Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone due in March 2012??

• 18-07-2011 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi everyone!
    Im 7 weeks pregnant today:) and im so happy!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭smileyeyes

Hi & Huge Congratulations Filippa K!!!!:D Thanks for starting this!!

I am due 23rd March 2012 (sounds ages away:p)!!!

I am cautious though as had a m/c in April this year! Have 1 DS(6) & 1DD(20mths)!

I am going to get an early scan in couple of weeks as the sonographer said when m/c in April that when get pg again to ring her and she will scan me at around 7 wks! Think I am only about 4.5 wks now:(

I have no morning sickness yet?? How about you??? How are you feeling?? xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Filippa K

Hi Smilieeyes,

Thank you and a big congrats to you too. Im sorry to hear about the mc and Im sure everything goes well for you this time.

Got hit by a wave of nausea this morning (never felt this way before) Have had some very bad cramps and dizzy spells over the last few days but I suppose im adjusting to all this

I have my 12 week scan on the 24th August. Cant wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Dewdropdeb

Congrats ladies! :)

Due Paddy's day here, very excited. Will be number three, have two girls, 5 and 7 so a bit of a gap, but we'll survive. Hoping for the boy this time, but happy either way. I'll be having a homebirth, really looking forward to it. Had the last two drug free and natural so this is the next step! :)

Hope everyone is feeling ok!

Deb

Huge Congratulations Dewdropdeb :-)
    You a re like me....baby number 3!!! All going well with this pregnancy I have no option but to have a c-section as had 2 already as I have a cardiac condition!! Have you any symptoms yet???

Filippa K I had morning sickness with ds & dd but I can't remember when it started..... ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Dewdropdeb

Thanks Smiley! :)

Yeah, I'm quite sick. Didn't suffer on either of the girls, so hoping this is my boy. I don't know who coined the term morning sickness, because it seems to be all day long for me. :( Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about getting too fat too soon! ;)

You guys feeling ok?

• Advertisement

Dewdropdeb wrote: »
    Thanks Smiley! :)

Yeah, I'm quite sick. Didn't suffer on either of the girls, so hoping this is my boy. I don't know who coined the term morning sickness, because it seems to be all day long for me. :( Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about getting too fat too soon! ;)

You guys feeling ok?

I always found that having "morning" sicknes was reassurance that all was ok if you know what I mean???? I did feel a bit sick yesterday....never thought I would feel glad to be feeling sick:D

I phoned Early Pregnancy Unit in local hospital Monday and got apt for 1st scan on 16th Aug which seems ages away..... but it could be worse so I shouldn't complain!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Just got my BFP this morning so this is all new to me, all going well though I should be due around 30th March :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Filippa K

HI Guys,

Been feeling very unwell this last week, bad Nausea mostly in the evenings and night times (So called morning sickness) and Ive had very bad dizzy spells and feeling very faint, Seen my Gp who says my blood pressure is quite low and Ive had to take time off work. Has anyone else been through anything like this, I hope it gets better soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 josephine139

Hi, think I'm due in march by my calcs :-) I'm making an app with GP later this week. Can anyone tell me what he'll do in this visit, should I bring a urine sample? So don't know what to expect and can't ask my mam as she's away! I'm also suffering from nausea and cramping which is lots of fun :-(

Filippa K wrote: »
    HI Guys,

Been feeling very unwell this last week, bad Nausea mostly in the evenings and night times (So called morning sickness) and Ive had very bad dizzy spells and feeling very faint, Seen my Gp who says my blood pressure is quite low and Ive had to take time off work. Has anyone else been through anything like this, I hope it gets better soon.

Flippa K how are you feeling now??? My heart goes out to you! Are you off work indefinitely or just play it by ear???

My morning sickness is not too bad...yet....:o. I have been getting floating spots in front of my eyes today and will only be 6wks pregnant Friday!! Am I right in saying this is related to Blood Pressure??

Josephine139...welcome and congratulations!! Yes bring a urine sample (preferably 1st one of the day). I think that is all you will need and you will be asked the 1st day of your last period so GP can determine your due date. you will probably be weighed and Blood Pressure checked!! I hope this helps!!

• Advertisement

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Just got my BFP this morning so this is all new to me, all going well though I should be due around 30th March :)

MS2011...huge congratulations to you!!;) I am due around the 23rd March so fairly close to you!!:D How are you feeling?

smileyeyes wrote: »
    MS2011...huge congratulations to you!!;) I am due around the 23rd March so fairly close to you!!:D How are you feeling?

