Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Facebook paedophile had 1000 victims

Options
  • 25-09-2010 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/facebook-paedophile-had-1000-victims-2352695.html
    Parents were warned last night that their children are not safe from paedophiles even in their own bedrooms as one of Britain's worst internet child sex abusers was jailed for eight and a half years yesterday.
    Postman Michael Williams (29) used Facebook, Bebo and MSN Messenger to groom up to 1,000 children across Britain.
    He used his trusted position in the community as a taxi driver and as a postman to target young girls on his rounds in Penryn, Cornwall, two of whom he later had sex with.

We all know that over the years many paedophiles have become connected and are networking together, mainly due to the Internet.

What is scary is the fact, that if 1 can groom 1000, imagine what damage a network could do.

Discuss?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Discuss?

No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Seriously? Why don't you just suggest a forum to discuss paedophiles?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,059 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Lad.. do yourself a favor and get a better hobby than posting this shit online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I remember when Saturday nights were all about Blind Date and having a nice bath. I miss those innocent days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Brightest_Nite

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Seriously? Why don't you just suggest a forum to discuss paedophiles?
    Who do you think you are? This is a public forum. I'm entitled to post here just like you. Quit stalking me. I'm asking you to stop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Come on Brightest_Nite, three threads on this subject in two days?

If you have relevent info then go see the gardai.
    Not just post articles and then....discuss

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

You're a little obsessed aren't you

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Who do you think you are? This is a public forum. I'm entitled to post here just like you. Quit stalking me. I'm asking you to stop.
    Stalking? I like to call it grooming.

Lad.. do yourself a favor and get a better hobby than posting this shit online
    Do you say that to everyone on here. I'm posting a news article. I'm entitled to do so.

There are many such topics on here. Do you say that to everyone or are you just singling me out. If you're singling me out then that is known as online harassment. That is a legal crime nowadays or do you not know that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Do you say that to everyone on here. I'm posting a news article. I'm entitled to do so.

There are many such topics on here. Do you say that to everyone or are you just singling me out. If you're singling me out then that is known as online harassment. That is a legal crime nowadays or do you not know that?

You're being very defensive. You should probably calm down a bit.

• Advertisement

Something tells me we wont see the OP for 8 1/2 years ..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

I remember when Saturday nights were all about Blind Date and having a nice bath. I miss those innocent days.

I used to watch WWF wrestling. GOOD TIMES. GO ULTIMATE WARRIOR, GO.

Come on Brightest_Nite, three threads on this subject in two days?

If you have relevent info then go see the gardai.
    Not just post articles and then....discuss
    Are you stating that I'm not entitled to post on the Net. How come you feel you have the given right but I don't. If you don't want to participate in the discussion, then don't post, but you're in here posting to tell me to stop.

Maybe you're a paedophile, who does not want these issues raised. Its either that or you have something personal against me? Which is it?

bluewolf wrote: »
    You're a little obsessed aren't you
    You seem a little obsessed with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Snakeblood wrote: »
    I used to watch WWF wrestling. GOOD TIMES. GO ULTIMATE WARRIOR, GO.

Oh yes! I used to get the WWF magazine too and dream of someday owning one of those ultimate warrier soft toys...

I'm obsessed with you, OP

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Because I'm posting on a thread?
    Yeah totally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Maybe you're a paedophile, who does not want these issues raised.

That's pretty out of order :mad:
    Its either that or you have something personal against me? Which is it?

I was here since 2004 before Boards got hacked and I lost my username.
    You joined this month so realy, don't flatter yourself by thinking I've a grudge against you when I've been in discussions with tens of thousands before you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

Are you stating that I'm not entitled to post on the Net. How come you feel you have the given right but I don't. If you don't want to participate in the discussion, then don't post, but you're in here posting to tell me to stop.

Maybe you're a paedophile, who does not want these issues raised. Its either that or you have something personal against me? Which is it?

People are just pointing out all your posts seem to be on the same subject. After Hours is meant for light-hearted discussion and jokes.

And, no offence, but you seem to have a bit of a persecution complex there.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,059 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

If you're going to post continuously about the same subject then you should expect people to notice it and call you up on it. I actually took your last thread on face value and gave you the benefit of doubt.. that made me look like as big an asshole as you're coming across as. Seriously, I don't know if you're trolling or genuinely obsessed with the idea of child abuse.. either way, AH isn't the place to speak about it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Subtle Troll

That's pretty out of order :mad:

I was here since 2004 before Boards got hacked and I lost my username.
    You joined this month so realy, don't flatter yourself by thinking I've a grudge against you when I've been in discussions with grooming tens of thousands before you

****in hell call the cyber squad, we got one a those lads I read about in the star, beside the *article on fake tits.

*full size glossy image

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

This was never going to end well.

/thread

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Try and get your point across like an adult please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement