month in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭blade1

bmcc10 wrote: »

9.99 came out of my account straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭lazyman

They are now offering the deal straight away, you don't even have to ask for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭corny

On hold for 20+ minutes:mad:

Edit: Are they offering the deal if you contact by email?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Skidfingers

What time can you cancel till tonight?

And has anyone managed to get the €9.99 offer by e-mail?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

corny wrote: »

Good luck getting a reply. Have rang 4 times each time waiting 10+ minutes and have emailed 5 times to no avail.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

corny wrote: »

Earlier posters that cancelled by via email have been called by Setanta asking if they're interested in the offer. Just make sure you put down your phone number and it looks like they'll ring you. If not this evening, then probably tomorrow.

Hoping they call me back with the offer too. The service would be excellent value for €9.99 as I'd watch pretty much all sports on it (footie, mma, basketball and ice hockey). Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

What time can you cancel till tonight?

And has anyone managed to get the €9.99 offer by e-mail?
    The phone lines close at 6 but Id think (just guessing here) that email cancellation should be okay up till midnight.

Advertisement