I'm feeling good,you?? I've got really sore boobs and feeling a bit hungrier, oh and peeing alot :rolleyes: but other than that I have to keep reminding myself that I am pregnant :)
    I was reading your posts on breastfeeding, I am hoping to breast feed myself, this is my first baby so everything is new and daunting but I have 35 weeks to read everything I can and educate myself a bit :)

ms2011, you will do great..it is daunting but very exciting also so enjoy it!!:D

p.s. please don't let my previous experience of breastfeeding put you off...I know so many women who breastfeed and have had no bad experiences;):) I have had great supportive comments from posters on that other thread and I am strongly thinking of giving it a go this time around as this could be my last baby :eek:

smileyeyes wrote: »
    ms2011, you will do great..it is daunting but very exciting also so enjoy it!!:D

p.s. please don't let my previous experience of breastfeeding put you off...I know so many women who breastfeed and have had no bad experiences;):) I have had great supportive comments from posters on that other thread and I am strongly thinking of giving it a go this time around as this could be my last baby :eek:

Ah no, I'm pretty determined to at least give it a try, my sister breastfed her last baby and found it brilliant. I remember her crying the morning she decided to begin weaning, this makes me want to do it all the more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I`m due March 10th so 8 weeks friday with our first, feel constantly hungover but pleased with the increased size of my boobs!!!
    Gonna have an early scan privately next tues to ease my worrying, €190 for it though but it`ll stop my temptation yo buy cute little babygros etc.
    Congrats to ye ladies too, god i hope im still contributing to this thread for next 7 months

• Registered Users Posts: 49 nearlythereacca

Dewdropdeb wrote: »
    Congrats ladies! :)

Due Paddy's day here, very excited. Will be number three, have two girls, 5 and 7 so a bit of a gap, but we'll survive. Hoping for the boy this time, but happy either way. I'll be having a homebirth, really looking forward to it. Had the last two drug free and natural so this is the next step! :)

Hope everyone is feeling ok!

Deb

Hi dewdropdeb, what part of the country are you having your homebirth? Im really swaying towards one myself but am a little nervous!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭J-B

I found out last Sunday am expecting our first child due around end March, super excited! Not 100% sure when my last period was though so does anyone know if you can get a scan to estimate when the baby is due? Was thinking of going for one around the end of August for reassurance and also so I have a bit more confidence in the date I was given by the doctor (am I the only person in the world who doesn't know the first day of their last period??!!) Am having cramps and am extremely tired but happy - just want to get to 12 weeks so we can start telling people!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

I am due on March 8th with my 4th. I am feeling sick all the time but, never actually getting sick.

I had an early scan this morning and his little heart is beating away as strong as you like, and he is on his own in there (thankfully). My scan cost €99, €1900 sounds very expensive.

Look forward to chatting to you all x

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

J-B wrote: »
    I found out last Sunday am expecting our first child due around end March, super excited! Not 100% sure when my last period was though so does anyone know if you can get a scan to estimate when the baby is due? Was thinking of going for one around the end of August for reassurance and also so I have a bit more confidence in the date I was given by the doctor (am I the only person in the world who doesn't know the first day of their last period??!!) Am having cramps and am extremely tired but happy - just want to get to 12 weeks so we can start telling people!

Thank goodness I'm not alone ... I've known for 3 weeks I'm pregnant but not sure how far along ... My best guess is somewhere between 6 and 9 weeks ...! I feel like such a fool ... It's not like this is my first time ... I have a 12 y.o. And a 9 y.o. I had a mc 4 years ago at 16 weeks so reluctant to tell anyone til after that. Heading to see doc next week for first appointment .. Get organized!
    How's everyone feeling? ... My boobs were sore but not too bad now, no cravings ... Not really hungry though ... Evenings are worst for nausea though.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭J-B

I know I am really annoyed with myself for not knowing the date, am hoping a scan will be able to give a fair amount of accuracy re when I am actually due. Kicking myself for not making a note of it but to be honest thought we would be ages trying to get pregnant so wasn't paying as much attention to my cycle as I should have been(!) Feeling really tired and am definitely a bit moody (feel like have PMT on permanent basis) but not at all nauseous thank God. Am finding it really hard keeping it to ourselves, want to share the news with everyone but its just too early at the moment unfortunately. Maybe after we get a scan we will tell the parents...hope everyone else is feeling ok

• Advertisement

I'm 5weeks 4days today and already I can't button up my work trousers and can only do the zip up halfway, I have a belt holding my trousers closed :eek:
    I know it is just bloating but I'm finding it hard to hid from family and friends :(
    The sooner I can get my scan and get the ok to tell people the better :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 josephine139

Ms2011 wrote: »
    I'm 5weeks 4days today and already I can't button up my work trousers and can only do the zip up halfway, I have a belt holding my trousers closed :eek:
    I know it is just bloating but I'm finding it hard to hid from family and friends :(
    The sooner I can get my scan and get the ok to tell people the better :p

6 weeks 4 days - glad I'm not the only one bloated. So light headed these days that all I feel I can do is lie down. Bit hard when at work. We told parents and siblings as couldn't not but we aren't telling anyone else till after the scan.

Had a scan yday.
    My doctors dates were wrong, she was going by last period making me just over 8 weeks and my own date from ovulation and the `deed` was 6 weeks.
    So I didn`t see/hear any heartbeat, the blob is in the right place and is the size it should be for the 6 weeks thank god.
    I`m heading back in 2 weeks for another scan and fingers crossed we`ll see/hear the heartbeat.

Also I was away for the weekend and forgot to take the folic acid for 3 or 4 days straight, is this any harm? I had been taking it before i got pregnant so is a few days without it matter?

Had my scan y/day but I`m only 6 weeks so no heartbeat detected, really disappointed.
    Doctor told me I was 8 weeks going from Last Period but that 2 weeks where there was nothing going on...
    So I`m 6 weeks roughly from conception which I had thought all along, so the "blob" is in the right place but have to go back in 2 weeks to see/hear the heartbeat. Fingers crossed!!
    So should I adjust my due date from march 10th to 24th?!?!
    That`s usually around Mother`s Day isn`t it?

Ugh, sick sick sick today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Wife is due March 29th. Sickness started yesterday poor thing, barfed twice when we were walking in the local park. She's curled up in bed now feeling pretty rotten :(

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

This thread seems to be slow taking off or are we all just too exhausted to type....:D
    I haven't been on in a while due to the above...extreme exhaustion:o Feeling slightly nauseous on and off but not as bad as one my DS & DD! Boobs are very sore and got a stark reminder of that when our 20 mth old stuck her elbow in one this afternoon:eek:.

I am 8+2 today and am struggling to wear anything other than leggings or tracksuit bottoms! In work on Wednesday, I had to open the button on my trousers sitting behind my desk:eek:.... that was all well and good until my boss rang me and asked me to come up to his office, which i did, but forgot to button up my trousers:o... don't think he noticed...and if he did he didn't say anything...:o.

Going for early scan Tuesday morning due to previous MC. Both excited but mainly anxious about that!

How is everybody else feeling??? Let's keep this thread going girls for each other as I am sure most of us haven't told anyone about being PG yet so at least we can "talk" to each other....:D:p

xxxx

7 weeks 1 day today. Finished work for good (was made redundant) on Friday, have known it was coming for awhile so was well prepared. To be honest it is a relief, getting up at 4:30am every weekday morning is exhausting at the best of times but was damn near impossible while pregnant, not to mention how sick I am at that time of the morning :(
    Have finally made my doctors appointment for Tuesday to get everything checked out and get things rolling hospital wise. I've decided on the Coombe. Gave in and told my sister last week which has been great, she dug out a load of her pregnancy books so I've been engrossed in those.
    Sickness has eased off some, still queasy but not feeling like I'm going to throw up any minute:)
    Hope everyone else is feeling well x

• Registered Users Posts: 34 activegal

Hi everyone. Im due circa March 20th, am 8+4 today. Went through some tiredness, a little bit of swollen belly & boobs the first few weeks but now nothing?!... I feel normal, is that normal? I.e. no swollen belly or boobs, no nausea or sickness, average energy levels but feel a bit down though this week...

First baby for us. not due to see consultant for another 3 weeks and cant afford an early scan before that, so just sitting tight and hoping everything is ok in there.

Good thread though and it's useful to read everyone elses stories & experience of the same journey.

Wishing you all good health and happy pregnancies :)

• Advertisement

Ms2011 I know how you feel on the pregancy books...this hopefully will be our 3rd baby and I am still amazed by the weekly development charts every time I read them and it is impossible not to read a week or 2 or 3 ahead:D

Fair play to you getting up to work at 4:30am:eek:! I'm not surprised you won't miss it...that must have been tough! Best of luck for Tuesday!

Activegal...welcome;)! My pregnancy symptoms seem to come and go also! I think that is pretty normal so I wouldn't worry:). It is tough having to wait for a scan though...every day seems like a week!:eek:

Is anyone having very vivid/strange dreams????

Advertisement